General Discussion

Referral Network Marketing, LLC

Feb 26, 2010

Got a call from Referral Network Marketing, LLC yesterday and I've been entertaining them a little (apparently I've got time to waste, eh?). I am concerned that there is little information on them on the Internet, though they are listed in their local state department of corporations (FL) and in DNB (but it's not actually very difficult to get listed in these).

Now, clearly the offer is "too good to be true." They want to sell my Interval International (II) getaways I get through my timeshare membership or whatnot (you all know the mechanics of that, I'm sure), where I buy the II getaway for the special rate and they sell it like 10 times as much. So, with $99 per (according to them, a price I can get by buying in bulk) I can make $1299 or so. So far, I haven't had any indication that I would pay them anything, as the money I would be spending would actually go to II (though I did not ask if they were expecting me to send that money to them and have them send it to II, obviously this isn't going to happen).

Now, one big thing that strikes me as a red flag is that he said he "needed" them for *this* weekend because there are 2 big events going on (one in FL and one in NV)...but any transaction of the $1299+ amount would take more than a day to process by any reputable bank (especially it being Friday afternoon now), hence making the process a technical impossibility.

Their toll free is 866-533-8015, but I can't find a whole lot about them from that either. And there are *no* reviews good *or* bad on them that I can find on the Internet at all.

Well, there's the story so far, and clearly this seems a "too good to be true" situation with a number of red flags and I really don't see myself doing it at this moment but, my real question here, I suppose is: has anyone even heard of these guys?

Joshua H.
Feb 26, 2010

Okay, I got off the phone again with them, and the $99 is actually the "administrative cost" per week (that is, vacation week that I'm selling), presumably in addition to whatever whatever II would be charging me. I don't have my II paperwork with me to find out what the actual weeks would cost me, but I believe it's less than a few hundred each week (mathematically, still a good return, that is).

I was told that http://www.homeandgardenevent.com was the event they are trying to fill (seems plenty of time to process that timeline; I suppose it's possible the other guy meant that they needed them this weekend because of the event coming up and the time it takes to process.). Strangely enough, that domain name is registered to Domains by Proxy, Inc. (domainsbyproxy.com), a company designed to hide the identity of the true owner...the same group that registered both of Referral Network Marketing, LLC's sites (myreferralnetworkmarketing.com and vipreferralnet.com).

Anyways, still hoping maybe someone has heard of this company, Referral Network Marketing, LLC?

Joshua H.
Feb 26, 2010

It's against II's Rules and Regulations to sell their get-a-ways .... if they find someone doing that then they will cancel your membership without notice.

R P.
Feb 26, 2010

This is just another (one of thousands) timeshare scam.

R P.
Jun 07, 2010

This outfit just called me wanting to rent my "unused and about to expire" RCI Getaway weeks I hadn't used. Highly suspicious and likely not kosher with RCI either!

They don't observe the do-not-call lists either. Time to drop a dime on 'em at donotcall.gov.

Bruce Z.
Jul 12, 2010

Yes, they are. I got a call this afternoon from Referral Network and it seems that I have 12 unused "free" weeks with Interval. I was offered the $99 deposit deal so that they could rent the weeks out for $1450 per week, which I would receive in total for each week I deposited. I was just trying to find out some info on the company because it seemed too good to be true! A $1450 return on a $99 deposit. I must have missed something, huh?

Ree H.
Mar 09, 2011

Well what did you find out. Scam or not? Their still at it as I got 2 calls this week.

Myles M.
Mar 09, 2011

Referral Network Marketing is definitely a scam. My husband and I were taken for $990 in July of 2010. They seem to be using the same marketing tactics. After charging our credit card we never heard another word from them. When we call they say that we have until one year from our contract date to rent our property. I'm sure nothing will be done and we will never see our $900.

Glendal C.
Mar 09, 2011

I'd forgotten I even registered here till I got a notice of post updates. Since I posted, I've basically gotten forceful with callers. "Make me an offer of leave me alone." Of course, it really depends on how bored I am. "Oh really, you've got a bunch of people interested in my property? Well, how much do they want to pay me for it?" "Oh, no, you've got to pay us to tell you." "Clearly they're not *that* interested then."

Joshua H.
Jun 10, 2011

Anyone who has had contact with either Referral Network Marketing or VIP Referral Marketing and has lost money, please contact me at:

hilary.bledsoe@cityoforlando.net

I am a Financial Crimes Investigator with the Orlando Police Department and I am actively investigating this company.

