Timeshare Companies

Timeshare Cure

Dec 31, 2011

drk14 wrote:
donp196 has an excellent suggestion.

Unlike jayjay who continually shows his idiocy and prejudice, there are companies who will take your timeshare and have transfer of title out of your name. Although he hates us, Community Health Training, Inc., an IRS approved charity who does this for a fee, you can do a little research to find out about any company claiming to do that. Simply find out who does their closing. Check out those closing title companies with the Department of Real Estate where they are located to find out if they are licensed and what their standing is. Once you do that, check with them how they do their closings, who gets paid, and when it happens. If the state Department of Real Estate is not sufficient for you to trust, you may have a real conspiracy issue troubling you.

We've challenged jayjay several times to do this simple exercise and he refuses to even try. All he seems capable of doing is spouting ignorance as truth. If a reader here is willing to accept his fantasy as truth without even checking on their own, by all means, follow his suggested method to divest yourself of your timeshare. We ask again for jayjay to do the above and report back to us his specific findings with references that others can check and verify. He won't and he can't.

As for us. we publish on our website two companies who are experienced, well respected, and fully licensed to do timeshare title transfers. In addition, we will work with any other title company chosen by the donor to do the same process.

Scam?? Find out for yourself before you spend any money. The real scam here is jayjay trying to get owners to keep their expensive timeshares and pay their fees forever.

SCAM

R P.
Dec 31, 2011

Any entity that asks for money up front is a SCAM period !!! Real Estate escrow works for all things, no money to anyone until the sale transaction completes. Anything less than this is suspect. You make the phonies go away when you call them on this. So no matter what charity,entity, business you may be if you don't go through an escrow your wrong !!

Scott M.

Last edited by scottm421 on Dec 31, 2011 01:00 PM

Jan 25, 2012

I heard that I can donate my timeshare. who can I donate it to and how do I do it.

Becky K.
Jan 25, 2012

beckyk58 wrote:
I heard that I can donate my timeshare. who can I donate it to and how do I do it.

There are a couple of charities that take "donations" such as Donate For A Cause or Florida Veterans Assistance.

Keep in mind though that they charge you around $2500 to take over ownership. And even at that, they will only accept "donations" that they feel they can quickly turn around and sell or give away.

A cheaper alternative is to try to give it away yourself. Advertise it here in RedWeek's Bargain Basement. Also, Timeshare Users Group (aka TUG; tugbbs.com) has a Bargain Deals section where, for free, you can advertise that you want to give your timeshare away.

Other things to watch out for when dealing with charities that accept "donations" of timeshares are preferably not to deal with ones that will deliberately default on maintenance fee payments so that the unit goes into foreclosure.

Also, don't be taken in by the possibility of a large tax deduction by donating to a charity because it's an arduos, complicated, risky process.

Lance C.
Jan 25, 2012

Before you try donating your timeshare try calling your home resort and ask them if they will take it back through a deed back. I got rid of two timeshares this way. I advised them that I was going to get rid of them with or without their cooperation. They both agreed to take them back. All I had to pay was the next years taxes and minimal fees for the paperwork. Just make sure you talk to the right person who knows about deed backs.

Don P.
Jan 27, 2012

I'd have to agree with donp196...

Companies don't want to foreclose on you - it's an expensive process, and they have nothing to gain (assuming little to no equity) in the property. Also, you have nothing to lose - they might simply say No.

I have a timeshare I need to get rid of because of a divorce - I'd hand it over to whomever wanted it. No horror story and I wasn't scammed, but as a result of the divorce and job situation, I am seriously close to bankruptcy. Like donp196 says, I'm getting rid of it one way or the other. Hopefully they choose to work with me and make it simpler for both of us. If not, I'll try to sell it for $1 incl closing costs or just let it be part of the bankruptcy.

There is no way in hell I will pay anything up front to ANYONE, nor will I sit through a 45 minute webinar (salespitch). Companies that don't tell you their services and fees in advance, are scams.

John H.
Feb 03, 2012

Unfortunately, the BBB has just accredited Timeshare Cure. Obviously, consumers who have been scammed need to file complaints with them at www.bbb.org/us.

Michelle O.
Feb 08, 2012

I would like more information about how to do this through you.

drk14 wrote:
jayjay wrote:
This is the exact reason why I post here on the Redweek Forums .... to remind people to never ever pay a large upfront fee to any entity that says they'll take your timeshare out of your name and off your hands ..... they're scams .... please read my previous post on this subject.

I agree 100%. However, paying to exit a timeshare is not necessarily a bad thing. If you can't sell it or find a charity that will sell it for you (that's how they convert a timeshare to cash for them), we are the next option. We are a charity that does accept actual title transfer to us. Unfortunately, our only form of cash conversion is to charge a $500 service fee. It is never paid to us until AFTER the deed is recorded into our corporate name. All this is handled by your choice of title or escrow company. We never get anything until the end and you are protected by the escrow company based on real estate law.

What do we do with it? Nothing. We don't sell, rent, or use it for 36 months. At the end we offer it back to the resort if they want it. In the mean time we simply ignore all their interesting and creative letters. We don't have credit to ruin and our philosophy is that resorts know what they are doing to scam people into buying. We simply use the law in reverse on them.

