Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

If you've been scammed by Sell My Timeshare Now ....

Nov 27, 2018

It is a joke to say that you are only paying 1/52 of the initial cost of the condo OR the maintenance fee. 1. A condo has resale value. (99.9% of the time) 2. A timeshare does not. (92% of the time.) 3. A condo APPRECIATES in value at 10% per year. (Historically) 4. A Timeshare DEPRECIATES in value as fast as a tuna fish sandwich. 5. If 52 people chipped in to by a CONDO you’d be getting one in SanDiego, not BrAnson, MO for the same price AND you’d be selling it for double your money in 12 yrs (historically) rather than BURNING your money and PAYing a company to f*cking take it from you. IF you like staying in a 2 bd 2 bath with a full kitchen then just go to Craigslist and call the owners. I live in Honolulu and I regularly rent timeshares from owners for under $500 per week for a room that should cost $400 per night.

Jesse S.
Jan 23, 2024

I am from Australia trying to sell my timeshare in Orlando. I wish I have checked this website last year then I wouldn’t have wasted my money. This guy Stanley responded to my email and gave me the site to checked that SMTSN are legit. I did that and they seems to be legit so I signed up and then there’s the problem start. I paid him more to have my maintenance fee reimbursed extra US$1000. I asked him whether I have to pay more and he told me no nothing else to pay accept relax and let them sell my timeshare for it is the right time to sell. He didn’t tell us that the amount of maintenance fee written on the contract is what they will pay us not the current one. Another thing I have to pay a yearly subscription if I want my maintenance fee reimbursed. I email him several times and no reply. I have recorded the conversation when he first talk to us and took our money. I only recorded it so that I can replay them just in case I missed something not to catch him up. I was so tempted to sue him for fraud !!! Anyway seems like I have to kiss my hard earned money goodbye

Sharon L.
Jan 24, 2024

I am truly sorry that you ever got yourself involved at all with SMTN. They have been around for a long time and while nothing they do is actually unlawful, everything they do seems designed primarily to collect money from people (and then more money), not to successfully sell timeshares. Overpriced listings there with overpriced closing costs don’t exactly attract informed buyers either, so I have to believe that SMTN actually sells very few timeshares — but that’s not really their goal in the first place.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 26, 2024 05:51 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.