Hilary B.
Jun 13, 2011

I am a Detective with the Orlando Police Department's Financial Crimes Unit. I am currently investigating several time share rental/resale fraud groups. If you have been contacted by Refferal Network Marketing, My Referral Network Marketing ot VIP Marketing please contact me either via e-mail or phone

hilary.bledsoe@cityoforlando.net

407-246-3715

Detective Hilary Bledsoe Orlando Police Department

Hilary B.
Jul 16, 2011

On March 6, 2010 I gave the above company $594.00 to rent/sell my timeshare. Can't reach anyone about it.

John C.
Jan 11, 2012

Detective Hilary Bledsoe, Orlando Police Department's, Financial Crimes Unit time share rental/resale fraud groups Referral Network Marketing, My Referral Network Marketing ot VIP Marketing contact hilary.bledsoe@cityoforlando.net 407-246-3715 Hilary thx for posting this...

On 6/17/10 my husband and I were scammed by Referral Network Marketing for 12 unused "free" weeks with RCI. Offered the $99 deposit deal so that they could rent the weeks out for $1450 per week and we have lost $1,188. There goes our savings. I have a good collection attempt trail with certified return signatures, documentation of phone calls with Alexander promising payback, and other failed attempts of resolution.

I went online this afternoon and found interesting information about an apparent "connected threesome in crime" that I will forward to you via your email contact with all the specifics.

VIP Referral Service 5334 Central Florida Pkwy Ste 111, Orlando, FL 32821 Alexander V Suslov 61 years old 5334 Central Florida Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32821 Relatives; Eugenia G Suslov, Katherine A Suslov, Phillip A Suslov

Referral Network Marketing, LLC 5334 Central Florida Pkwy Ste 111, Orlando, FL 32821 Alexander V Suslov 61 years old 5334 Central Florida Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32821 Eugenia Dyrdasulo relationship w/ Alex, Orlando, FL Hugh M Palmer 70 yrs old 1150 Louisiana Ave Suite 5, Winter Park FL 32789 or PO Box 2187N, Winter Park, FL 32790

WHO IS THE KEY INDIVIDUAL HERE? Hugh M Palmer, 1150 Louisiana Ave Suite 5, Winter Park FL 32789 or PO Box 2187N, Winter Park, FL 32790 SCAMMER? An attorney not afraid to conquer new worlds? and a true 3 MUSKETEERS RINGLEADER, however, he doesn’t seem to be robbing from the rich and giving to the poor, but rather he is just ROBBING. Hugh, James and Allen got a real thing going... interesting reading.

All of these business' - SCAMS?????????? , check it out!!! they have way too many things in common. owned by Hugh & his 2 other buddies or, combo thereof same address's as Hugh with disconnected phone#s and websites????

Hillside Sod, Inc. Sanford Boat and Yacht Sales, Inc. The Central Air Store, Inc. Lakehurst Construction, Inc. Sea Dreams Charter of Florida, Inc.

BUYER BEWARE OF THESE NAMES...

Valerie W.
Jan 11, 2012

THEY RIPPED US OFF TOO! here is what I found on the internet so far.

