Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

ideas for selling Bluegreen?

Mar 19, 2018

we have a bluegreen platinum membership. my husband is dealing with many health issues and we are ready to give somebody a deal on our points to travel. please send this information out and let us know if you can help us recover some of our investment.

Joyce M.
Mar 19, 2018

It's almost impossible to recoup anything (more than a couple of hundred) on the investment because many of the perks are stripped upon resale. The new owner doesn't get a platinum membership. They just get points without any benefits beyond the basic membership.

Tracey S.
May 23, 2018

Hi. How do you rent out your timeshare?

Michelle C.
May 23, 2018

michellec1034 wrote:
Hi. How do you rent out your timeshare?

The first and most important rule is to never, ever pay anyone an upfront fee to rent out(or sell) your timeshare. Upfront fees for rentals and sales are scams.

You can advertise on reputable websites such as here on RedWeek. Others are Craigslist, My Resort Network, and Timeshare Users Group. Also, price your rental competitively. Remember, the person renting from you will not really care what you are paying in maintenance fees.

Lance C.
May 24, 2018

michellec1034 wrote:
How do you rent out your timeshare?

You first need to have (or make) a confirmed reservation. You can then advertise that reserved week for rent here on RedWeek or elsewhere. You should utilize a detailed rental contract once you find a tenant, to protect both parties and to clearly address payment, cancellation / refund terms, maximum unit occupancy, minimum age of the tenant signing the contract and / or occupying the unit.

It's never a good idea to rent to college Spring Breakers; I always state a minimum age of 25 for the signatory in my rental contracts, with proof of age by government issued photo i.d. required at check-in, also requiring exact match with the name of the contract signatory (said name having already been provided to the resort by me before the occupancy date). Requiring that "exact match" i.d. eliminates the possibility of Mommy and Daddy signing the contract and paying for the rental, only to have their college age progeny actually show up to occupy the unit. That just ain't ever gonna happen in my timeshare units. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 24, 2018 05:46 AM

Oct 31, 2018

Are you still interested in a purchase? I have 10,000 points and no interest in making a profit. Due to family medical issues I need to let this go. Just let me know if you're interested. Thanks!

Terri H.
Nov 29, 2018

Hey Ben, did you ever get your points sold? If you get this message please reply one way or the other. We are also trying to get rid of our points. Thanks, Jim

Jim T.
Mar 18, 2019

We have had a buyer and Blue Green says we can't sell. What in the world?? We just don't want this timeshare any longer. We never use it. How in the world can we get it sold? We're not even wanting to profit, just want out! HELP

Shawna M.
Mar 18, 2019

Is it paid off? If so Bluegreen can either buy/take it from you at the same price as the buyer (ROFR) or let you sell. Either way you are off the hook.

Tracey S.
Mar 18, 2019

It's been paid off since 2014. They won't let us sell it. If there is a way to get out that anyone knows about, I would love to hear it!

Shawna M.

Last edited by shawnam47 on Mar 18, 2019 02:14 PM

Mar 18, 2019

shawnam47 wrote:
We have had a buyer and Blue Green says we can't sell. What in the world?? We just don't want this timeshare any longer. We never use it. How in the world can we get it sold? We're not even wanting to profit, just want out! HELP

Does Blue Green exercise Right of First Refusal (ROFR)? Are the maintenance fees up to date?

Lance C.
Mar 20, 2019

Maintenance fees are current. So...if we go to do the transaction online, they have to either let us sell it or take it themselves with the right of refusal?

Shawna M.
Mar 20, 2019

shawnam47 wrote:
Maintenance fees are current. So...if we go to do the transaction online, they have to either let us sell it or take it themselves with the right of refusal?

I don't know if doing the transaction online has anything to do with it. However, with ROFR, yes, if Blue Green nixes a sale that you have in place, then Blue Green must buy it from you for the price on which you agreed with the other potential buyer. Either way, someone is buying it from you.

Lance C.
Jun 25, 2019

I lost my husband 4 years ago and not planning on using my Bluegreen much in the future. So I am looking into selling my points and wanting to know what the value is and what or how you can help.

Marie S.
Jun 25, 2019

Marie S.: You can get an idea of what you might be able to ask for your Bluegreen points ownership by viewing what other owners are asking for similar points: Bluegreen Points for Sale

(https://www.redweek.com/timeshare-companies/bluegreen-resorts/points-for-sale)

We currently offer two options for selling your timeshare. You will find more information about these options in our Resources section: Full Service Resale

And our do-it-yourself option: Do-it-yourself Resale

If you would like further assistance, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any page. Thanks!

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Sep 24, 2019

Hi, how does one go about renting? Where do you get started?

Damaris T.
Sep 24, 2019

Damaris: If you are wanting to rent out a week you own, then you can get started on this page: Rent My Timeshare

(https://www.redweek.com/rent-my-timeshare)

If you need further assistance, please go to the Contact Us link at the bottom of any page. Thanks!

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jun 28, 2020

You said you paid the person to take care of everything what did they have to do?

Colleen K.
Aug 08, 2020

Can u sell to an individual

Kristy R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.