WorldMark Seaside

Perplexed about how to rent

Apr 11, 2011

I don't want to buy a condo but I do want to rent a couple for an August vacation -- 7 adults, 2 children, 1 baby ... need 4 or 5 Bedrooms and adjacent units if possible. Is there a central booking agency for owners?

Len T.
Apr 11, 2011

lent8 wrote:
I don't want to buy a condo but I do want to rent a couple for an August vacation -- 7 adults, 2 children, 1 baby ... need 4 or 5 Bedrooms and adjacent units if possible. Is there a central booking agency for owners?

To rent a timeshare on RedWeek you need to contact the owner directly through their posting page. A paid membership is required ($14.99). For more information please visit our Help or Resources area. Those links can be found toward the top of every page.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Apr 11, 2011

So I have to pay $15 just to make an enquiry? Ya, right......Wouldn't it be smarter to take the first $15 off the owner's rental revenue and give the owners access to way more enquiries? I can't imagine how many people like myself are turned away from the resort because someone wants to make a few bucks up front. Sorry, I like to tip AFTER I get the service, not before. Glad I didn't buy a timeshare at Worldmark now that I know how difficult you make it for owners to rent their units.

Len T.
Apr 12, 2011

RedWeek's business model has always included that the person wanting to contact owners pay a small fee. This means that owners are more likely to have serious renters/buyers contacting them. We also have more information on them to use if there are any problems. We offer a full refund on their membership if they don't secure a transaction in the first 30 days.

Marty F
Apr 13, 2011

Thanks. A full refund makes sense if no deal is made. Too bad that isn't stated up front. I still don't know how to arrange multiple units however. Sounds pretty hit and miss without a central booking site.

Len T.
Apr 13, 2011

lent8 wrote:
Thanks. A full refund makes sense if no deal is made. Too bad that isn't stated up front. I still don't know how to arrange multiple units however. Sounds pretty hit and miss without a central booking site.

We do include on our FAQ page about the membership refund. http://www.redweek.com/resources/faq#topfaq05.

We are completely user run website where the owners add their postings and those interest contact the owners directly. The transaction is then between the owner and buyer/renter. By being a do it yourself website we can keep our prices low.

More information can be found in our Help or Resources area.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.