Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Successful Resales & Rental Feedback Wanted

Jun 25, 2012

Thanks so much for the info. I still owe $383.00 for the renovation do I have to pay that anyway first, whether I rent it or lose it?

Marilyn F.
Jun 26, 2012

marilynf87 wrote:
Thanks so much for the info. I still owe $383.00 for the renovation do I have to pay that anyway first, whether I rent it or lose it?

Are you speaking of a special assessment that you still owe. If so, that will have to be paid before you can rent your unit out.

R P.
Jun 26, 2012

jayjay wrote:
marilynf87 wrote:

Are you speaking of a special assessment that you still owe. If so, that will have to be paid before you can rent your unit out.

Marilyn F.
Jun 26, 2012

marilynf87 wrote:
jayjay wrote:
marilynf87 wrote:

Marilyn F.
Jun 29, 2012

I tried to rent our timeshare at Vacation Village at Parkway for week 25. I never had one inquiry. Based on my experience I wouldn't get my hopes up regarding rentals or sales on this site.

Paul J.
Jun 30, 2012

paul974 wrote:
I tried to rent our timeshare at Vacation Village at Parkway for week 25. I never had one inquiry. Based on my experience I wouldn't get my hopes up regarding rentals or sales on this site.

That resort is in the Orlando area. Do you realize how many resorts/weeks, hotels and other accommodations are in the Orlando area. That area has the greatest number of timeshare resorts per capita in the entire world, not to speak of all the other types of accommodations.

If you didn't get any replies to your ad then you more than likely priced your rental too high or your resort isn't in demand. In this economy you have to rent competitively since people are looking for bargains.

Redweek is the NUMBER1 site on the internet for timeshare resales and rentals ..... it's not Redweek's fault that your week wasn't rented ..... they're merely the messenger however you're the author of your own ad here.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jun 30, 2012 07:48 AM

Jul 02, 2012

Regarding Maurice Allen attorney representing a Peter Lanore from Raddison Timeshare resell. After Peter Lanore stated he had a buyer for $70,000 and Maurice Allen Attorney would handle and call. Maurice Allen called, after questioning Maurice, Maurice told me to @$@# myself. They can not handle the questioning. When I went to my timeshare this past year, in the city they had a Timeshare company, who stated that any Timeshare business that asks for money up front is a scam. Your timeshare should be listed on consignment. Beware, these people are smooth talkers and when you piss them off and they dont get what they want from you they are foul mouthed, angry people. these people are darn right evil.

Inalee Y.
Jul 03, 2012

inaleey wrote:
Beware, these people are smooth talkers and when you piss them off and they dont get what they want from you they are foul mouthed, angry people. these people are darn right evil.

They are foul mouthed and angry because the public is catching onto their scams via forums like this, the media, and the Florida attorney general and the Florida senate (they're going after Florida upfront fee and lying timeshare scammers bigtime). Hopefully Florida will catch the attention of all the other states.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jul 03, 2012 08:18 AM

Jul 15, 2012

Hi I am looking to rent out points and will pay the levies ?

Regards

Khalil K.
Jul 15, 2012

how did you go about selling it

Catherine R.
Jul 16, 2012

WOW! just logged in to view my posting and found there were only three for Divi Village Resorts in Aruba and mine was not one of them. Am very upset, haven't logged in for a couple of weeks, how long have I not been posted? My maintenance fee is due Aug. 1st so this really brings it down to the wire.

Marilyn F.
Jul 17, 2012

Hi Marilyn,

Your posting is active and was not removed unless an email that we sent to you bounced which would have automatically deactivated your posting. But all looks fine now. Please log in on RedWeek and click on "Your Account" on the top of the page. Then view your active rental postings. We also show that you have received some inquiries. Click on the "Messages" link to view copies of these inquiries in case your email filtered them out.

If you have any further questions please contact support@redweek.com.

Thanks, Marty

marilynf87 wrote:
WOW! just logged in to view my posting and found there were only three for Divi Village Resorts in Aruba and mine was not one of them. Am very upset, haven't logged in for a couple of weeks, how long have I not been posted? My maintenance fee is due Aug. 1st so this really brings it down to the wire.

Marty F
Jul 18, 2012

I agree wholeheartedly. Don't know if that's a violation, however, of the Antitrust Act. As a Realtor, it would be -- for us.

