Timeshare Companies

Timeshare Cure

Sep 09, 2011

drk14 wrote:
...please review the forum found under "Getting rid of your timeshare". It has been discussed enough there and hopefully helps people understand the legality of the process.
The above references a separate discussion which is actually found in RedWeek's "General Discussion" forum. Input and questions from actual attorneys appear in that other forum.

In that other forum discussion, I have raised the question regarding whether resorts might well lawfully and successfully challenge the validity of any timeshare deed suddenly changed from an identifiable individual(s) ownership into the name of a "corporation" (regardless of whether or not that corporation is a non-profit). I have also raised the question whether an established closing company would actually willingly conduct a closing in which a new deed "grantee" is only a faceless "corporation".

No accusations or judgements intended --- just some additional important and relevant questions not yet addressed or answered...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 09, 2011 06:15 AM

Oct 17, 2011

Anyone out there ever deal with a company by the name of GroupWise.. This lady is going to call back in a few minutes and I need to know if this is legit.

Thanks, Jones

Cheryl J.
Oct 18, 2011

cherylj139 wrote:
Anyone out there ever deal with a company by the name of GroupWise.. This lady is going to call back in a few minutes and I need to know if this is legit.

Thanks, Jones

What is Group Wise offering you?

Lance C.
Oct 18, 2011

cherylj139 wrote:
Anyone out there ever deal with a company by the name of GroupWise.. This lady is going to call back in a few minutes and I need to know if this is legit. Thanks, Jones

If they ask for any type of large upfront fee then run as fast as you can. Also, the fact that this company cold called you out of the blue should raise a big red flag with you .... beware.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Nov 07, 2011 06:54 AM

Oct 31, 2011

Yes I agree with jayjay in being careful with companies that you do not know. Make sure to research their services and read their customer reviews on BBB or Trustlink. If they do ask for a upfront fee do not do it! I fell for one of those and once I paid they were gone. I never heard from them again.

Victoria L.
Nov 04, 2011

Have you resolved this issue yet? I have an appointment with them tomorrow and now that I have read this and others I am leary!

Jill L.
Nov 04, 2011

Don't keep the appointment These assclowns only care to split you away from your money. Don't even bother talking to them.

Scott M.
Nov 07, 2011

jilll142 wrote:
Have you resolved this issue yet? I have an appointment with them tomorrow and now that I have read this and others I am leary!

Are you talking about Timeshare Cure or Groupwise?

Victoria L.
Nov 18, 2011

Anyone had any dealings with Timeshare Cure?

Wilma L.
Nov 18, 2011

I just talked to a person at Timeshare Cures. Was told about a conference call because I can't go to any of the cities where they are holding their seminars. Didn't make call to them for conference. I've been burned twice by shysters. Don't want to go that way again. Does anyone know if there's TRUSTWORTHY people in this industry??

E B.

Last edited by e94 on Nov 18, 2011 09:11 AM

Nov 18, 2011

Timeshare Cure

Wilma L.
Dec 15, 2011

drk14 wrote:
jayjay wrote:
This is the exact reason why I post here on the Redweek Forums .... to remind people to never ever pay a large upfront fee to any entity that says they'll take your timeshare out of your name and off your hands ..... they're scams .... please read my previous post on this subject.

I agree 100%. However, paying to exit a timeshare is not necessarily a bad thing. If you can't sell it or find a charity that will sell it for you (that's how they convert a timeshare to cash for them), we are the next option. We are a charity that does accept actual title transfer to us. Unfortunately, our only form of cash conversion is to charge a $500 service fee. It is never paid to us until AFTER the deed is recorded into our corporate name. All this is handled by your choice of title or escrow company. We never get anything until the end and you are protected by the escrow company based on real estate law.

What do we do with it? Nothing. We don't sell, rent, or use it for 36 months. At the end we offer it back to the resort if they want it. In the mean time we simply ignore all their interesting and creative letters. We don't have credit to ruin and our philosophy is that resorts know what they are doing to scam people into buying. We simply use the law in reverse on them.

