Kaanapali Beach Club

Class Action Lawsuit

Jan 04, 2011

Hi everyone. I too am an owner who bought in mid 2008 and have never once booked a vacation. Due to lies by customer service I just lost 7000 points for 2010. I have spent all day reading forums and websites discussing the scam DRI has pulled. Thousands of owners are unhappy and feel as though they have been scammed yet no one is actually doing anything. So many people talk about filing class action lawsuits but no one is really doing it I think we should start by banning together as Kaanapali Beach Club owners. Lets ban together. Anyone who is interested can email me at classactionagainstdri@hotmail.com.

Stephanie T.
Jan 04, 2011

Hope everyone enjoyed the holidays in lovely Hawaii.

Keith P.

Last edited by kpaul5257 on Jan 29, 2012 01:57 PM

Jan 08, 2011

Don't forget to vote. Mahalo

Keith P.

Last edited by kpaul5257 on Jan 29, 2012 01:55 PM

Oct 18, 2011

We bought a one bed room unit for one week under Diamond Resort Hawai Collection in Jul 2009 in the point system (sorry we did). We called customer service why our 2012 maintence fee has increased to $2434.53 and received a letter from Diamond Resort today stating we have an assessment fee of $1103.70 for Diamond Resort at Poipu for the water Intrusion fee for 2012. A total of $25,356,399 for water intrusion fee for Club owners in 2012. We have never disclose such major defects in Poipu and all the Hawaii Collection Club owners are responsible to the construction and repair of such major restoration. If club owners do not pay the fee, Diamond Resort will issue collection against club owners. This will impact to our credit rating. This is totally unfair to the buyers of non-poipu owners. Why should we pay for the resort maintenance fee for other resorts which we did not purchased. Is this a SCAM? How can we filed this action together as one voice against DRI? Which organization we can file the complaint that would be more effective to stop the DRI action. Club Owners From Calif

Edward L.

Last edited by edwardl69 on Dec 18, 2011 04:43 PM

Oct 18, 2011

Diamond Resorts has set up two meetings in California to talk about the water intrusion issue and the assessments. Wednesday, October 19th in SoCal and Thursday, October 20th in San Francisco.

Keith P.

Last edited by kpaul5257 on Jan 29, 2012 01:56 PM

Dec 10, 2011

I would like to hear the explanation for non disclosure of this water intrusion for anybody who has joined the Hawaii collection in the last 2 years in regards to Diamond Resorts Internationals Knowledge without disclosure to new signups.

I'm sure they have a loop hole to cover it somewhere, but a problem they new about for 3 years and yet they still sold the SCAM. I can not believe anyone signed up knowing the truth about the damages. They would have certainly sugar coated and minimized as to their true impact on the members wallet if they were disclosed at all. Where do you draw the ETHICS line Diamond Resorts? Doesn't ARDA hold it's members to an ETHICS code of conduct. Which Diamond Resorts had to have signed if they are displaying the logo on their website.

I am not saying the legal disclosure is not buried in the mountain of paperwork and would not be surprised if there is a signature of acceptance of some kind of disclosure, but I guarantee you the skullduggery used to get your signature is where the crime is taking place. Once you are in with these CROOKS it is much like the Eagles Hotel California "You can check-out anytime you like, but you can never leave".

World Wide more than 2000 folks are actively seeking a solution to this HUGE Problem perpetrated by DRI and it is only going to get worse unless we stand up to this bully and give him a black eye.

While Diamond Resorts in the UK made the UK members an offer to get out; however it came with a GAG order to never speak derogatory about DRI or TS industry. I wonder why...

A few did take the offer, many countered with the Gag removed they were rejected. Many others stood firm their ground. There was an inflamed email from SJC at first then all responses began going through legal... hmmm short fuse protection is my guess.

Anyway we are all in the same boat Owners/Members/Collections Diamond Resorts has perverted the intent of the contracts and even changed the rules where it suited them. They strong Arm their way on to the resorts Board of Directors and begin to accumulate the foreclosures or swindle owners into Diamond twisted scheme and the irrevocable trust. While they claim they follow the law, I think their books and other documentation will tell a different story.

The Irrevocable trust is a mechanism that makes it easy for DRI to foreclose in the event of a default, they already have the deed the rest is just canceling your account. When DRI must foreclose on a deed there is paperwork and legal filings and time before DRI gets their GREEDY mits on the DEED this means they can not sell it legally anyway... until all legal processes are complete.

These guys need to be stopped from ripping off others. Does anyone know if the sales office is still open at the Point at Poipu/KBC. Has anyone audited the Presentation to make certain it includes this new A$$essment and disclosures? I think this would be a prudent measure by those that are supposed to be regulating these con artist.

There is strength in numbers and we have a number of folks pretty upset at the current state of affairs with Diamond Resorts.

Register if you have not already done so.

www.KBCowners.com www.PoipuPoint.org

Also the UK group has a lot of activity as their current membership is over 1800 folks from all over Europe and Canada/US.

drip.enjin.com

CVO Progress Always

Vacation O.
Dec 18, 2011

I am P#%$*^d and want to be a part of it.

Clayton E.
Dec 18, 2011

I am in the same boat as you and was told when I found out that there had been a lot of info put out on the problem. We know that is not true to us and the kind of BS that has us upset about this Poipu action!

Clayton E.
Dec 18, 2011

I found the e-mail address to be bogus for the class action.

Clayton E.
Jan 18, 2012

Want to be kept appraised of the PoiPu Water intrusion Scam

Richard C.
Jan 19, 2012

This is not a scam. There are hundreds of angry owners of the Hawaiian collection who are involved. www.Poipuowners.com is the correct email address. This is a legitimate group who have a great committee who are working very hard for the owners.

Sheila M.
Jan 20, 2012

THE CORRECT ADDRESS IS www.poipuowners.org NOT .com. JOIN THE FIGHT!

David L.
Jan 20, 2012

A ton of activity has occurred since DRI CEO Stephen J. Cloobeck appeared on CBS Undercover Boss last Sun Jan 15. I think the filing of the class action suit is imminent. COPP is Concerned Owners of Point at Poipu. See facebook page: Point of Poipu Angry Owners https://www.facebook.com/pointatpoipu

B S.

Last edited by bruceb306 on Jan 20, 2012 04:08 PM

Jan 21, 2012

contact Keith: poipupointowner2011@comcast.com

Joann Q.
Jan 21, 2012

joannq4 wrote:
contact Keith: poipupointowner2011@comcast.com
Invalid address.

B S.
Jan 21, 2012

Go to www.poipuowners.org and sign up to receive the latest info.

David L.
Feb 04, 2012

I'm not a deed owner at Point at Poipu or any other resort but am a points owner in the Hawaiian Collection through DRI. I would like to be informed and involved in any litigation that takes place.

Sherry H.
Feb 05, 2012

Register at www.poipuowners.org

B S.

Last edited by bruceb306 on Feb 05, 2012 12:46 AM

Mar 05, 2012

dia has screwed everyone all they do is lie to you. I would like to join any class action lawsuit.

Thomas O.
Apr 10, 2012

Attention Poipu Point owners! Here is the announcement for which we have all been waiting! The lawsuit has been filed! It was filed Friday in Federal District Court in Hawaii. COPP will be mailing out a note with the lawsuit attached. It will also be going up on our website. I think that we will have DRI's attention now! What did Mr. C say? Yes, that's right, there are "10" unhappy customers. We'll see...

David L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.