Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Looks like Europe has passed a law against upfront fee resale scams ....

Nov 04, 2010

http://www.rdo.org/?option=com_content&task=view&id=62&Itemid=15

In February 2011, a new Directive comes in to force that provides timeshare buyers with additional levels of protection .... the new legislation also covers holiday club and resale contracts and requires that they too provide a cooling off period and THEY MAY NOT TAKE AN UPFRONT FEE.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Nov 04, 2010 09:54 AM

May 28, 2016

Its true that the laws changed to protect us better against these scams. Therefore many clubs also seem to disappear from here (I'm European), so I've heard.. But I guess its still different in Caribbean and in States.. Florida legislation seem to allow still a lot. Am I right?

I'm victim of a club RHC... But its totally different story.

Sari P.

Last edited by sarip2 on May 28, 2016 10:31 AM

May 28, 2016

sarip2 wrote:
Its true that the laws changed to protect us better against these scams....Florida legislation seem to allow still a lot. Am I right?

No, Florida's Attorneys-General have been inundated with complaints from victims for years now. It might seem like FL allows it because it is happening a lot in FL but, unfortunately the authorities just can't seem to catch up with all the perpetrators. Various A-Gs have caught some of these criminals but many are still floating around out there.

Lance C.
May 30, 2016

Like rhc uses Florida legislation, I wonder why when its not US business.Those memberships are sold in many Caribbean countries, but as a matter of fact its not even a real business in those countries either...

Sari P.

Last edited by sarip2 on Jun 15, 2016 02:27 AM

May 30, 2016

I wonder also how to do business in Europe and at the same time avoid all European laws? Case of RHC..

Sari P.

Last edited by sarip2 on Jun 15, 2016 02:21 AM

Feb 12, 2017

Can you recommend an escrow and title transfer company for transferring the deed for a timeshare in Europe?.

Randy R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.