General Discussion

Did you ever wonder what these timeshare liquidators do with the properties that they collect?

Mar 18, 2014

Why would a company pay out over $8,000 for a timeshare when they could buy them off eBay or Redweek for $1? Beware of scams! Remember the sage advice: IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS!!!!

Unfortunately, anyone can open an account and post on these forums and say anything they want to and there's no way the other readers can know if they're LYING or telling the TRUTH! BEWARE!

Tina K.
Mar 19, 2014

There are some "liquidators" or ebay companies that will pay for your timeshares but not for the ones that typically go for $1. Depending on the View the OP probably could have listed his 2 br Maui Westin TS on Redweek and made twice as much as he received. They only pay if they know that it is something that really sells on the resale marked for $10,000+ fairly easily and then they may offer you half. So sure they will take you Ocean Front Platinum Marriott Hilton Head timeshare and pay you something and they will probably take your NYE event week at a Hyatt ski resort, but they won;t take your garden view silver week unless you pay them hundreds or even thousands.

Tracey S.
Apr 15, 2015

Is anyone sold or give away their time share

Joanne S.
Apr 15, 2015

joannes335 wrote:
Is anyone sold or give away their time share

Lots of people have sold and given away their timeshare. They just had to be wise and use proper methods and channels.

Are you trying to sell or give away a timeshare? If so, remember the first and most important rule: Never, ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare. Large, upfront fees are usually scams.

Try advertising on reputable resale websites such as here on RedWeek. Some other good ones are E-Bay, My Resort network, Craigslist, Bid Shares, and Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tug2.net). Make sure you price it realistically and competitively. You might find out that your unit (like the 90% of the units out there) is worth about zero dollars.

Lance C.
Sep 17, 2018

To the lady who said she received a 6000.00 check for her timeshare. Who did you receive this from?

Debra M.
Sep 17, 2018

This is for the lady who said she received your $6,000 check for her timeshare. Who did you receive the check from?

Debra M.
Sep 18, 2018

I was paid by a company called VIN network

Jim H.
Sep 18, 2018

I smell a scam in the workings .

Don P.
Sep 18, 2018

jimh221 wrote:
I was paid by a company called VIN network

Google is your friend in the age of the Internet. Search and see what you come up with for VIN Network. You will very promptly lace up your running shoes and head quickly off in the opposite direction --- as you should.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 20, 2018 05:43 AM

Sep 21, 2018

We have had difficulty with our Marriott Vacation Club timeshare ever since they adopted the points system and acquired Starwood. I understand there is a class action lawsuit and would like to add our name/property to the suit. How to do that, any info?

Carole
Sep 21, 2018

My association with timeshare ownership ended 8 tears ago when I sold it. I described all the events leading up to the sale in the document I provided. There are many responses to my story on this forum that implied that I was dishonest, or worse, that I was perpetrating some kind of scam. I repeat, every statement that I made is true.Whether you choose to believe it or not is up to you, and at this point, I don't really care one way or the other.

Jim H.
Sep 22, 2018

That $1500 you will waste with these scam operators, put toward reducing your debt. They will sucker you in the way you got suckered in in the 1st place, like many of us have. These are phony operations. Trust me. Wyndham has a way to get out of a timeshare, but you need to have it paid off and maintenance fees up to date. But you will only get about 10% of what you originally spent if you are lucky.

Jim H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.