Timeshare Companies

Upfront fee resale companies are against the law in Florida .... report them ASAP

Sep 07, 2010

All I know, is that when I checked them out on The Florida State Licensing Consumer Division, they had no complaints, When I checked them out on Florida Attorney General, they had no complaints. I am a happy customer. maybe I'm the only customer they have ever had?

Jodi M.
Oct 07, 2010

I worked with Telemarketing Recovery Taskforce and they recovered almost 70 percent of my losses within 2 months. I was happy and still am with them to date. Not everyone's a scammer, I'm glad they called. I owed a lot of money on my Visa card...a lot.....

Joe S.
Oct 07, 2010

Telemarketing recovery task force NOT A SCAM....NOT A FRAUD.....they helped me......there are some bad one's out there so beware.....

Joe S.
Oct 08, 2010

joes935 wrote:
Telemarketing recovery task force NOT A SCAM....NOT A FRAUD.....they helped me......there are some bad one's out there so beware.....
Nonsense. It's a scam ---period, amen. I also note with interest that even the scammer company NAME has somehow magically changed in the course of this very lame thread. The name started out being "Timeshare Recovery Task Force", but has now somehow magically morphed into "Telemarketing Recovery Task Force".

Don't listen to this crap, people. Use your head and your God given intellect. If you actually have a legitimate case and the facts to back it up, the state Attorney General (and no one else on Planet Earth) can and will help you (for free, with NO commissions or fees). Don't be stupid and voluntarily PAY some scammer to just give you false hope, empty promises and meaningless assurances of "recovery" --- it just "ain't ever gonna happen". If you decide to pay these thieves anyhow, then you are NOT a victim --- you are instead just another VOLUNTEER who CHOOSES to make a bad and expensive decision...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 08, 2010 04:59 AM

Oct 08, 2010

joes935 wrote:

I smell a shill !!!!

R P.
Oct 09, 2010

joes935 wrote:
I worked with Telemarketing Recovery Taskforce and they recovered almost 70 percent of my losses within 2 months. I was happy and still am with them to date. Not everyone's a scammer, I'm glad they called. I owed a lot of money on my Visa card...a lot.....

Assuming that what you said is actually true, did you recover your money via check or a credit on your credit card?

If it was via check, did the (original) scammer send you the full amount and then you had to send TRT its cut or did the (original) scammer send the refund amount to TRT and then TRT send you the amount minus its cut?

If your refund was via crediting your credit card, make absolutely, positively sure that the credit goes through and stays before you mail a check to TRT as its commission because if you don't, once TRT receives a check from you, it will reverse the credit on your credit card and you will be out yet another amount.

By the way, while we're at it, who was the original upfront fee scammer and how much did it charge you?

Lance C.
Oct 09, 2010

OMG ... I can't believe what I am reading! This company scammed me. They called me saying they could get my fees back, when they called me they were called Timeshare Recovery Task Force ... after about 3 months of waiting for my refund ... I called the company and they answered the phone as Telemarketing Recovery Task Force!

My lawyer actually suggested that I contact a debt collector, because it would be more cost effective, and that is how I found Timeshare Financial Recovery. I called them, they did not solicit me. (Actually, they also helped me get my money back from this other BS company and didn't charge me commission for that one.)

I guess there are several laws in the state of Florida regarding Timeshare Resale. There is something called Florida Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices Act. and something else regarding the listing agent to post how many sales they have versus how many listings they have. Timeshare Financial Recovery told me that under these laws, I am entitled to a full refund, and they suggested that I try to get the refund back on my own first, before I hired them. I did try ... but got NOTHING. I don't think that sounds too much like someone trying to scam me, if they are telling me to try it on my own first, do you? My attorney was going to charge me a retainer of $1,000 to start a court case, and then if he was able to recover the funds, he was going to take 50%. I would have been upside down! He told me to find a debt collector in the phone book or to google it. He just said to make sure that they were LICENSED and BONDED, and to check if they had any complaints with Florida's Office of Financial Regulation, Division of consumer Services, as well as FTC. He also told me to get refferrals because if they violated the Fair Debt Collections Act, that the company they are collecting the debt from could sue me.

