Timeshare Companies

Timeshare Cure

Nov 10, 2013

The class action lawsuit against the MC has been ongoing since 2011 .... looks to me like it's dead in the water. Just be glad you don't own there anymore and let it go.

I have one more question ..... did you own a floating week or a fixed week. If you owned a fixed week there is no way the MC could rent that week to the public because you own it. If you had a floating week then you'd need to reserve your week at least a year in advance for such a popular location as NYC.

R P.
Nov 17, 2013

JayJay,

I had a floating week. But it was worse than you think. Even a year in advance was not enough notice. Sometimes they would say, "We can't give you a week, but we have this weekend..." So yes, I am glad I am out. The class action lawsuit should go forward on the merits of the case. I just don't think the individuals organizing it have their act together to the degree they need to. They are taking on a politically-connected developed.

John B.
Nov 18, 2013

johnb2353 wrote:
JayJay,

I had a floating week. But it was worse than you think. Even a year in advance was not enough notice. Sometimes they would say, "We can't give you a week, but we have this weekend..." So yes, I am glad I am out. The class action lawsuit should go forward on the merits of the case. I just don't think the individuals organizing it have their act together to the degree they need to. They are taking on a politically-connected developed.

Going by the above, no wonder your attorney got you out of your MC contract, however there's no way that she could do this across the board with ALL resorts. You had a very good reason = couldn't reserve time even a year out. It would seem the MC is always overbooked probably from renting to the public and that's more than likely why you got out of your contract.

R P.
Nov 18, 2013

Yes, TMC is very bad. Of course, there is secondary market for timeshares and I see them advertised and sold on different web site all the time. So contracts can be transferred, even to the timeshare.

John B.
Apr 25, 2014

To all those poor souls that invested the "huge" fee with Timeshare Cure..............I do feel sorry for you. I was another fool, taken in at a seminar....Dec. 1, 2011 and still have this over my head with more excuses and nasty remarks from this company then I can imagine. It really gives a sick feeling...so think twice if you are considering, and sorry if you were foolish like me. Eileen Ryan

Eileen R.
Apr 25, 2014

Don't feel foolish. The scammers spend countless time and energy honing their skills to get your money. They prey upon the vulnerability of people who are desperate to get out of their financial obligations. Just remember how many intelligent victims were scammed by Bernie Madoff . Those people lost millions and I consider them to be intelligent.

Learn from your experience and don't make the same mistake again. You will probably be contacted by more scammers down the road claiming they can recover the money you lost to the first scammer. It's just another scam to get more money.

Two basic rules are #1... if it sounds too good to be true then it is " too good to be true ". #2.... NEVER pay anyone money upfront to rent or sell your timeshare. Use only licensed people and check their credentials. If they don't have an actual office and use a drop box run like hell.

With the internet at your disposal you can verify the infromation they give you. Use google to search for the actual building they claim to have an office and google their company and research them thoroughly.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Apr 26, 2014 08:01 AM

Apr 15, 2015

timeshare cure with rma is a ripoff went thru 2 years ago paid their fee to transfer and end ownership but still paying maintance fees and still the owner they say they are working onit just a scam

William J.
Apr 15, 2015

was a fixed week in june at kissimee florida

William J.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.