Sheree L.
Jul 22, 2012

I listed our timeshare at Sheraton Broadway Plantation in Myrtle Beach for rent on redweek and rented it within a couple of weeks... Also, 2 more people contacted me after that... We used the rental agreement on the redweek site and it worked fine.. When pricing consider the desirability of your timeshare, the week you have to offer, and make your price competitive with other weeks offered.. I looked months ahead to see what my timeshare was going for (rental) and the weeks that were desirable... Since I have a 2 br at Sheraton Broadway Plantation, summertime is a great week to rent. I have a float so I reserved a July week from Sheraton and then listed it for rent on RW. I will say that I have another timeshare at Vistana Resort in Orlando and although the unit there is almost like the SBP unit, there are too many for rent in Orlando so you would not have the same success as in Myrtle Beach so would have to offer it a a much lower price to be successful..

Patricia S.
Jul 28, 2012

Although I've been extremely disappointed in the terribly low prices that any condos or points are getting, I've finally been able to sell both my RCI week and my Wyndham points by advertising through Redweek. I've taken a big loss on both properties but I'm finally free of paying rising maintenance fees forever.

Although I did have a couple of scammers contact me, I believe most of those who contacted me through Redweek were legit buyers. I used Redweek's First American Title for closing, which was easily done online fairly quickly. I started the closing process toward the end of June and I received the closing check yesterday. Hooray!

Donna B.
Aug 02, 2012

I need assistance please. I want to get rid of my time share. I have had it for years, it is paid for and I have used it twice. SO...How do I go about selling it? I will check other posts, but wondering about what the potential costs are, what the costs are for and how soon I can get rid of it.

Thank you. Tiffany

Tiffany T.
Aug 02, 2012

ok...oops...Successful resales- I thought I was posting a general message, but I'll ask you the questions anyway.

You said you lost money. I'm totally ok with that as well, I just want to get rid of it before the maintinance fees are due again in Jan. So, who did you go through to sell? What was the process? What were your out of pocket costs? Did you make any money?

Sorry if I am being nosey, I just want honesty. Tiffany

Tiffany T.
Aug 02, 2012

I was able to give two timeshares back to my home resorts. They took them back with what is called a " deed back ". I called them up and got in contact with the person that handles that process. I explained my circumstances. I was up to date with the maintenance fees and assessments. I just had to pay a nominal fee to process the paperwork and pay the next years taxes. I got no money for them just the relief from future fees. If that doesn't work for you there is this site and others that you can list them for sale. You could list them for almost nothing and offer to pay the closing costs as an incentive. It might be cheaper than paying another year of fees. There are a few charities that might accept them. I also heard from one person that listed the timeshare for sale in a local newspaper where the timeshare was located and it sold very quickly. Sometimes a family member might want to buy one close to where another family member lives.

NEVER pay anyone any money upfront to take the timeshare off your hands. These are scam companies. A lot of them claim that there are no upfront fees but they bait you in and then demand a " fee " before the transaction can go through.

I made a lot of phone calls and tried everything before I finally was able to do the deed back. Don't give up and be proactive and you might free yourself of the obligation eventually.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Aug 02, 2012 09:14 AM

Aug 02, 2012

tiffanyt60 wrote:
ok...oops...Successful resales- I thought I was posting a general message, but I'll ask you the questions anyway.

You said you lost money. I'm totally ok with that as well, I just want to get rid of it before the maintinance fees are due again in Jan. So, who did you go through to sell? What was the process? What were your out of pocket costs? Did you make any money?

Sorry if I am being nosey, I just want honesty. Tiffany

Depending on the supply and demand of your resort and time owned as to whether it has value .... some of the higher end timeshares still have value (ie; Disney, some Marriotts, 4 Seasons, Hyatts, summer ocean/gulf weeks etc), however most timeshares have zero value. As don said, you can try to see if your resort will take a deedback from you, but I have to warn you that the vast majority of resorts do not take deedbacks.

The best thing to do to rid yourself of your timeshare is to give it away. Redweek and www.tugbbs.com both have bargain basement timeshares where many are listed as give a ways. For an extra incentive many owners offer to pay closing costs and this years or next years maintenance fee.

Redweek's Bargain Basement timeshares are here:

http://www.redweek.com/featured/bargain-timeshare-resales

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Aug 02, 2012 10:02 AM

Oct 02, 2012

I am curious to if you ever used timesharepartners.com. I was doing some research and they want me to pay $998 to sell. They have good ratings and I am to a point where I definitely have to sell my Las Vegas Hilton timeshare.

ge33 wrote:
Does anyone know if Timeshare Partners is a scam or a reputable business?

Erika G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.