The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas North

Preconstruction misrepresentation/hate property

Dec 10, 2009

North property owners I purchased 2 units 1 Ocean Front and 1 Island View in 2005 pre construction with the sales staff showing the South models. In 2007 for the first use of the Ocean Front I was very upset to find it was not what I expected at all. First the construction was crappy and that it did not resemble the south,The North with the open hallways reminding me of a cheap apartment complex walking to my unit like a rat in a maze passing all the garbage bags left outside the doorways of the guests room. To arrive and find NO ovens in my estimation with their response as they have convection ovens who the heck can cook in that. I was told to walk down the 5 flight of stairs to the BBQ area to BBQ the food and then to carry it back up, not my idea of a vacation If there is any owner who is also very dissatisfied and would like also like to enquire about filing a lawsuit against Starwood let me know. I'm thinking about it as it is NOT what I was told I purchased. There is much to be discussed, Starwood sales staff will not help resolve any of my concerns the only option is if I wanted to trade my oceanfront north for oceanfront south I have to pay an additional 42,000 not acceptable!!

Stephanie C.
Dec 14, 2010

Hello I purchased a 2-bedroom ocean front lockouit in 2007. I have never used the property. I became fully disable in January 2009 and tried to sell this unit. I was scammed by 4 resellers . I was told by a 5th and 6th that the property was worthless. When I purchased the unit for $80K i was told by the sales agent this was a one time offer and if I came back at a later date the price would increase dramatically. I was also told it was a great investment by the agent He also indicated if I waited and I could find a unit in 2009 when they are complete it would cost $110K. I was told by an Attorney this was fraud. If you had the same experiance please contact me Louis Rousset 512-833-9360 l.rousset@sbcglobal.net

Louis R.
Jan 13, 2014

We had the identical experience that the others spoke about. We purchased ocean-front. What a joke. We called exactly a year in advance at 9AM and had #3 pick in room order. We got a room on the 4th floor with palm trees totally blocking the view and directly above the restaurant with the smells and sounds typical of a busy restaurant. Owners have been totally disrespected by the lies told by the sales staff and the units are not aging nicely. The faucet in the kitchen sink is broken, the bed is lumpy and the furniture has definitely seen better days. I absolutely hate coming to this resort. Starwoods, you should be ashamed of yourselves. We also tried to exchange our Beach-Front unit for one in the south and as the first person said, were asked for a ridiculous amount of money to make the trade.

Jane R.

Last edited by janer37 on Jan 13, 2014 01:43 AM

Mar 18, 2014

I'm really not sure where to go with this, but I have similar dissatisfaction with the property as previously shared- not only the misrepresentation during the initial sale (we too purchased before the property was finished), but the availability of units. Furthermore, I am even more frustrated with the amount our annual maintenance fees have increased. I believe our initial annual fee was approximately $1400, and now it is over $2500. There is no one specific department or person to discuss this with, and every year that I go and attempt to speak with someone in the sales department, they merely blow me off and advise me to spend more money and move my membership to another location. Does anyone know if we have any recourse?

Stephen M.
Mar 19, 2014

This year we actually had pick #3 for our first Saturday arrival and the #1 pick for the second. We were offered the same 4th floor room over the bar/restaurant with palm trees obstructing the view. Ultimately with the #1 pick we had only 1 choice because they have also adopted a practice of allowing owners to remain in the same room week after week despite what their pick # is. They could even have the last pick and would get their elite room. The property is aging badly and remains a terrible investment. The only thing worse than not being able to sell it is to know and remember all of the lies told to us by the Salesman and his management.

Jane R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.