Timeshare Companies

Upfront fee resale companies are against the law in Florida .... report them ASAP

Oct 13, 2009

Please be aware of the following pulled from BBB.gov .....

(http://centralflorida.app.bbb.org/newsearch2.asp?ComID=073300175003582) the State of Florida - the collection of advanced listing fees from Florida residents, regardless of the location of the property, and owners of Florida timeshares is prohibited. Section 721.20(6), Florida Statutes, prohibits the collection of any advance fee for the listing of any timeshare estate or timeshare license, and requires that any seller of a timeshare plan be a licensed real estate broker, broker associate or sales associate as defined in Section 475.01, Florida Statutes."

If that's the case, then why haven't all upfront fee companies in Florida, that are still in operation and are rampant across that state, been arrested and jailed if what they are continuing to do what is against the law? How are they continuing to get away with their scams ????

Someone that's been taken by any upfront fee scam company in the state of Florida needs to copy and paste that statute and then report the scammers to the law ASAP ..... my mission is to put every upfront fee resale/rental timeshare company completely out of business .... this is certainly a good way to start.

R P.
Feb 18, 2010

hey jayjay--have read many posts by you on this site--was wondering if you or anyone has heard of or delt with trinity oasis marketing out of las vegas nev.===i just got an offer from them and was trying to check them out-----thanks ron

Ron P.
Feb 20, 2010

Bottom line, never, ever pay a timeshare resale company an upfront fee in the hundreds/thousands of dollars to list your timeshare in a database that no one will ever see .... you're throwing your money away AND you'll never hear from them again.

R P.
Jun 25, 2010

I was contatced by RCI Inovations. Inc. that they had a buyer for my timeshare in New Smyrna Beach Florida. They requested an upfront fee to cover the title search and deed transfer.

They stated that the fee was an escrow account.

Phillip H.
Jun 26, 2010

philliph32 wrote:
I was contatced by RCI Inovations. Inc. that they had a buyer for my timeshare in New Smyrna Beach Florida. They requested an upfront fee to cover the title search and deed transfer.

They stated that the fee was an escrow account.

The bottom line here is that if you give ANY upfront fee money to a parasite like this, they will NEVER sell your timeshare --- AND you will never see your "fee" money again.

For the record, "escrow" involves a BUYER's money being held in a separate account to apply toward closing. SELLERS don't pay any "escrow" money in a legitimate sale, and a non-licensed, listing / advertising entity has no lawful right to ever request or hold "escrow" money in the first place. Run, run away --- just as fast as you can.

If you freely choose to pay money to "upfront fee" thieves like this, please remember that you are NOT a "victim". Instead, you are just another willing VOLUNTEER making a bad decision. So, don't volunteer!

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 26, 2010 06:45 AM

Jun 30, 2010

I recently listed my lasvegas timeshare with trinity oasis in las vegas. they called me the end of may {Rev Spurgeon} and said it had been sold they faxed me the paperword and requested a check for $1000 certified which Isend on the the check front I put a memo for settlement charges only thinking this would stop them from using the funds for something else. They called and thanked me for the check a congratulated me on the sale of my time share. They said I would recieve a check on or before june 15,1010. Needless to say Iam still waiting and they dont answer phone, fax, ore-mail messages. Anyone have any similiar experiances? Thomas Ford Bradenton fl. 34210 (941)798-9024 fax (941)798-9028

Thomas F.

Last edited by thomasf177 on Aug 22, 2010 08:36 AM

Jul 29, 2010

You're not alone! My experience is almost identical to yours with Rev. Spurgeon of Trinity Oasis Marketing in Las Vegas, NV. Never again!!!

M. H.
Jul 29, 2010

Don't do it! He's a fraud!!!

