Timeshare Companies

La Jolla Boutique Mazatlan.

Feb 06, 2010

I visited Mazatlan last December my wife and I attended various timeshare presentations. Mazatlan is a very nice location and of all the places and beaches we visited, the one that stood out the most was called La Jolla Boutique Resort. They have a very nice villa in front of the ocean and they are constructing a tower as well. The location is very close to Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay, in a very exclusive and quiet area of Mazatlan. We didn't purchase a membership with them because we already have a timeshare but I am thinking about coming back this year and probably I´ll get one.

Jhon B.
Feb 07, 2010

jhonb wrote:
I visited Mazatlan last December my wife and I attended various timeshare presentations. Mazatlan is a very nice location and of all the places and beaches we visited, the one that stood out the most was called La Jolla Boutique Resort. They have a very nice villa in front of the ocean and they are constructing a tower as well. The location is very close to Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay, in a very exclusive and quiet area of Mazatlan. We didn't purchase a membership with them because we already have a timeshare but I am thinking about coming back this year and probably I´ll get one.

I would suggest looking for a resale ..... you can save a lot of money but get the same product.

R P.
Jun 17, 2010

jayjay wrote:
jhonb wrote:

I would suggest looking for a resale ..... you can save a lot of money but get the same product.

Peggy J.
Jun 17, 2010

Not sure if you got my previous message as it hasn't appeared. Please check out Trip Advisor discussion re La Jolla Scams and Re: La Jolla. They make promises they do not keep and many many many people have lost a lot of money by believing them and buying. Also just google La Jolla Mazatlan and you will see discussions about the problems people have had with them.

Peggy J.
Mar 21, 2011

I have a timeshare at la Jolla since 2009, at first I was a little disappointed because i had some issues with my contract, but i contact costumer service and they helped me out. Since then everything is working just fine. I'm very happy and every time I go to Mazatlan and stay at La Jolla I enjoy my vacations. You can feel peace, is nice and quite, and the service is great.

Marina C.
Apr 15, 2011

Previous post regarding La Jolla in Mazatlan has been removed.

DD

Last edited by darlened60 on Jul 13, 2011 09:52 AM

Aug 23, 2011

If you get a ts to what the seller told you (investment opportunity) be advised its not true and ts only works for vacationing. Samuel.

Samuel C.
Dec 11, 2011

marinac22 wrote:
I have a timeshare at la Jolla since 2009, at first I was a little disappointed because i had some issues with my contract, but i contact costumer service and they helped me out. Since then everything is working just fine. I'm very happy and every time I go to Mazatlan and stay at La Jolla I enjoy my vacations. You can feel peace, is nice and quite, and the service is great.

To all considering buying from La Jolla: Note the spelling of "costumer" above. This is the typical Mexican misspelling of the word customer, and other wording in this message is the way many Mexicans phrase their English. This may well be written by a Mexican employee of this CROOKED COMPANY. La Jolla promised us the moon and we ate green cheese! When we returned to our room after purchasing (with a Bank of America credit card they had us open) for $12,200 US, we looked up the company and found many complaints against them for their DISHONESTY and refusal to honor their contracts. I won't give contract details (too embarassed at the way they suckered us), but we went the next day to PROFECO, the consumer protection agency for foreigners here. It's downtown near the cathedral--ask anyone around there for directions. You have 5 days to cancel a contract by law--and not a day more! Long story short: after 20 months, repeated lies to Profeco by La Jolla, faked checks, several delaying tactics, many emails between Profeco and us, we finally got our money back! DON'T LET ANYONE TAKE YOU TO LA JOLLA!! They are such cheats that the other timeshares in Mazatlan won't let you tour with them after you've gone to LJ; it leaves too bad a taste in your mouth (green cheese)! BTY, Bank of America was no help AT ALL with fraud on their very own credit. Don't let trip you up! ALSO: Look out for a guy named Trevor, AKA Eric, a tall, heavy, bald, self-proclaimed Canadian ex-airline pilot. He's a very fast talker pushing Viptravelnet, and he was the follow-up salesman at Escondido Towers. He quickly moved away from pushing the Tower(s) to VTN, which some have stated online is a scam. He also works or very recently worked at La Jolla, which makes him suspect in my mind by association.

John M.
Dec 11, 2011

jhonb wrote:

"Jhon", before you write again using a non-Spanish name, be sure you know how to spell it. It's John, NOT Jhon. Why would you use a fake name rather than your own to share an opinion? Hmmm...

John M.
Jan 10, 2012

This year for my annual vacation, my boyfriend and I went to Mazatlan, Mexico. While there, time share people invited us to free breakfasts, drinks, and $300 gift to attend a presentation.

Although we are cautious with our money, La Jolla Mazatlan Resort managed to get $26,000 from us with promises that they would buy the current time share we had + buy from us any unused times at their resort for 3,500/week. Since the promises were too good, I asked lots of questions for which they had – what I thought at the time -- good answers.

Mexico, and particularly La Jolla Boutique Resort in Mazatlan, as I have read, has swindled many Americans and Canadians out of their savings. These people know that the cost to litigate one deal at a time is cost prohibitive for many, so they lie and cheat each one of us independently, and repeatedly, over and over.

The La Jolla people, (their VP of Sales, Alfredo Marq; Sales Manager, Efrain Morales; their counterpart in the USA representing SWAP Global Vacation, Cameron Moretti, and their customer service representatives Alfonso Vasquez and Francisco Kelly) were all fluent in English, two of them were American Citizens familiar with contract law, the banking system, property deeds, and taxes on capital gains – they offer to buy a time share we already had and were so astute in describing the deal, I eat it all up.

After five months of trying to get a hold of them through e-mails and phone calls that have gone unanswered, I have given up on the money, the vacation, everything. I still get mad at times (at me mostly).

When I first came aware of what was happening I did not want to believe it; after it settled in, I went from deeply depressed and mad, to feeling embarrassed and powerless.

I am getting over all these feelings; I know there is nothing I can do to recover the money we lost, but I have the power, and obligation, to alert others of what happened to me, in hopes that they avoid giving their savings to a bunch of La Jolla crooks.

Since I wrote this, I have learned that the sales people (VPs, Managers, Customer Service, and others), change their name and their e-mails regularly to avoid being identified as guilty parties on internet postings.

Because this is a Mexico case, the only way we can get a class action law suit is by advising the people who felt pray to this, to file a complaint with the Attorney General in their home state. If enough complaints are made from different states, this then becomes a Federal Case against La Jolla Mazatlan, and a class action suit is possible. I think writing about everywhere, is a good start.

http://lajollatimesharescam.blogspot.com/

See this blog, these people are fearless.

Time S.

Last edited by times25 on Jan 10, 2012 08:35 AM

Feb 05, 2012

You mentioned Escondido Tower, did you have any dealings with them or did you buy from them?

gloria

Gloria R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.