Timeshare Companies

Timeshare Cure

Aug 13, 2012

Thanks. :) What if there are no provisions for getting out of a vacation club membership listed in the contract?

Jan M.
Aug 14, 2012

janm250 wrote:
Thanks. :) What if there are no provisions for getting out of a vacation club membership listed in the contract?

Then I would contact the vacation club directly with my question(s). Is there not a membership timeframe in your contract?

R P.
Sep 19, 2012

I received a phone call from this company of course wanting me to immediately sign an agreement to transfer our timeshare. They went from over $4K to $2,895 in less than one minute. I asked how long this process takes 6-9 months. You could transfer the entire state in less time. Some like a scam and I think we will keep our timeshare. Our gov't should shut down these scams including the selling of timeshares. No scam has ever been able to run for so long.

scottm421 wrote:
Warning a new PC (Post Card) company is out there looking to help you unload your timeshare. Its called Timeshare Cure and its just another one of these companies that say give us money and we will take your timeshare. Beware !!! Do not trust these con artists.

Jen B.
Sep 19, 2012

What is the name of this corporation that would accept timeshare? We are not well and would like to just give it away.

Jen B.
Sep 19, 2012

Would you send me the transfer title company names? I certainly would appreciate it.

drk14 wrote:
donp196 has an excellent suggestion.

Unlike jayjay who continually shows his idiocy and prejudice, there are companies who will take your timeshare and have transfer of title out of your name. Although he hates us, Community Health Training, Inc., an IRS approved charity who does this for a fee, you can do a little research to find out about any company claiming to do that. Simply find out who does their closing. Check out those closing title companies with the Department of Real Estate where they are located to find out if they are licensed and what their standing is. Once you do that, check with them how they do their closings, who gets paid, and when it happens. If the state Department of Real Estate is not sufficient for you to trust, you may have a real conspiracy issue troubling you.

We've challenged jayjay several times to do this simple exercise and he refuses to even try. All he seems capable of doing is spouting ignorance as truth. If a reader here is willing to accept his fantasy as truth without even checking on their own, by all means, follow his suggested method to divest yourself of your timeshare. We ask again for jayjay to do the above and report back to us his specific findings with references that others can check and verify. He won't and he can't.

As for us. we publish on our website two companies who are experienced, well respected, and fully licensed to do timeshare title transfers. In addition, we will work with any other title company chosen by the donor to do the same process.

Scam?? Find out for yourself before you spend any money. The real scam here is jayjay trying to get owners to keep their expensive timeshares and pay their fees forever.

Jen B.
Sep 19, 2012

jenb125 wrote:
What is the name of this corporation that would accept timeshare? We are not well and would like to just give it away.

You can advertise it here in RedWeek's Bargain Basement.

But please remember, never ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare. You may be getting a lot of offers via telemarketing or e-mail how certain companies (for a large fee) can magically relieve you of your timeshare burden or sell it for a huge profit.

Those are usually scams.

Lance C.

Last edited by marty8084 on Sep 20, 2012 11:21 PM

Sep 20, 2012

jenb125 wrote:

You have to remember that if you go with one of those Viking Ship scams that supposedly take your timeshare off your hands for a hefty fee .... many of those entities fail to transfer the ownership out of your name so you are still responsible for all fees related to that timeshare AND you're out the hefty fee that you paid the scammers.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Sep 20, 2012 07:35 AM

Oct 19, 2012

Has anyone dealt with or heard anything about Newton Group Transfers? I believe they fall into the Viking Ship category?

jayjay wrote:
jenb125 wrote:

You have to remember that if you go with one of those Viking Ship scams that supposedly take your timeshare off your hands for a hefty fee .... many of those entities fail to transfer the ownership out of your name so you are still responsible for all fees related to that timeshare AND you're out the hefty fee that you paid the scammers.

David J.
Nov 07, 2012

Read what jayjay says - she's correct.

NEVER, EVER pay an upfront fee to ANYONE regarding time-shares. They're ALL SCAMS - you'll NEVER see the money again.

Dave K.
Dec 11, 2012

Timeshare Cure belongs to BBB and has a great rating-who are they paying. They forged a signature on a docusign document and the FBI is now involved.