Jodi M.
Nov 04, 2010

I and my neighbour (both new owners at westgate Town Centre,Orlando) have been contacted by a company calling themselves "Vacation Property Marketing" , offering - for an upfront sum of $1500 each - to market our timeshares for four weeks a year.Has any one out there come across this company?

Dennis M.
Nov 04, 2010

dennism283 wrote:
I and my neighbour (both new owners at westgate Town Centre,Orlando) have been contacted by a company calling themselves "Vacation Property Marketing" , offering - for an upfront sum of $1500 each - to market our timeshares for four weeks a year.Has any one out there come across this company?

Your inquiry would most certainly get much better exposure if you started a new thread in this "Timeshare Companies" forum, putting the name of the company right in the subject line.

That said, I personally have no doubt at all that you (and your neighbor) have been contacted by scammers. Westgate is not exactly noted for being particularly "honorable", nor is their slimy weasel CEO David Siegel (...who recently filed for bankruptcy).

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Nov 06, 2010 05:22 AM

Nov 04, 2010

dennism283 wrote:

You said you're new owners? Wow! It didn't take these clowns long to find you and try to scam you.

I haven't come across this company but just please read even a fraction of the number of posts on these boards about companies that charge a large upfront fee.

Once you do, you'll most certainly realize that paying a company a large upfront fee will get you absolutely nothing except a long hard fight to get your money back.

Lance C.
Nov 24, 2010

Can anyone advise if theyhave been successful with Telemarketing Recovery Task Force?

Lou M.
Dec 07, 2010

i have been waiting on a company out of flordia to sell my timeshare for about 7 months and they told me usually in 90 days they sell them. i had to pay $600 upfront and now want me money back b/c there hasnt been one single offer. i have googled the company name and read alot of bad things about them. what do i need to do to get my money back. thanks josh

Josh P.
Dec 07, 2010

joshp31 wrote:
i have been waiting on a company out of flordia to sell my timeshare for about 7 months and they told me usually in 90 days they sell them. i had to pay $600 upfront and now want me money back b/c there hasnt been one single offer. i have googled the company name and read alot of bad things about them. what do i need to do to get my money back. thanks. josh

About the only recourse you have at this time is to report the company to the Attorney General of Florida ..... you can file a complaint online.

R P.
Jul 12, 2011

HELP who was the company that helped you get your money back? did you have to pay them an up front fee? I have paid SO much money on this timeshare CRAP THAT I HATE!! I wan to get rid of this death trap and I want my up front fees back! it's not fair. PLEASE HELP ME! SE

Shontell E.
Jul 13, 2011

shontelle wrote:
HELP who was the company that helped you get your money back? did you have to pay them an up front fee? I have paid SO much money on this timeshare CRAP THAT I HATE!! I wan to get rid of this death trap and I want my up front fees back! it's not fair. PLEASE HELP ME! SE

Your best bet to get your money back from upfront fee scam artists is to file a complaint with the Attorney-General of the state where the scam is located. Do not pay anyone an upfront fee to recover your money.

If you want to get rid of your timeshare, try advertising it as being given away for free. Another possibility that has worked for SOME people is to write to the resort and ask if it will take a deed back.

But, as you and many others have learned the hard way, never, ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, or market your timeshare. Never pay any Post Card Company to take it off your hands. And never pay anyone an upfront fee to recover already paid upfront fees.

Lance C.
Sep 25, 2011

jodim79 wrote:
Actually, I found one company that has helped me get my money back. and they didn't try to "re-list" my property. They were a legitimate Debt Collections company who sent a cease and desist letter to my listing company, and with a Power of Attorney, were able to negotiate a refund through my credit card company. I just wish I had found this company sooner, because I wouldn't have spent so much money. In the past 5 years I have spent over $10,000 to "list" my property, and have never even had one inquiry about it. They should all be shut down in my opinion. Oh, if anybody wants the name of the collection company, please send me a message.

Please send me the name of this company as I have lost over $30,000 with all these scammers trying to first of al sell my timeshares, then to recover the money and lost all that also. Thanks for you help, Fran

Fran W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.