VIP Referral Service 5334 Central Florida Pkwy Ste 111, Orlando, FL 32821 Alexander V Suslov 61 years old 5334 Central Florida Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32821 Relatives; Eugenia G Suslov, Katherine A Suslov, Phillip A Suslov Referral Network Marketing, LLC 5334 Central Florida Pkwy Ste 111, Orlando, FL 32821 Alexander V Suslov 61 years old 5334 Central Florida Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32821 Eugenia Dyrdasulo relationship w/ Alex, Orlando, FL Hugh M Palmer 70 yrs old 1150 Louisiana Ave Suite 5, Winter Park FL 32789 or PO Box 2187N, Winter Park, FL 32790 WHO IS THE KEY INDIVIDUAL HERE? Hugh M Palmer PA PO Box 2187N, Winter Park, FL 32790 Hugh M Palmer, 1150 Louisiana Ave Suite 5, Winter Park FL 32789 or PO Box 2187N, Winter Park, FL 32790 He is a real busy scammer. An attorney not afraid to scam on his own, and a 3 MUSKETEERS RINGLEADER, however, he doesn’t seem to be robbing from the rich and giving to the poor, but rather he is just ROBBING. Hugh, James and Allen… got a real thing going in FL. Alexander just joined in the fun with the two small timeshare entities with his wife under what looks like her maiden name. I’ll bet the financials behind the other names that Hugh M. Palmer holds/runs will show a great deal more interesting reading. Hugh M Palmer Hugh M. Palmer, Palmer & Palmer all in FL etc etc etc… Hillside Sod, Inc. 1150 Louisiana Ave Suite 5, Winter Park FL 32789 Hugh M Palmer, 1150 Louisiana Ave Suite 5, Winter Park FL 32789 or PO Box 2187N, Winter Park, FL 32790 James S Garrison, PO Box 171300 N, Orlando FL 32872 Allen E Smith, PO Box 720220 N, Orlando FL 32872 Sanford Boat and Yacht Sales, Inc. 1150 Louisiana Ave Suite 5, Winter Park FL 32789 Hugh M Palmer, 1150 Louisiana Ave Suite 5, Winter Park FL 32789 or PO Box 2187N, Winter Park, FL 32790 The Central Air Store, Inc. 1150 Louisiana Ave Suite 6A, Winter Park FL 32789 Hugh M Palmer, 1150 Louisiana Ave Suite 5, Winter Park FL 32789 or PO Box 2187N, Winter Park, FL 32790 James S Garrison, PO Box 171300 N, Orlando FL 32872 Allen E Smith, PO Box 720220 N, Orlando FL 32872 Lakehurst Construction, Inc. PO Box 2187, Winter Park, FL 32790 Hugh M Palmer, 1150 Louisiana Ave Suite 5, Winter Park FL 32789 or PO Box 2187N, Winter Park, FL 32790 Sea Dreams Charter of Florida, Inc. PO Box 2187, Winter Park, FL 32790 Hugh M Palmer, 1150 Louisiana Ave Suite 5, Winter Park FL 32789 or PO Box 2187N, Winter Park, FL 32790

Valerie W.
Mar 22, 2012

In August of 2009, after much time on the phone many times, we agreed to pay for "Timeshares Referral Network" to send us requests to sell our "getaways" and make money as well as the opportunity for them to either rent or sell our timeshare. We paid over $1000 (I have the mastercard bills still). They did send us requests but none of them worked (not sure if they were even legitimate). A year later I wanted to contact them to rent our timeshare and was unable to contact them via e-mail, their website or phone (always busy). I still have the original contract. Not sure if this is the same company. Not sure if we could ever get our money back. Thanks so much Carol Hutchinson

Carol H.
Dec 31, 2012

I have read these posts quite some time ago & it has helped me to further my personal investigation. I hope you all read this because "I GOT MY MONEY BACK" after some paperwork & some time. I filed an online complaint at www.800helpfla.com on Oct 7 2011. I received a letter back from the Florida Dept of Agriculture & Consumer Services stating they are sending my complaint to the business & that could take 90 days to hear back. I received a letter back on January 18,2012 stating that the business has chosen not to respond to the complaint & my complaint was unresolved. Then out of the blue I received another letter dated March 12,2012 requesting all documentation I have, correspondence,bank statements etc & I filled out an affidavit which was called "Telemarketing Claim Declaration" & I sent all of this to the Florida Dept of Agriculture & Consumer Services. On Dec 21,2012 I received all of my money back which was $792.00. I hope this information will be helpful to anyone who reads this & I hope you will also get your money back. Karen

Karen K.
Dec 31, 2012

This is a case of filing a complaint with the proper authority. We have been advising everyone who has been ripped off to do that. Eventually when they receive enough complaints they go after the scammers. Florida has been especially aggressive pursuing timeshare fraud. I want to thank Karen for posting the good news. Hopefully it will encourage more victims to file complaints in their home states and the states where the scammers are registered. We need everyone to follow her lead.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Dec 31, 2012 01:08 PM

Apr 17, 2015

Hello I have received a call from Referral Network LLC 1500 Shermer Road, Suite 325 Northbrook, Illinois 60062 contact@referralnetworkllcill.com legaldept@referralnetworkllcill.com www.referralnetworkllcill.com Phone: (224) -326-0520 Fax: (224)-286-7101 They call me from 708-571-3439 They basically have a buyer for my timeshare for ALOT more than I paid for it. Are the for Real?

Nita M.
Apr 17, 2015

Have you read any of the other posts? They are for real but they aren't going to help sell your timeshare. The only thing they will help is themselves to any money you are foolish enough to send them or allow them to authorize on a CC.

Tracey S.
Apr 18, 2015

It's a SCAM !!! All they want is your " upfront money ". They prey upon people who think the offer is " too good to be real ". and it is. It's their way to get money from you. If you are dumb enough to fall for their scam then they put you on the " sucker list " and more scammers will contact you down the road claiming they can recover the money you lost for another " fee ". Ignore them and don't fall for their scam.

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.