Timeshare Companies

Condo-trader.com

Oct 10, 2009

Has anyone had any experience with Conco-trader.com?

Aleta S.
Oct 11, 2009

If they ask for an upfront fee then they're a scam.

R P.
Oct 27, 2009

Condo Trader is a SCAM! These people who are answering obviously have something to do with them and are looking to lure you in with biased responses. Condro Trader continues to call and harass me with rude reps. who yell and scream if you ask questions or try to turn them down. Their "manager" even called me an idiot after I asked him to take me off their list and when I called him rude, he said I hadn't seen rude yet. I am contacting the Florida State's Attorney General's office and the BBB to report them. My husband is in Law Enforcement and I'm a professional who knows when something sounds and looks fraudulent. PLEASE don't do business with them! I am also putting multiple posts on Facebook and having friends repost to spread the word. Do the same-

Jane D.
Oct 28, 2009

janed277 wrote:
Condo Trader is a SCAM!......

Condo Trader continues to call and harass me with rude reps......

I am contacting the Florida State's Attorney General's office and the BBB to report them....

I have no doubt that these parasites are just another upfront fee scam of some sort, but I must admit that I'm curious just what it is you could file as a formal "complaint" to a AG office or the (utterly useless) BBB ?

Rudeness is unfortunately quite commonplace in our crass, self--centered and "entitled" American society of today, but I don't really think that poor manners is likley to be of much interest to an Attorney Generals' office where, in my experience, they are generally already quite busy investigating and prosecuting actual criminal activity...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 28, 2009 05:42 AM

Oct 28, 2009

ken1193 wrote:
janed277 wrote:
Condo Trader is a SCAM!......

Condo Trader continues to call and harass me with rude reps......

I am contacting the Florida State's Attorney General's office and the BBB to report them....

I have no doubt that these parasites are just another upfront fee scam of some sort, but I must admit that I'm curious just what it is you could file as a formal "complaint" to a AG office or the (utterly useless) BBB ?

Rudeness is unfortunately quite commonplace in our crass, self--centered and "entitled" American society of today, but I don't really think that poor manners is likley to be of much interest to an Attorney Generals' office where, in my experience, they are generally already quite busy investigating and prosecuting actual criminal activity...

I believe she might have cause to contact the attorney general if she is being harrassed by that company. I would also advise her join the national Do Not Call Registry and to program her phone to not accept calls from that company.

R P.
Oct 31, 2009

I too, have been contacted by a rep with Condo Trader.com who assures me they are "different" from all the other companies and urges me to check their ratings with the BBB. This person has been polite but I keep telling him that I, as an idividual, should NOT be taking the risk for doing business with them. I told them that "IF and WHEN they sell/rent my timeshare I'd be happy to pay them a reasonable, agreed upon beforehand, commission but any RISK will be shouldered by them". Of course, "this isn't how they operate". I don't know if I wasn't emphatic enough or what because I got a another call a few days later from the same guy. I told him again that it wasn't going to happen and that he was just wasting my time and his. No more calls. There must be good money it for snakes like them.

Dennis N.
Nov 01, 2009

dennisn36 wrote:
I too, have been contacted by a rep with Condo Trader.com who assures me they are "different" from all the other companies and urges me to check their ratings with the BBB. This person has been polite but I keep telling him that I, as an idividual, should NOT be taking the risk for doing business with them. I told them that "IF and WHEN they sell/rent my timeshare I'd be happy to pay them a reasonable, agreed upon beforehand, commission but any RISK will be shouldered by them". Of course, "this isn't how they operate". I don't know if I wasn't emphatic enough or what because I got a another call a few days later from the same guy. I told him again that it wasn't going to happen and that he was just wasting my time and his. No more calls. There must be good money it for snakes like them.

It's only good money for the snakes IF people fall for their lies and hand over their credit card number.

R P.
Jan 07, 2010

I have listed My Timeshare in Orlando with Condo-Trader, and It took a little longer than expected, but they sold my timeshare for $7,200.00 Closing took around 60 days, but i got paid and I’m happy, never had anyone yell at me, my rep was very helpful. Not sure if this other person is talking about the same company, but my experience has been good.

Cancel account J.
Jan 07, 2010

heatherj72 wrote:
I have listed My Timeshare in Orlando with Condo-Trader, and It took a little longer than expected, but they sold my timeshare for $7,200.00 Closing took around 60 days, but i got paid and I’m happy, never had anyone yell at me, my rep was very helpful. Not sure if this other person is talking about the same company, but my experience has been good.

