Jun 27, 2016

We also traded our timeshare in with a program through Paradise Village in Puerto Vallarta in April and now the transfer is going through SumDay vacations. They are charging us $2, 063 to transfer for timeshare. They want $725 to transfer it and additional 2 years maintenance fees. We were told when we made the deal that it would only cost us around $800.00. We contacted SumDay Vacations and they told us that Vacation Village at Fantasyworld two, (where our timeshare is through) requires two years maintenance fee's when selling or trading a timeshare. So we then contacted Fantasyworld Two and asked them if they require 2 years of maintenance fees and we were told NO as long as the maintenance fees were paid up to date, that is all that is required. We then called SumDay Vacations back and told them what we were told and she told me some times they do require 2 years and that we still had to pay that additional $1337.44 or cancel it. If we cancel it, we will lose $5000.00. It is a total RIP OFF!!

Krystal S.

Last edited by krystals26 on Jun 27, 2016 08:42 AM

Aug 28, 2016

My wife and I went to a presentation for current timeshare owners by A2Z Vacations. We fell for the boiler room wear 'em down tactics. TERRIBLE MISTAKE! Sumday was awful! Money grubbing, aggressive, threatening they were. And now we've got even more debt on (our) property they never transferred!

Anyone interested in a class action suit?

Warren K.
Aug 28, 2016

Forget the class action law suit. They will just go out of business and open under a new name.

Don P.
Aug 28, 2016

I have bought about 12 timeshares thru Sumday and have been nothing but pleased. Only ones I will work with.

Len B.
Aug 29, 2016

warrenk40 wrote:
My wife and I went to a presentation for current timeshare owners by A2Z Vacations. We fell for the boiler room wear 'em down tactics. TERRIBLE MISTAKE! Sumday was awful! Money grubbing, aggressive, threatening they were. And now we've got even more debt on (our) property they never transferred!

Anyone interested in a class action suit?

I want to clarify something here. You've mentioned 2 separate companies in your complaint.

1) you mention you went to a presentation held by A2Z Vacations and they used boiler room tactics, etc. 2) Then you state Sumday was awful, money grubbing, aggressive,etc.

I take offense to that because we can guarantee you that noone from Sumday Vacations spoke to you at ANY presentation as Sumday is only a title transfer company, we don't conduct presentations, pay salespeople, market by phone sales or any of that. My best guess, You purchased something from A2Z Vacations and wanted out of some current timeshare you own. A2Z doesn't handle those types of transfers so they referred the transfer of your old timeshare to Sumday Vacations. Sumday didn't do any of the things you state in your complaint.

So, if you need any assistance or further explanation of how Sumday Vacations is different than your explanation feel free to contact me. Jeff Brown

Jeff B.
Aug 29, 2016

I spend a great deal of time keeping the forum free from scammers. I am skeptical of any company that posts in the forum. More than not these companies are looking to get your upfront money. That was my initial thought when I first saw Sumday in here. I have watched and so far I have heard nothing but positive feedback on them. I would feel comfortable dealing with them at this point. Like Jeffb says make sure you are talking about the right company. I have never heard of A2Z Vacations and they may be the problem.

Don P.
Mar 24, 2018

Does anyone have CURRENT (2018) feedback regarding purchasing a Southwind Villas resale timeshare in Hilton Head, SC that is managed by Spinnaker Resorts? Input from owners/others that we've seen on this site is older information, and we aren't sure if management has changed or improved since 2011? We traded into their resort this year, and we had no issues with management or the unit at that time.

We have been told that, when purchasing a unit there, they still have the $1,500 escrow maintenance fees in addition to a $125 transfer fee, plus the current year's maintenance fee. Some have explained in their posts that the $1,500 is a protection measure for current owners & to prevent their maintenance fees from increasing..........guess if we were existing owners that might make sense, but it seems steep....or like a penalty...for new buyers.

Does anyone own a timeshare at HHI with Spinnaker management? If so, we'd appreciate getting your input on your experience with them.

Thanks!

Kathy T.
Apr 06, 2018

I looked at their website after someone recommended them but I did not see any listings.

Sandy D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.