Kathleen H.
Dec 12, 2012

kathleenh288 wrote:
Timeshare Cure belongs to BBB and has a great rating-who are they paying. They forged a signature on a docusign document and the FBI is now involved.

It doesn't make a bit of difference or not if Timeshare Cure belongs to the BBB .... any business can sign up to do that ..... doesn't mean they're legit.

Kudos to you for going as far as the FBI to catch these scammers .... I wish the FBI and all state attorneys general will put them out of business and in prison.

R P.
Dec 14, 2012

We got a letter inviting us to a "personal" consultation to completely and permanently eliminate our maintenance fees. It was hardly personal. The only reason I responded is because the letter appeared to come from our members association. When I called the number on the letter, I asked if they were part of Starwood Vacation Ownership (the letter lead us to believe they were) and they said yes. I also asked if they were trying to sell us something or get rid of our timeshare which I emphatically told them we were not. They told me that SVO was offering this to a few eligible members (ok, how dumb was I?). But I have nothing in writing to support their lies.

I had 2 conversations with them, and they lied both times.

The only reason we didn't check them out first, is because we didn't have their actual name (at least, the name they're using now). We knew it was a scam right away when we got to the hotel where the program was taking place. First, we NEVER pay for anything in advance. Second, before getting into their sales pitch, we were told the reason time shares aren't selling is that Joe Public can now go on numerous websites and pay anywhere from $100-$200 for a week in a timeshare resort, without having to join a club. I know this to be true, because my parents don't belong to any club and they get a week on the eastern coast, within reasonable driving distance, in a nice condo, for $89/week.

Because they pretended to represent my homeowners association, I fully intend to notify my HA of this scam, although they are probably already aware of it.

All in all it was a scam, a bit fat lie, and a waste of time. I should send them a bill for time lost and fraud. Will also report them to the FBI but not sure how to do that, and not sure it will do any good. So far as I know, they haven't forged anything yet, and we didn't sign anything, not that that matters. Again, will alert SVO. They'll just re-open as a new company and prey on other honest hard working people.

These guys were good. They remembered everyone's name (I'm sure they memorized them first, then put a name to a face). And of course, the speakers had been in the same position 6 years ago (baloney), the main speaker having had 3 timeshare weeks and finally paying $10,000 up front to Timeshare Cure to get out of it and get a "free" membership for the first year.

Next time, if there is one - and I'm sure there will be, we'll call SVO first.

We love our timeshare, but the fees are getting beyond our affordability. Guess we're not alone. Any ideas on how we can band together to stop this nonsense?

Nancy S.
Dec 15, 2012

nancy2502 wrote:
We got a letter inviting us to a "personal" consultation to completely and permanently eliminate our maintenance fees. It was hardly personal. The only reason I responded is because the letter appeared to come from our members association. When I called the number on the letter, I asked if they were part of Starwood Vacation Ownership (the letter lead us to believe they were) and they said yes. I also asked if they were trying to sell us something or get rid of our timeshare which I emphatically told them we were not. They told me that SVO was offering this to a few eligible members (ok, how dumb was I?). But I have nothing in writing to support their lies.

I had 2 conversations with them, and they lied both times.

The only reason we didn't check them out first, is because we didn't have their actual name (at least, the name they're using now). We knew it was a scam right away when we got to the hotel where the program was taking place. First, we NEVER pay for anything in advance. Second, before getting into their sales pitch, we were told the reason time shares aren't selling is that Joe Public can now go on numerous websites and pay anywhere from $100-$200 for a week in a timeshare resort, without having to join a club. I know this to be true, because my parents don't belong to any club and they get a week on the eastern coast, within reasonable driving distance, in a nice condo, for $89/week.

Because they pretended to represent my homeowners association, I fully intend to notify my HA of this scam, although they are probably already aware of it.

All in all it was a scam, a bit fat lie, and a waste of time. I should send them a bill for time lost and fraud. Will also report them to the FBI but not sure how to do that, and not sure it will do any good. So far as I know, they haven't forged anything yet, and we didn't sign anything, not that that matters. Again, will alert SVO. They'll just re-open as a new company and prey on other honest hard working people.

These guys were good. They remembered everyone's name (I'm sure they memorized them first, then put a name to a face). And of course, the speakers had been in the same position 6 years ago (baloney), the main speaker having had 3 timeshare weeks and finally paying $10,000 up front to Timeshare Cure to get out of it and get a "free" membership for the first year.

