Timeshare Companies

Please report upfront fee scammers to Attorney General .... there's power in numbers ... Florida has begun

Sep 19, 2011

the latest on Westgae in their attempt to repurchase their timeshare property back at Westgae,at the Woods, Branson. After 3 additional phone calls to the corporate office last thursday and friday, I was finally advised that Westgage would not follow their attempt to purchase the unit that was for sale and would notify the BBB of this fact. When I asked for a copy of the e mail in order for the branson transfer agent to finsih up her paperwork, their answer was NO. we wukk type up a letter and mail it to your. When asked BBB if I was satisfied with westort reply, I said NO, NO. When I see it in writing from cororate office, only at that time will I reply to BBB. so I anticipate a letter by the end of this week. Finally won ONE round with timeshares"

Robert S.
Sep 23, 2011

These scammers from all over the country call me at least 3 times a week to sell my timeshare that is with Wyndham Resorts. They all want their money upfront.

These marketing companys are just as bad as the lottery companies that ask for a fee so you can get your winnings!!

Never ever pay a fee to sell a property or to collect your winnings. They are all scams.

Do I notify the Attorney General in my state of Indiana or Florida?

Ellen B.
Sep 23, 2011

ellenb112 wrote:
These scammers from all over the country call me at least 3 times a week to sell my timeshare that is with Wyndham Resorts. They all want their money upfront.....

Do I notify the Attorney General in my state of Indiana or Florida?

If you were scammed, contact the Attorney General of jurisdiction (the AG of the state in which you believe the scammer to be based and operating). Florida is the scammer capital of the world, but the legal "heat" in FL has many scammers "relocating" to other states.

However, unless you have ALREADY been scammed, you may find the AG office to be unenthusiastic in hearing about mere phone calls. They frankly have their hands quite full already tracking down and investigating scams (i.e., criminal activities) which, unfortunately, have ALREADY been successfully committed. Nonetheless, report the parasites; AG investigators MIGHT just welcome more details that help them "fill in some blanks".

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 23, 2011 10:53 AM

Sep 24, 2011

I tend to disagree that attorney general office will help in any way One of the letters that i wrote was to the Floida attorney general office regarding that westgate was involved in fraud in backdating letters . I received a very nice FORM letter from some aid, a form letter, did not even relat to the problem, I just wrote back and advised to please don't take the time to send me any more of your "forms". I will handled it myself.

Robert S.
Oct 31, 2011

It seems that the florida attorney general is making the steps to decrease timeshare resale fraud. They are proposing a legislation to help solve the problem.

Victoria L.
Jan 10, 2012

I have owned my timeshare since 2005 and have had scammers phoning me constantly for years now. I plan to get the names and phone numbers and report to Attorney General, Florida. I am so disappointed in this timeshare business. I just want to get rid of mine as I have only been able to use it twice and rent it once. It is a waste of money and I wish I had never got sucked in like that. Any help would be appreciated. It seems Playa del Sol does not exist or did it ever?

Leona R.
Jan 22, 2012

RTP Property

This company tried to charge an upfront fee. When we asked about having the "advertising" costs deducted from first rental we were told that was not possible. However they did agree on reducing fee by $150 dollars. We were assured that our personal agent Elizabeth Hall would have no problem renting the timeshare. Having read a lot about scamming was still hesitant and did further investigation. We asked for a referral of one of her clients and after two days was given the name and phone number for a Laurie Brewer. We placed the call and got "ms. Brewer's" voicemail. When she called back on caller ID the name that appeared was Laurie Booth. Having done some research on the owner thought it odd that his name was Brandon Booth. When we finally did speak to Ms. brewer she denied knowing him and also insisted she was Laurie Brewer. Ha. She went so far as to say she was married to a Mr. white, since deceased. When Elizabeth Hall was presented with these facts she confirmed she gave us the owner's mother as a reference because she had rented her timeshare. Offered no explanation as to why we were never told this beforehand and insisted the company is "legit." would never trust this company and just wanted pass along our unfortunate experience.

Deborah R.
Jan 27, 2012

deborahr226 wrote:
RTP Property

This company tried to charge an upfront fee. When we asked about having the "advertising" costs deducted from first rental we were told that was not possible. However they did agree on reducing fee by $150 dollars. We were assured that our personal agent Elizabeth Hall would have no problem renting the timeshare. Having read a lot about scamming was still hesitant and did further investigation. We asked for a referral of one of her clients and after two days was given the name and phone number for a Laurie Brewer. We placed the call and got "ms. Brewer's" voicemail. When she called back on caller ID the name that appeared was Laurie Booth. Having done some research on the owner thought it odd that his name was Brandon Booth. When we finally did speak to Ms. brewer she denied knowing him and also insisted she was Laurie Brewer. Ha. She went so far as to say she was married to a Mr. white, since deceased. When Elizabeth Hall was presented with these facts she confirmed she gave us the owner's mother as a reference because she had rented her timeshare. Offered no explanation as to why we were never told this beforehand and insisted the company is "legit." would never trust this company and just wanted pass along our unfortunate experience.

I don't know where you own but there's NEVER any GUARANTEE that your timeshare can be rented .... kudos to you for doing your homework.

R P.
Apr 16, 2012

I think I have been scammed by a guy on e-bay that is in fla. Selltimeshare.org Miami fla. 33131. I'm in Calif. and he is using a transfer company here I think he work for too. Pacific transfer Inc. Can I go to fla. attorney general too.

Ruger K.
Apr 16, 2012

rugerk wrote:
I think I have been scammed by a guy on e-bay that is in fla. Selltimeshare.org Miami fla. 33131. I'm in Calif. and he is using a transfer company here I think he work for too. Pacific transfer Inc. Can I go to fla. attorney general too.

If they are not returning your phone calls and are not answering your emails then that certainly raises a big red flag. I would definitely file a complaint with the attorneys general of both FL and CA. You can do this online by googling their contact info.

R P.
Apr 30, 2021

Has anyone dealt with West realty from New Mexico?

Grethel G.
Apr 30, 2021

I need help retrieving lost deposits in selling timeshare from Mexico.

ANYONE PLS HELP!!

Grethel G.
Apr 30, 2021

grethelg wrote:
I need help retrieving lost deposits in selling timeshare from Mexico.

If you've already sent them money, then that money is lost and long gone. Any effort to try to recoup that money will be futile, exhausting, and frustrating.

Sadly, you are now on a "sucker list". You are going to be getting a lot more calls from scam artists with all sorts of wild claims such as selling your unit, getting rid of your unit, suing the people who scammed you, and/or retrieving the money you lost.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.