Jan 18, 2011

TODAY I RECEIVED AN OFFER ON MY REDWEEK.COM MESSAGE BOARD FROM SOMEONE WHO SAID THAT THEY WORKED FOR TIMESHAREBROKERSERVICES.COM AND THAT THEY HAD A HIGH DEMAND FOR THE TYPE OF TIMESHARE THAT I HAD FOR RENT AND WOULD I TAKE A CERTINAMOUNT FOR MY WEEK. I CHECKED TIMESHAREBROKERSERVICES.COM AND IT LOOKS LIKE ALL THEY DO IS RESALE TIMESHARES. HAS ANYONE ELSE EVER USED THESE PEOPLE TO RENT THEIR TIMESHARE? THE GUYS NAME ON THE EMAIL WAS JAMES P BUONAROSA

Jack M.
Jan 20, 2011

Bottom line, if they ask for an upfront fee then they're a scam.

R P.
Jan 20, 2011

Funny - I made the mistake about a year ago, before I knew better, and "listed" my awful timeshare for sale with an online company and paid upfront fees - of course no movement. I had a call yesterday that they, too, had a high demand for my type of timeshare and that I could list it on their rental site and they would still actively try to sell my TS. Which is what brought my here today - to see if this is a valid rental activity or not. Knowing now that I should've never paid an upfront fee, I'm guessing this, too, is sketchy activity. They would "only" charge me $69 to list it on their rental site.

Kate W.
Jan 20, 2011

katew65 wrote:
They would "only" charge me $69 to list it on their rental site.
It would cost you LESS than that to advertise the week YOURSELF right here on RedWeek -- with MUCH greater exposure and MUCH more chance of actual success...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 20, 2011 10:39 AM

Jan 20, 2011

You're absolutely correct. Is there a rent-to-buy option on redweek.com? That, of course, is what they touted is so much more beneficial about their site....

Kate W.
Jan 20, 2011

katew65 wrote:
You're absolutely correct. Is there a rent-to-buy option on redweek.com? That, of course, is what they touted is so much more beneficial about their site....
Well, if very few people ever even see the obscure site in the first place, then "beneficial" is just an empty and meaningless word, no?

On RedWeek, ads must be placed (and paid for) as either rental ads or as resale ads. That said, I suppose that someone placing a rental ad COULD also choose to mention within the descriptive body of the ad content that the week being offered for rent is also available to be purchased outright (...if that's true). I can't say that I've actually seen that before, but I also don't know how or why it might be prohibited.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 20, 2011 11:47 AM

Jan 20, 2011

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUGGESTIONS, I DID SOME CHECKING ON LINE AND THESE PEOPLE SEEM LEGIT, IT IS JUST THAT THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE RENTED MY WEEK AND TWO DAYS AFTER LISTING IT ON REDWEEK I GET THEIR OFFER. NO UP FRONT MONEY AND WAS CONTACTED TODAY TELLING ME THAT THE DEAL WAS DONE AND THEY WOULD BE SENDING ME A CHECK OUT NEXT TUESDAY THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR ADVISE

Jack M.
Jan 20, 2011

jack556 wrote:
I DID SOME CHECKING ON LINE AND THESE PEOPLE SEEM LEGIT.....NO UP FRONT MONEY AND WAS CONTACTED TODAY TELLING ME THAT THE DEAL WAS DONE AND THEY WOULD BE SENDING ME A CHECK OUT NEXT TUESDAY
I don't know what kind of "checking on line" you may have done, but let us know if this alleged check is actually received (and clears). Timeshare Broker Services is / was affiliated with Sell My Timeshare Now (...that's not exactly a positive endorsement, by the way). If you ultimately get only empty promises and meaningless reassurances -- but no actual money --- you certainly won't be the first (...or last).

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 20, 2011 03:46 PM

Jan 21, 2011

THANKS FOR THE ADVISE KEN, I KNOW I WILL NOT RELEASE MY WEEK UNTIL THE CHECK CLEARS

Jack M.
Feb 09, 2011

I was following your experience.... It is 2/9... Did you receive the check and did it clear? They just approached me in the same manner. The gentlemen's name is James Buonarosa....Was he the one you worked with? Thanks, CJ

C j W.
Feb 09, 2011

the check arrived and was deposited, after 10 days i called marriott and informed them of my renting the unit. all in all it went pretty smoth

Jack M.
Feb 09, 2011

jim was the guy i was dealing with, i kept a copy of all emails from him and the ones i sent him also

Jack M.
Feb 10, 2011

Thanks for getting back to me! It sound legitimate.... Where is your timeshare? --CJ

C j W.
Feb 10, 2011

BARONY BEACH AT HILTON HEAD

Jack M.
Feb 20, 2011

Hi, I too own a timeshare through Marriott (MVCI) and have rented it out in the past. I just received an email from James Buonarosa and he claims to have a renter for my Marriott Marbella Beach Resort. $1900. Our asking price. (3B3B May, 2011) After reading your notes, I think I will contact him and see what we have here. Thanks for the feedback! ~LLW

Linda Lloyd W.
Feb 23, 2011

i don't know either as he( JAMES P BUONAROSA) also approached us about our timeshare for sale yesterday. I also received an email today from another company. I like renting my timeshare through Redweek as I have for the last several years so I'm hesitant about not using a legit title escrow company. I am investigating these two whether they are legit. in the past I've always rented to individuals not through a timeshare company.

Donna P.
Feb 23, 2011

Hi, Just my two cents, I have rented mine (no $$, no keys) Also rented from private parties. Website, Pics of unit, etc. Communication is key. Once you have there name and unit # you can call the resort (sometimes) they will tell you if they really exist.

Tony L.
Feb 23, 2011

I recently rented my 2 BD at Westin Kierland Villas in Scottsdale. Kevin was the go to guy and he first offered me less than what I was asking. I said I had the lowest priced unit on Redweek and then he offered what I was asking.

I received a timeshare rental agreement and told him the confirmation # so he could check that I had what he wanted to rent. (The resort only confirms that the reservation exists and the size and the dates.) After I had the money (I like Paypal with the security of credit card payment) I sent him the confirmation with the name change.

He did take the time to explain the company a little. They do advertise and try to make the most money by renting from their inventory. If they don't have something they especially like Redweek because we rent at a reduced price and they can jack up the price and add fees on their end. I don't care about that because I got what I wanted. I have also used Sell My Timeshare and Vacation Homes Only because they made the offers and those rentals went just fine. I would use any of the three again.

I keep a notebook of all of my rental information, who I talk to, how much they pay, copies of checks, or contracts, etc. It is a good reference for referrals and to just jog your memory. Good Luck in renting.

Anne G.
Feb 24, 2011

Thanks for your feedback. We'll see....

Linda Lloyd W.
Feb 24, 2011

Hi,

We've rented Villas through RedWeeks.com in the past and have had GREAT success. I haven't heard back from James, so maybe they have what they want, or still need to secure payment from their client...or... I'll let everyone know the outcome. I appreciate your feedback! LLW

Linda Lloyd W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.