Timeshare Companies

True Valid

Jun 29, 2011

barbarao12 wrote:
The next day I was contacted by TV to say the payment had been refused. When I told them we had had a change of mind I was given the third degree. We then went on holiday, on our return we were again contacted by TV and when I said we still did not want to sell the "lady" on the other end of the line said, "Well then just keep your week" and slammed the phone down.

Well, you have to understand these people are crooks (criminals) and most criminals have no scruples. You should have hung up on the TV rep when she started her 'third degree' rant to you.

R P.
Jun 29, 2011

I see so many posts on here giving advice and telling the "victim" what they should have done at the time.

Don't the people giving this sort of advice know or understand that these people are experts in the field of scamming and come over extremely convincing.

It is not a case of the victim being stupid or foolish it is more a case of the victim being taken in by the crooks and that is no fault of the victim.

People who come in here with the judgemental attitude telling victims what they should have done are not being helpful at all and are not in keeping with the forum intention which is to help victims and prevent even more victims in the future.

I value the post from Barbara12 as it warns other potential victims what to expect but I think the reply to Barbara is not helpful.

Brian C.
Jun 30, 2011

brianc498 wrote:
I see so many posts on here giving advice and telling the "victim" what they should have done at the time.

Don't the people giving this sort of advice know or understand that these people are experts in the field of scamming and come over extremely convincing.

It is not a case of the victim being stupid or foolish it is more a case of the victim being taken in by the crooks and that is no fault of the victim.

People who come in here with the judgemental attitude telling victims what they should have done are not being helpful at all and are not in keeping with the forum intention which is to help victims and prevent even more victims in the future.

I value the post from Barbara12 as it warns other potential victims what to expect but I think the reply to Barbara is not helpful.

I don't know what your problem is with my reply to Barbara unless you work for the scam company that she described.

My reply to Barbara was that she did not have to stand there and listen to a criminal giving her the 'third degree'. I would have hung up in a NY minute .... I stand by my previous post .... I was not admonishing her, I was trying to advise her so that she wouldn't waste her valuable time on such parasites in the future.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jun 30, 2011 08:13 AM

Jun 30, 2011

brianc498 wrote:
22 June 2011

I am pleased to say I have had a full refund of the money I paid to True Valid (£870) but I am still convinced this is a scam.

I suspect the reason for the return was that I have a title which is on my letter head and they could see that I am not some small fish to fry so backed off but that is only my opinion.

You seem to think that everyone else that doesn't have a title on their letterhead is somehow a small fish but your letterhead title proves you are not a small fish and that's why you (allegedly) got a refund ..... sheesh !

R P.
Jul 01, 2011

I see True Valid are still using a website which I find strange.

http://www.truevalid.com/about.html

I can not understand why it has not been closed down by the authorities.

If this company is in fact a scam, and all indications are showing they are, then why are the authorities so slow in closing down this site to avoid unsuspecting victims falling for the scam.

Brian C.
Jul 01, 2011

brianc498 wrote:
I see True Valid are still using a website which I find strange.

http://www.truevalid.com/about.html

I can not understand why it has not been closed down by the authorities.

If this company is in fact a scam, and all indications are showing they are, then why are the authorities so slow in closing down this site to avoid unsuspecting victims falling for the scam.

Anybody can build a website .... that doesn't mean it's legitimate, many aren't. The only way these scammers will be shut down is via the law (attorney general in the state the scammers are located in the USA) and the only way to do that is to file a complaint .... in most cases you can do that online. I don't know who you would contact in the UK .... you'd have to research that yourself.

R P.
Jul 11, 2011

follow up call re my timeshare which was due to complete week of 19th guess what ! completion dept saying new offer now £700 more than the orginal price load of crap. they want £1200 I said NO way was i parting with more money and want my money back not happy to wait another 4-

6 weeks woman said have to go back to marketing dept hope TO CONTACT TOMORROW. tHIS IS A COMPLETE NIGHTMARE !!!! HAS ANYONE sold and got there money from TV FOR THEIR TIMESHARE I'M seriously thinking Ive been well and truely had

Lynn D.
Jul 26, 2011

it would appear True Valid are no longer as since being contacted by them and they wanting another shed load of money for YET another purchaser, and after already duping me out of 750 have not been able to contact them, their number engaged constantly for nearly 3weeks since I refusing to pay any more money and requesting my refundable security bond. hAVE SPOKEN TO NORWICH TRADING STANDARDS I stupidly paid by debit card 750 in good faith as all seemed ok they were very convincing I am now trying to reclaim this money through my bank on the charge back scheme not sure how successful I will be not holding my breath but there may be a chance. feel very stupid for being so gullible and still trying to sort out my finances who else is in same position ? Hard lesson learnt just hope they needed the money more than me.