Before people start yelling about unfair and illegal, please review the forum found under "Getting rid of your timeshare". It has been discussed enough there and hopefully helps people understand the legality of the process.

David J.
Dec 15, 2011

Timeshare cure posting its own merits is pretty scummy. Timeshare cure is just another ripoff company. Take your BS elsewhere.

Scott M.
Dec 15, 2011

davidj527 wrote:
drk14 wrote:
jayjay wrote:
This is the exact reason why I post here on the Redweek Forums .... to remind people to never ever pay a large upfront fee to any entity that says they'll take your timeshare out of your name and off your hands ..... they're scams .... please read my previous post on this subject.

I agree 100%. However, paying to exit a timeshare is not necessarily a bad thing. If you can't sell it or find a charity that will sell it for you (that's how they convert a timeshare to cash for them), we are the next option. We are a charity that does accept actual title transfer to us. Unfortunately, our only form of cash conversion is to charge a $500 service fee. It is never paid to us until AFTER the deed is recorded into our corporate name. All this is handled by your choice of title or escrow company. We never get anything until the end and you are protected by the escrow company based on real estate law.

What do we do with it? Nothing. We don't sell, rent, or use it for 36 months. At the end we offer it back to the resort if they want it. In the mean time we simply ignore all their interesting and creative letters. We don't have credit to ruin and our philosophy is that resorts know what they are doing to scam people into buying. We simply use the law in reverse on them.

Before people start yelling about unfair and illegal, please review the forum found under "Getting rid of your timeshare". It has been discussed enough there and hopefully helps people understand the legality of the process.

Another shill for the same type scam company as DRK. You are both bottom feeders in the evolutionary food chain.

Just how did the resort scam intelligent people into buying?They didn't .... the buyers were NOT forced to buy in the first place. More than likely those intelligent people have signed numerous contracts in their lifetime .... they know what signing a contract is all about.

You accuse the resort for something the buyer did of his own free will. But then again, according to you, there's got to be some type of evil force to blame so it might as well be the resort.

If you claim the resort somehow scammed people then what in the world do you think you're doing with your own scam ?????

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Dec 15, 2011 02:35 PM

Dec 16, 2011

ken1193 wrote:
In that other forum discussion, I have raised the question regarding whether resorts might well lawfully and successfully challenge the validity of any timeshare deed suddenly changed from an identifiable individual(s) ownership into the name of a "corporation" (regardless of whether or not that corporation is a non-profit). I have also raised the question whether an established closing company would actually willingly conduct a closing in which a new deed "grantee" is only a faceless "corporation".

No accusations or judgements intended --- just some additional important and relevant questions not yet addressed or answered...

I'm not an attorney, but I have been a commercial real estate broker and am aware of the law so until an attorney weighs in here's an answer from my experience.

The resort has only a limited ability to question a deed if it is intended to avoid an existing debt (not future upcoming bills) or if there was some illegal aspect of the actual title transfer. This is called a cloud on title and what is the primary reason for experienced title companies handling the transaction. Whether an individual, corporation, or any legal form of business holds title can not be challenged unless there is specific restrictions within the previous deed or resort membership documents limiting such transfers. That is rare but does occur where within a previous binding document affecting title it specifically states ownership can be transferred to or block to a specific entity or class of owners (corporation, individuals, etc.). This is one of the things title companies check. It is a form of covenants and restrictions just like homeowner's associations.

As for the legitimacy of the buyer, the title company is most concerned with the title and the sellers legal ability to provide a clear title. The recipient is dictated by the seller. However, title companies routinely transfer titles to faceless corporations. Within the law a corporation is essentially the same as an individual.

It would be nice to have an attorney weigh in on this, but until then I hope this helps.

Dr. K.
Dec 16, 2011

jayjay wrote:
Another shill for the same type scam company as DRK. You are both bottom feeders in the evolutionary food chain.

If you claim the resort somehow scammed people then what in the world do you think you're doing with your own scam ?????