Bluntly stated, I believe this to be a shill posting, which lacks any credibility at all, and I personally don't believe a single word of it.

Please prove me WRONG by posting the County, book and page number of the recorded deed for this alleged "sale". It's a public record, easily observed online with those book and page (or instrument number) details. Since you are (allegedly) the "grantor", you can easily retrieve those details by "grantor" (i.e., your own) name and then relay the book and page number info back here. Interested "disbelievers" can then look at and confirm the public record on line for themselves.

I won't hold my breath waiting for the requested facts, however.

P.S. Nice try, though ;-)

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 07, 2010 10:19 AM

Jan 07, 2010

lol, some company really ruffled your feathers. so i pulled my documents to reply to you THAT YES CONDO-TRADER.COM SOLD My TIMESHARE :) i have my deed because you asked for a book #, it says book 6308 and page 5978, on MY deed, but I do not have the new owners deed, but maybe online you can find it somewhere if your really that unbelieving.

Cancel account J.
Jan 07, 2010

P.S. this was recorded in Orange County

Cancel account J.
Jan 07, 2010

heatherj72 wrote:
YES CONDO-TRADER.COM SOLD My TIMESHARE :) i have my deed because you asked for a book #, it says book 6308 and page 5978, on MY deed, but I do not have the new owners deed, but maybe online you can find it somewhere if your really that unbelieving.

Yes, I AM that "unbelieving" --- and the book and page number of an OLD deed is completely irrelevant and useless information and cannot be used to reference a NEW deed for the same property. The old deed information merely tells us who owned it PREVIOUSLY, which is neither informative nor useful (nor responsive to my clear and specific challenge).

My challenge to you was (and STILL remains) to post the book and page number of the *NEW* deed, as recorded after your (alleged) "sale". In my own 27 years of timeshare ownership and experience, including as BOTH seller and buyer (...I've never once used ANY third party) it has consistently been MY experience that the closing company and /or selling entity routinely PROVIDES a copy of the new deed to BOTH the seller AND the buyer, after the new deed is recorded. The fact that you claim NOT to have any info on the NEW deed (...nor, apparently, can you be bothered to look it up, presumably already knowing YOUR OWN NAME as "grantor" to very easily do so) does not exactly enhance your credibility here.

In short, I still believe you are a shill for "Condo Trader"--- and my clear and specific challenge remains intact and completely unanswered by any relevant or useful facts to prove me wrong. PLEASE, go ahead and prove me wrong!

P.S. Nice try though ....again. ;-)

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 07, 2010 11:05 AM

Jan 07, 2010

This is silly, I DID NOT get a copy of the new owners deed, but I will call the closing company to see if they can release the book and page number just to show you that sometimes good things happen, you are so negative. and I’m not going to search forever on public records and waste my time because you are unbelieving, but I will give a quick call to try to get the info to prove to you that I sold my timeshare.

CONDOTRADER SOLD MY TIMESHARE

Cancel account J.

Last edited by heatherj72 on Jan 07, 2010 11:07 AM

Jan 07, 2010

I spoke to carlina my closing agent at Resort Closings, and she said the book # is 9979 and page number is 1834 new deed was recorded Dec 22nd 2009. I still don’t understand why you are so negative, you never even listed your timeshare with Condotrader, you said you had an angry rep, which may have been fired by now.

THANK YOU CONDOTRADER FOR SELLING MY TIMESHARE

Cancel account J.
Jan 07, 2010

I am going to be away from my computer for the rest of the day, but will try to reply to any other questions. I feel I proved to any unbelievers, there are some GOOD companies out there, just search around, or don’t go with a 3rd party at all its your choice, but I know condo-trader sold my timeshare and I am happy

Cancel account J.
Jan 07, 2010

heatherj72 wrote:
I DID NOT get a copy of the new owners deed, but I will call the closing company to see if they can release the book and page number just to show you that sometimes good things happen, you are so negative. and I’m not going to search forever on public records and waste my time because you are unbelieving, but I will give a quick call to try to get the info to prove to you that I sold my timeshare.

I don't at all mind being labelled "negative" --- and I will be delighted to be PROVEN wrong. The info you make such a big deal about is a public record, easily retrievable in seconds. Why is that so hard for you?

Three decades of experience and observation in the timeshare industry has made me skeptical of ALL unsubstantiated claims; yours is certainly no exception. Just prove me wrong with some FACTS!