Lynn D.
Aug 04, 2011

I was conned by True Valid who said they had a buyer of my membership in Incentive Leisure/DWVC and I paid "into an escrow acct" as deposit using my credit card. I was then asked for £2000 to cover legal fees. By then I had done more research and reported them to "Action Fraud" and my credit card company have since retrieved my deposit. Since then I have been contacted by 3 other companies claiming they have a buyer for my DWVC membership. I now find DWVC is being sued in the High Court by the OFT and my membership is worthless. New people are contacting me to represent me to recover money I paid for my membership. BEWARE! Before taking any action on this, do not part with any money. Instead contact www.timeshare.org.uk and then telephone them to get their free advice.

Gordon M.
Aug 11, 2011

I have found this site too late as I have been a victim of True Valid. They called and told me they had a buyer for my holiday membership. They said the offer was £8,600 and I needed to pay for a returnable insurance of £860. I agreed and gave my bank details, after speaking to my husband I phoned Halifax and tried to cancel the payment having second thoughts. Halifax were not helpful and said they could not stop the payment so the money went out. TV asked me to sign the paperwork once they received the money, I did this and sent it off. They then rang again saying the purchase had fallen through but they had another purchaser and I need to pay £1400 so this can go through, we said no and didn't hear from them for a while and the £860 was not returned. Then I had another call with another offer, she said I need to transfer £400 immediately to Spain and the full £8600 + £860 will be in my account by the end of the day. I fell for this and of course I have not had this payment. I can't beleived I fell for this and built my hopes up twice and can't see me getting a penny back. How are these people getting away with this?

Tracey T.
Aug 25, 2011

True Valid are unfortunately still in operation- they've been hounding my dad for months! Luckily he has refused to give them any money because it sounded so suspicious. My dad asked them why they couldn't take the money out of the amount the membership would sell for and they told him that "wasn't the way the do business"! Now that he's refusing to give any money they have become rather aggressive, which has only served to confirm that they are scammers. It just makes me so angry that they are getting away with this. My dad is quite a naive person and I'm appalled at the way they have treated him.

Amy S.
Aug 27, 2011

Has anyone dealt with True Valid, I have and we sent a whole lot of money , I am now informed that their company is in liquidation and we have lost £'s. Do not deal with them, I have names of females who said they worked in their Legal Department and seemed nice and so helpful, but this is a scam. Dont part with any money to these people.

Shirley L.
Aug 27, 2011

I have an e-mail address for 3 females who are supposedly working for this company and who I have been in contact with Gwen Davis and Jane who I believe work in the legal department, another female called Kate Martin who spoke to me regarding sending money over, they sounded so trustworthy and helpful, please do not be taken in, we have lost so much, it is sickening. They are very convincing, and now I know I am totally gullible. If there is anyone out there who can advise how to get my money back I will take advice. But NO SCAM please. Now I cannot seem to get in touch with them and no response to my e-mails.

Shirley L.
Aug 27, 2011

Can anyone advise me how to get my money back?

Shirley L.
Aug 27, 2011

Yes you have been truly fooled, like we have we also have lost money and cannot contact these people they will not respond to our e-mails, where in the first instance, they were contacting us by e-mail, now they have our money, we are in limbo.

Shirley L.
Aug 27, 2011

We are in the same position, yes their telephone no has been engaged for months now, they are not responding to our e-mails, we also paid by debit card, which they requested. I wish I saw thie wedsite before we paid all this money out. Warning us that this company was a scal

Shirley L.
Aug 27, 2011

You are not the only one, we also have been conned out of nearly £2500, and we have given up, and cut our losses and treated this money as a "dead loss". I think we have learnt our lesson.

Shirley L.
Aug 27, 2011

We were offered £9600 and ofcourse we were so pleased that we could get some money back but not like you, we were fools and paid the extra £1400. But now there is no contact.

Shirley L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.