Next time, if there is one - and I'm sure there will be, we'll call SVO first.

We love our timeshare, but the fees are getting beyond our affordability. Guess we're not alone. Any ideas on how we can band together to stop this nonsense?

These scams are rampant .... the Florida attorney general is cracking down on them in that state but, as you say, the scammers will just close down shop and open under a different name.

The main point is to repeat, repeat, repeat the mantra here on Redweek's forums to never ever pay a large upfront fee to any entity promising to sell your timeshare, rent your timeshare or get rid of your timeshare .... they're all scams.

R P.
Dec 16, 2012

My parents own quite a few timeshares, and use them every year. They had 4 weeks in Hilton Head for which they paid $1000 each annually in maintenance fees. They had been to a few presentations like Timeshare Cure gives and didn't by into it. They wanted to get rid of 2 of the Hilton Head timeshares.

Several months ago, they went to one hosted by Goodbyetimeshare. It was the same principal, and my parents did some research. They ended up paying $4000 and signed over the deeds. When they got the paperwork before signing the deed, the 2 weeks they wanted to keep were listed so they sent it back. A week later they got the paperwork with the 2 weeks they didn't want.

It worked for them, and their logic was in 2 years they would have saved the $4000 in maintenance fees. I still think a lot of them are scams, but it turns out they made out ok. They tried to sell them with no success. But they have no regrets as they got more than their money's worth by using or renting them every year. They live in Delaware so I don't know if the laws are stricter, and all of their timeshares are with Marriott, who they have been very happy with.

I'm not encouraging anyone to pay Goodbyetimeshare or anyone else, just noting that it worked for my parents, and of all of the presentations they went to, this was the least expensive. And they didn't have to join a club (another Timeshare Cure scam).

I'm going to check them out further, but if anyone else has had an experience with them, I'd be interested in hearing about it. There are no postings for them in any of the forums.

Thanks for your reply!

Nancy S.
Dec 16, 2012

You say your parents did some research .... what kind of research since goodbyetimeshare is a brand new entity ..... copyright 2012 .... these type scams pop up everyday on the internet .... I'd venture to guess that the ownership was never transferred out of your parent's name because with many of these type entities some never bother to transfer ownership leaving the original owner still responsible for all future fees involved BUT they have your money.

Also, resorts are catching on to these type scams and are forcing original owners to validate the new buyer's name and other criteria instead of it being transferred to an LLC or a bogus charity.

Hilton Head is a very popular timeshare location .... your parents could have given the HH timeshares away for free and been way ahead of the game financially. Redweek has a Bargain Basement for such.

You come across as a SHILL for the entity you spout.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Dec 16, 2012 09:31 AM

Dec 16, 2012

nancy2502 wrote:
Several months ago, they (her parents) went to one hosted by Goodbyetimeshare. It was the same principal, and my parents did some research.

So, just what was different with goodbyetimeshare since you say it was the same principal as timesharecure.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Dec 16, 2012 09:49 AM

Dec 16, 2012

One more thing, "If you value the week (alone or combined with other non-cash donations) at more than $500, you must file Form 8283 with your tax return, putting IRS on notice that there might be a valuation issue for them to scrutinize."

Dave McClintock, CPA

R P.
Dec 16, 2012

I agree with Jayjay. Nancy2502 sounds like a shill. All of a sudden a new company shows up on the scene and a shill appears in the forums singing their praises. If it sounds too good to be true then it's " too good to be true ". Save your money and sleepless nights worrying if they actually transfered the title out of your name and deal with licensed companies not pop up scammers.

Don P.
Dec 16, 2012

Is this Nancy2502's first post? That certainly would help to know if they are a shill or not.

Charles S.
Dec 17, 2012

charless345 wrote:
Is this Nancy2502's first post? That certainly would help to know if they are a shill or not.

Via searching forums for her screen name I see only one post by Nancy2505 and that's regarding goodbyetimeshare.

In this day and time of rampant scams regarding timeshares I choose to err on the side of caution .... every person that's been contacted by any timeshare entity for whatever reason should do their homework in checking out that entity ..... and don't believe everything you read on the internet as shills (people working for scams) are prolific.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Dec 17, 2012 11:51 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.