I try my best, as time allows, to help people avoid the many and varied parasites and scammers who are always found in and around the timeshare industry. In my 27 years of experience, multiple ownerships and ongoing observations, I've seen far too many honest, hard working (but unwary) people get burned. Fortunately, I have never been one of them myself, but I offer no apology for trying to keep decent people from thrwoing their hard earned money away to ANY of the parasites and scammers who seem to consistently and routinely pop up in and around timeshares and timeshare related Internet sites --- certainly occasionally including RedWeek.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 08, 2010 06:46 AM

Jan 07, 2010

The Orange County FL deed identified above was recorded on 12/22/09. The deed was for the sale of fixed Week "X" (week / unit number is recorded info, but not important for this discussion) at "Bella Florida Condominium" in Orange County, FL. This may be what is known today as "Sheraton Vistana" in Orlando --- older properties in FL are still indentified in deeds by their ORIGINAL developer name of years ago when the condo was built. Even if re-acquired later by someone else and "renamed", the original Condo name / condo documents generally remain intact in all subsequent deeds (which makes sense). The sale amount was reportedly $7,000. If there was a reseller involved (which I had actually hoped to somehow unveil), there is no way to determine who or where that "reseller" may have been, nor what their "take" (upfront or otherwise) for the sale might have been. Resort Closings of Bozeman, MT (James Tarpey) prepared the deed.

In the interests of respecting personal privacy, even if I happen to disbelieve the claimant, I will NOT post the (New York located) grantors' names OR the (Indiana located) grantees' names here. To do so would be disrespectful of personal privacy and I would never do that, any disagreements or my own disbelief of "Heather" notwithstanding. I *WILL* note here with great curiousity, however, that NO name even REMOTELY resembling "Heather" is EITHER ONE of the grantors' (sellers) first names. So, whether RedWeek poster "Heatherj72", who extols the alleged virtues of Condo Trader was REALLY a seller in this transaction (or is instead just a shill for Condo Trader, gaining (...not very subtly) some "free advertising" for Condo Trader) remains undetermined.

My advice has always been (and still remains) that NO ONE should ever pay an upfront fee to sell a timeshare. I've never had to do so in 27 years, and I don't recommend that anyone else ever consider doing so. However, it's a free country --- your mileage (and wallet) may vary...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 07, 2010 03:57 PM

Jan 08, 2010

Hello and good morning, I am following up to your response, I very much appreciate you not releasing my info, as i gave you deed info to prove a point. Also I go by heather my (middle name) because people always mess up my first name. But why should it matter? You also went on about the name of the resort which I already stated was Vistana, at any rate i doubt very many people read this blog, but at least i was able to prove to you that this company worked for me. I hope you have a great New Year!

Cancel account J.

Last edited by heatherj72 on Jan 08, 2010 07:31 AM

Jan 08, 2010

heatherj72 wrote:
Hello and good morning, I am following up to your response, I very much appreciate you not releasing my info, as i gave you deed info to prove a point. Also I go by heather my (middle name) because people always mess up my first name. But why should it matter? You also went on about the name of the resort which I already stated was Vistana, at any rate i doubt very many people read this blog, but at least i was able to prove to you that this company worked for me. I hope you have a great New Year!

You have not materially "proven" anything whatsoever by merely asserting that a recorded deed name and YOUR name here are different because you claim to "go by your middle name". It's VERY difficult for me to believe that the non-American first AND last grantor name on the subject deed somehow has an Anglo middle name of "Heather", but maybe others will choose to believe you. Frankly, I STILL don't...

These RedWeek forums are not a "blog", by the way. They are instead "discussion forums" for the exchange of timeshare information and ideas. I don't "blog". These forums are indeed read by many people. I DELIBERATELY inserted some directly relevant, generic "deed" info (eliminating all specific unit and week details) merely to INFORM people (who may not otherwise know) that current resort names are very often different than the resort name referenced in the associated deed --- and I merely described exactly why that is so....

In any case, I remain unconvinced that you are not just a Condo Trader shill, but if I'm mistaken and those folks actually sold a timeshare for you for $7k (...when there are several Orlando Vistana weeks listed on ebay, right now, for one dollar ---with NO bids...), then congratulations are most certainly in order. It would surely be the FIRST sale of a timeshare by ANY upfront fee company which I have EVER encountered in my 27 years of timeshare ownership, experience and observation.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 08, 2010 08:38 AM

Jan 08, 2010

It is so silly to go back and forth, i sold my timeshare through condotrader, and my closing agent made it seem she had many files with them, so im sure im not the first ever, at any rate some people are set in her ways, and so for me to keep replying to and endless pit is pointless. I sold my timeshare im happy, if your not thats ok. Again, have a great new year

Cancel account J.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.