Before people start yelling about unfair and illegal, please review the forum found under "Getting rid of your timeshare". It has been discussed enough there and hopefully helps people understand the legality of the process.

Cathy B.
Feb 09, 2012

cathyb287 wrote:
I would like more information about how to do this through you.

drk14 wrote:
jayjay wrote:
This is the exact reason why I post here on the Redweek Forums .... to remind people to never ever pay a large upfront fee to any entity that says they'll take your timeshare out of your name and off your hands ..... they're scams .... please read my previous post on this subject.

I agree 100%. However, paying to exit a timeshare is not necessarily a bad thing. If you can't sell it or find a charity that will sell it for you (that's how they convert a timeshare to cash for them), we are the next option. We are a charity that does accept actual title transfer to us. Unfortunately, our only form of cash conversion is to charge a $500 service fee. It is never paid to us until AFTER the deed is recorded into our corporate name. All this is handled by your choice of title or escrow company. We never get anything until the end and you are protected by the escrow company based on real estate law.

What do we do with it? Nothing. We don't sell, rent, or use it for 36 months. At the end we offer it back to the resort if they want it. In the mean time we simply ignore all their interesting and creative letters. We don't have credit to ruin and our philosophy is that resorts know what they are doing to scam people into buying. We simply use the law in reverse on them.

Before people start yelling about unfair and illegal, please review the forum found under "Getting rid of your timeshare". It has been discussed enough there and hopefully helps people understand the legality of the process.

DRK states: "What do we do with it? Nothing. We don't sell, rent, or use it for 36 months. At the end we offer it back to the resort if they want it. In the mean time we simply ignore all their interesting and creative letters. We don't have credit to ruin and our philosophy is that resorts know what they are doing to scam people into buying. We simply use the law in reverse on them".

As he says they don't do anything with the timeshares they take but hold onto them for 36 months ignoring all the resort's interesting and creative letters then letting the timeshares go into foreclosure forcing paying owners to take up the slack for the 'scam charity deadbeats' that have no intention of paying fees, however they do have interest in taking your $500.

It would seem you're a shill for DRK since he has been banned from Redweek's forums for advertising his scam.

R P.
Feb 20, 2012

Who is the charitable company we would sell to?

Michael H.
Feb 21, 2012

michaelh875 wrote:
Who is the charitable company we would sell to?

NO charities will buy your timeshare. They may charge you thousands of dollars to take over ownership but will not buy it from you.

Lance C.
Mar 02, 2012

I want to give away my timeshare deed so as to pay no more fees to the resort owners. Any suggestions?

Haven S.
Mar 02, 2012

Join the club. I was successful getting rid of two timeshares this year. I tried selling, donating and giving them away. I finally contacted my home resorts and told them that I was getting rid of them due to my circumstances and asked them to take them back. They both agreed to take them back with quit claim deeds. It was simple and not expensive at all. All I had to do was be current in my fees and assessments and pay the next years property taxes and a minimal fee for the paperwork. I am now free of any future obligations.

Don P.
Mar 02, 2012

Sounds great. But I doubt Diamond Resorts will take back my timeshare deed no matter how bad my financial situation. They've already refused to consider it when I talked with them on the phone. Any suggestions?

I also just finished listing to a Timeshare Cure webinar. They sound like a reliable company: in their contract they will keep any money I pay them in escrow until the deed title is successfully transferred. They also are sending me a list of references with whom I can discuss that company. Any thoughts on this?

Haven S.
Mar 02, 2012

havens wrote:
I also just finished listing to a Timeshare Cure webinar. They sound like a reliable company: in their contract they will keep any money I pay them in escrow until the deed title is successfully transferred. They also are sending me a list of references with whom I can discuss that company. Any thoughts on this?

Did this webinar include an hour-long sermon about how bad it is to own a timeshare and how difficult it is to get rid of?

The best suggestion I can offer is to list it in RedWeek's Bargain Basement or try Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tugbbs.com) Bargain Deals and follow the instructions at the top of that page.

If you're really desperate and committed to getting rid of it, offer the potential new owner the maintenance fees paid for the following year.

Remember, sometimes these take time but don't panic just because you haven't had a taker after only 1 month.

Lance C.
Mar 06, 2012

Wondering what company you have your time share with. We have with Marriott and would love to get rid of it.

Jim D.
Mar 06, 2012

jimd428 wrote:
Wondering what company you have your time share with. We have with Marriott and would love to get rid of it.

Remember not to pay any entity a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare.

If you want "to get rid of it", then list it here in RedWeek's Bargain Basement. Also, Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tugbbs.com) has a Bargain Deals section where you can list your timeshare available for giveaway for free. Just follow the instructions at the top of that forum.

You can also try Bidshares.com or Craigslist which are free. Just watch out for the barrage of spammers and scam attempts.

Lance C.
Mar 31, 2012

is it true that if I don't pay the maintenance fee, Bluegreen will let me go free. I already paid the timeshare off. if not are their other solutions to get rid of it. could attorney help in this situation?

May S.
Mar 31, 2012

does working with a lawyer work to get rid of the timeshare?

May S.
Apr 01, 2012

Try calling them and see if they will take it back. Make sure you get the person who handles that part for them.

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.