M. H.
Jul 31, 2010

thomasf177 wrote:
I recently listed my lasvegas timeshare with trinity oasis in las vegas. they called me the end of may {Rev Spurgeon} and said it had been sold they faxed me the paperword and requested a check for $1000 certified which Isend on the the check front I put a memo for settlement charges only thinking this would stop them from using the funds for something else. They called and thanmked me for the check a congratulated me on the sale of my time share. They said I would recieve a check on or before june 15,1010. Nnndless to say Iam still waiting and they dont answer phone, fax, ore-mail messages. Anyone have any similiar experiances? Thomas Ford Bradenton fl. 34210 (941)798-9024 fax (941)798-9028

ALL TIMESHARE UPFRONT FEE RESALE companies are SCAMS, period .... there are literally thousands of testimonials on the site alone from people that have been scammed .... sorry you found it too late, but let this be an expensive lesson learned for you.

About the only thing you can do is file a complaint with the attorney general in the state where the scammers are located.

R P.
Aug 08, 2010

We have also been scammed by Trinity Oasis Marketing in Las Vegas, since we sent cashier checks to them, I done know what I can do to get my money back. I received a call from Telemarketing Recovery Task Force in DelRay, Fl, stating they would recover all the money we had given to timeshare companies and would charge 25% of total amount.When he learned how much we had given to these companies, he then took 25% of the total and ask for the fee upfront. I have not given him any money or signed any contract and I'm very skeptical that this is another scam. Has anyone had any dealing with this task force?

Dawn T.
Aug 08, 2010

dawnt82 wrote:
We have also been scammed by Trinity Oasis Marketing in Las Vegas, since we sent cashier checks to them, I done know what I can do to get my money back. I received a call from Telemarketing Recovery Task Force in DelRay, Fl, stating they would recover all the money we had given to timeshare companies and would charge 25% of total amount.When he learned how much we had given to these companies, he then took 25% of the total and ask for the fee upfront. I have not given him any money or signed any contract and I'm very skeptical that this is another scam. Has anyone had any dealing with this task force?

Yes, this is another scam. Since Florida started cracking down on upfront listing fee scam artists, these upfront listing fee "recovery" scams started popping up.

Tell them that they will get their 25% out of the money AFTER it is recovered. At that point, if they don't hang up, they will tell you that that's not how they operate.

Lance C.
Aug 12, 2010

I, too listed my timeshare with Trinity Oasis with Rev. Charles Spurgeon in April 2010, paid $399 by credit card. In July I was informed by Rev. Charles that I have buyer and that I need to send a cashier's check of $1,000 for closing fee. Excited & sent it out expressed mail. He promised me that I will receive a check & money from other companies that scammed me. Not knowing that he's a scammer himself. He promised and assured me that I should be expecting a check not later than July 15, 2010. In a couple of days it would be 1 month and still no feedback from Trinity Oasis. How can this company and many others cheat and scam innocent people. I guess because I'm from the island of Guam and the only access I have of communicating is via email & phone they were able to take advantage of me. I'm really frustrated, I've sent numerous emails and made long distant phone calls but got no response. Trinity Oasis (Rev. Charles) just disappeared in thin air, likewise his secretary Victoria (who knows maybe she's an imposter also). Once my money was collected she doesn't answer my phone calls nor return my calls. They don't want duplicated message, but I continue to call & leave message plus a letter. I'm frustrated, pissed off at scammers that took advantage of me. I've been scammed by the following Resort Property Depot Inc., Resort Vacation Property Marketing , & Gold Crown Property Management. Till this date, I'm still receiving calls from numerous companies offering to sell my timeshare. Honestly, I don't trust anyone any more, I'm sick and tired of being taken advantage of. I will continue to pay for my timeshare and just give it up eventually onces it's paid, than to be scammed by another company. I've had it with scammers that have not heart and steal from hard working, honest individuals that wants to go through the process. Thanks for hearing me out, frustrated Janet C., Island of Guam