After reading your posts in the other thread "Getting rid of your timeshare" and seeing the same thing here, you're sounding like a broken record - shill, scam - over ad over again. Do you ever bother to check any of the references provided?

Other than spouting off about the evil you never bother to actually check out, why don't you give good sound advise in detail others can actually use? You said you included pictures of the resort and amenities, etc. 1. What other wording did you use to entice buyers? 2. How did you arrive at a sellable price? 3. Has the market changed much since you sold your timeshares? 4. How would you do it in today's market? 5. Other than insinuate people are deadbeats who don't want to pay rising maintenance fees, how can you help them get out of their timeshare if they can't afford it? 6. Is there a charity you know of that can take all timeshares offered to them? How does someone contact them?

People need help. Are you willing to provide your expertise?

Dr. K.
Dec 16, 2011

drk14 wrote:
1. What other wording did you use to entice buyers?

That's a stupid question ..... my wording explained the resort's amenities in great detail along with photos, DUH.

Quote:
2. How did you arrive at a sellable price?

I sold them for what I paid for them on the resale market.

Quote:
3. Has the market changed much since you sold your timeshares?

Yes, the market has changed since I sold all of my timeshares but that still doesn't give you the right to rip people and resort owners off with your scam. And I can assure you the IRS will catch on to your scam eventually then you'll actually have to find a real job to pay that debt IF you're not imprisoned.

Quote:
4. How would you do it in today's market?

I would give them away and pay all closing costs.

Quote:
5. Other than insinuate people are deadbeats who don't want to pay rising maintenance fees, how can you help them get out of their timeshare if they can't afford it?

I would certainly not turn to a scam operation like you run.

Quote:
6. Is there a charity you know of that can take all timeshares offered to them? How does someone contact them?

You're NOT a charity .... you hide behind some sort of bogus scam.

Quote:
People need help. Are you willing to provide your expertise?

I have already given my advice and the MAIN one is do not donate your timeshare to scam like yours.

R P.
Dec 27, 2011

How do I donate my timeshare?

Dorene C.
Dec 27, 2011

Before you donate. Contact your home resort and ask them to take it back through a deed back. I got rid of two timeshares that way this year. I advised them that I was getting rid of them with or without they're help. They both took them back with just a minimal expense. I let them know it was in their best interest to cooporate and take them back then to take a chance that I would transfer them to someone who might not pay the maintenance fees and they might incur expenses for legal fees. It worked in my case and it's the end of the year and I don't have to pay maintenance fees ever again. That was the best xmas present I could ever ask for. I even considered transfering them into someones name who had nothing to lose. Companies that claim to take them for donations and ask for up front money are probably scams. I don't trust them to actually transfer the properties out of your name. You may end up paying them money to find out that still own them and are responsible for all the fees. Good luck and please make the right decission.

Don P.
Dec 28, 2011

donp196 has an excellent suggestion.

Unlike jayjay who continually shows his idiocy and prejudice, there are companies who will take your timeshare and have transfer of title out of your name. Although he hates us, Community Health Training, Inc., an IRS approved charity who does this for a fee, you can do a little research to find out about any company claiming to do that. Simply find out who does their closing. Check out those closing title companies with the Department of Real Estate where they are located to find out if they are licensed and what their standing is. Once you do that, check with them how they do their closings, who gets paid, and when it happens. If the state Department of Real Estate is not sufficient for you to trust, you may have a real conspiracy issue troubling you.

We've challenged jayjay several times to do this simple exercise and he refuses to even try. All he seems capable of doing is spouting ignorance as truth. If a reader here is willing to accept his fantasy as truth without even checking on their own, by all means, follow his suggested method to divest yourself of your timeshare. We ask again for jayjay to do the above and report back to us his specific findings with references that others can check and verify. He won't and he can't.

As for us. we publish on our website two companies who are experienced, well respected, and fully licensed to do timeshare title transfers. In addition, we will work with any other title company chosen by the donor to do the same process.

Scam?? Find out for yourself before you spend any money. The real scam here is jayjay trying to get owners to keep their expensive timeshares and pay their fees forever.

Dr. K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.