Timeshare Companies

Thoughts On Redweek Cofounder working with Scam Artist SellMyTimeshareNow.com

Mar 24, 2011

I was searching around and came across this... http://hospitality-1st.com/PressNews/SellMyTimeshareNOW-032411.html

Redweek co founder John Locher is working with known timeshare resales scam company!

I was curious as sell my timeshare now ripped off a very good friend of mine with the upfront fee scam to the tun of $495. My buddy asked me to find out about sell my timeshare now as I am more internet savvy then he. He also asked if i could find a legitimate place for him to try and sell again.

I read a ton of great articles recommending RedWeek.com so imagine my surprise to read they are now in bed so to speak with a know industry scam artist.

Why would a company like redweek associate themselves with someone with such a bad reputation like sell my timeshare now. I have read horror story after horror story hear and all around the web about them.

I was ready to tell my friend to list here and after reading that I am glad i did not.

Is John Locher still involved with redwwek.com? If he is not I think they should take him off there about page because seeing his name there and reading that article just cost them my buddies business.

I appreciate others thoughts on this...

Tommy

Tommy D.

Last edited by tommyd19 on Mar 24, 2011 09:03 PM

Mar 25, 2011

Evidently he's not affiliated with Redweek any longer:

Thursday, March 24, 2011 Sell My Timeshare NOW and John Locher, Timeshare Industry Expert Author: Jason Tremblay

As if yesterday’s announcement at Sell My Timeshare NOW wasn’t enough excitement, (see: Sell My Timeshare NOW and Prosper.com Partner, Bringing Timeshare Financing to the Resale Market) today we are unrolling more news.

John Locher, RRP of Locher & Associates, and FORMERLY of RedWeek is aligning with Sell My Timeshare NOW, sharing his promotional and strategic online experience.

R P.
Mar 25, 2011

Thank you for addressing your concerns on the RedWeek.com Forums.

I would like to assure you that RedWeek is in no way affiliated with sellmytimesharenow.com, and that John Locher is no longer associated with RedWeek.com.

Regards,

Alisa Stephens Executive Producer RedWeek.com

Alisa S.
Sep 19, 2011

John Locher is a proud co-founder of RedWeek.com serving nearly nine years in an executive role. He is now a consultant for various online travel and timeshare companies working to help with growth initiatives and improve industry practices. John's company Locher & Associates is a very active member of the American Resort Development Association.

John L.
Sep 20, 2011

johnlocher wrote:
John Locher is a proud co-founder of RedWeek.com serving nearly nine years in an executive role. He is now a consultant for various online travel and timeshare companies working to help with growth initiatives and improve industry practices. John's company Locher & Associates is a very active member of the American Resort Development Association.

Mr. Locher, are you not aware that Sell My Timeshare Now is an upfront fee resale company .... in other words they demand a large upfront fee (hundreds) to even list a timeshare on their website.

R P.
Dec 28, 2011

we worked with redweek for months/years and got nowhere...they're all the same. It's a huge racket, obviously

Peter H.
Dec 28, 2011

peterh276 wrote:
we worked with redweek for months/years and got nowhere...they're all the same. It's a huge racket, obviously

Peter,

Are you sure you worked with RedWeek? Our records show that you created your account with us today. I can't find that you have any other previous account with us. Please clarify what company you had problems with.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Dec 28, 2011

listed a unit for sale 3 years ago. It must be clear now that this (timeshare), industry has been invaded by a huge # of scam artists that are apparently untouchable. They are ruining reputations of legitimate operations and preying on older folks who can least afford to be scammed. Red week only produced what turned out to be a bogus offer for our unit mentioned above.

Can't find an honest timeshare resale company

Peter H.
Dec 31, 2011

peterh276 wrote:
listed a unit for sale 3 years ago. It must be clear now that this (timeshare), industry has been invaded by a huge # of scam artists that are apparently untouchable. They are ruining reputations of legitimate operations and preying on older folks who can least afford to be scammed. Red week only produced what turned out to be a bogus offer for our unit mentioned above.

Can't find an honest timeshare resale company

Redweek is merely a timeshare ad site that permits paid members to post their ads here themselves .... Redweek has no way of being involved in any bogus offers .... if the offer was bogus then it came from someone looking at your own written ad.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Dec 31, 2011 09:02 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.