Janet C.
Aug 12, 2010

I've been scammed by Trinity Oasis the so called Rev. Charles Spurgeon, who claims to be a christian. I wish I did my research prior to signing a contract with Federal Fee Recovery two days ago for 40% of money recovered once a three way phone conference with my banking institution is completed. The 3 way conference never took place but I signed the contract. FFR never called to confirm nor responded to my email. I tried to print the contract unfortunately it's for viewing only. Now, I truly believe that it's thru Rev. Charles Spurgeon & secretary Victoria that FFR was able to contact me. I honestly wish that i did my research sooner. It's too late for me because I've been scammed by this company onces again plus numerous companies in the past. Beware of scammers they are every where, I've finally learned from my mistakes, never again. I rather let my timeshare sit and return back to the state of Hawaii, than to trust another so called scammer. Jan C from Guam

Janet C.
Aug 18, 2010

I received a call from Telemarketing Recovery Task Force in Boca Raton Fla asking for 25% as a retainer fee to recover my money lost to companies that were to market my timeshare. is this just another rip off? I gave him my credit card number, should I stop payment?

Larry I.
Aug 19, 2010

larryi13 wrote:
I received a call from Telemarketing Recovery Task Force in Boca Raton Fla asking for 25% as a retainer fee to recover my money lost to companies that were to market my timeshare. is this just another rip off? I gave him my credit card number, should I stop payment?

Stop payment ASAP .... this is just another scam operation supposedly going after upfront fee resale scammers (it would be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic) .... all they want is your upfront fee then you'll never hear from them again just like the resale companies .... do you ever wonder how they got your personal info (telephone # etc.) ? They were a former (or still are) upfront fee resale company. They make a living scamming people, period.

R P.
Aug 19, 2010

You also need to report them to the AG of Florida.

R P.
Aug 22, 2010

jayjay wrote:
Please be aware of the following pulled from BBB.gov .....

(http://centralflorida.app.bbb.org/newsearch2.asp?ComID=073300175003582) the State of Florida - the collection of advanced listing fees from Florida residents, regardless of the location of the property, and owners of Florida timeshares is prohibited. Section 721.20(6), Florida Statutes, prohibits the collection of any advance fee for the listing of any timeshare estate or timeshare license, and requires that any seller of a timeshare plan be a licensed real estate broker, broker associate or sales associate as defined in Section 475.01, Florida Statutes."

If that's the case, then why haven't all upfront fee companies in Florida, that are still in operation and are rampant across that state, been arrested and jailed if what they are continuing to do what is against the law? How are they continuing to get away with their scams ????

Someone that's been taken by any upfront fee scam company in the state of Florida needs to copy and paste that statute and then report the scammers to the law ASAP ..... my mission is to put every upfront fee resale/rental timeshare company completely out of business .... this is certainly a good way to start.

Back to the original topic, here's a question. If the scam outfit is located in, say, California, is it now illegal to ask for an upfront fee to list your unit that's located in Florida?

Also, if you've been scammed by an upfront listing company located in California for listing your Florida unit, can you report the company to the Florida AG? I think this would be good because it seems Florida is the only state trying to shut down these companies.

Lance C.
Aug 23, 2010

lancec13 wrote:
Back to the original topic, here's a question. If the scam outfit is located in, say, California, is it now illegal to ask for an upfront fee to list your unit that's located in Florida?

Also, if you've been scammed by an upfront listing company located in California for listing your Florida unit, can you report the company to the Florida AG? I think this would be good because it seems Florida is the only state trying to shut down these companies.

The AG in Florida can't go after an upfront fee resale in CA. The only way these scammers will be shut down is to repeatedly file your complaint with the AG in the state the scammers are located.

R P.
Aug 23, 2010

I think this is a great post! To carry it a bit further what are your thoughts, or the law, on companies that want an up front fee to advertise or rent your week?

Marshall R.
Aug 24, 2010

marshallr12 wrote:
I think this is a great post! To carry it a bit further what are your thoughts, or the law, on companies that want an up front fee to advertise or rent your week?

You probably don't want know my thoughts on upfront fee resale company scammers that charge in the hundreds/thousands of dollars for doing absolutely nothing.

The best thing you can do is report them to the AG.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.