Timeshare Companies

vacation international

Jul 15, 2011

Unless your credit card was an Amex, you will be out of luck! They (scam) will respond to your cc company and provide them with your authorization. The cc company will not have your back and can care less that you have been scammed. I got taken for $2142 and fought with phone records etc. Nd the cc company told me next time not to give out my cc #. And to move on!

Michelle
Jul 16, 2011

arlene174 wrote:
I just got duped for thousands of dollars. Talk about being stupid. I just wanted to get rid of my timeshare. My money was to be wired into my account today. Checked. Guess what no money. I called all the numbers list for vacation International and Alliance Title Serivces and all the phone numbers have been cancelled. NOW WHAT????

About the only thing you can do now is to file a complaint with the attorney general in the state the scammers are located .... in most cases you can do this online.

R P.
Jul 19, 2011

I too just realized that I was scammed! I am out $6200.00 and had a gut feeling that this was just to good to be true that someone was offering to buy my time share in this economy. But it's just not right that this is happening to soo many people......now the process of filing a complaint.

Paul V.
Jul 19, 2011

If you are contacted by vacations international and alliance title service you must hang up and run away!!!!!

Steve A.
Jul 20, 2011

Don't have anything to do with anyone that calls you up about anything to do with a timeshare. Also, beware of going on timeshare presentations in Mexico or US. Read up on the place before you ever go. You can get scammed that way also. I was showed around a resort that I thought was legit, and come to find out afterwards that these scammers was using someone else's property to show, to sell their scam. They took $28K of my money. $6K would make me sick. Imagine losing $28K????

Tiana H.
Jul 20, 2011

I have posted a report with every site I can find about these scam artists vacations international and alliance title services who are scamming dozens of people with the proposal of money in escrow for the purchase of your timeshare.

Steve A.
Jul 22, 2011

I was reading about the scam of Vacation International, regarding the purchase of our timeshare at Playa del Sol Resort at Puerto Vallarta. They called us on June, of 2011offering us $33,000.00 Dlls. And sent a proposal. I told them that it was too good to be true. Till this time we are unable to contact them because the phone numbers has been canceled. There should be a law that would make more harder for this type of companies to open their business and then suddenly close them.

Elizabeth U.
Jul 22, 2011

elizabethu7 wrote:
I was reading about the scam of Vacation International, regarding the purchase of our timeshare at Playa del Sol Resort at Puerto Vallarta. They called us on June, of 2011offering us $33,000.00 Dlls. And sent a proposal. I told them that it was too good to be true. Till this time we are unable to contact them because the phone numbers has been canceled. There should be a law that would make more harder for this type of companies to open their business and then suddenly close them.

You should be glad they closed down as everything they told you is a lie .... they are scammers.

R P.
Jul 27, 2011

response received from rip off report site

#1 Consumer Comment No link to Eugene Oregon AUTHOR: Steve Williams - Eugene (United States of America)

SUBMITTED: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 I work for the police department here and have fielded a number of complaints about Alliance Title Service, 497 Oakway Rd, suite 360, Eugene OR 97401, in regards to Vacation International in Grand Rapids, Michigan. This is a Nigerian-style fraud scam targeted at people who own time share properties at a specific resort in Mexico, probably due to a customer data breach with that resort. The purpose is to make the victims believe the contact is legitimate and get them to wire money to a bank in Mexico. There is no Alliance Title Service company in the state of Oregon and the Eugene address is fictitious, it does not exist! The websites www.alliancetitleservice.com and www.vacationmanagementinternational.com do not exist. The names, company information and documents given to the victims are all false. Even the phone numbers probably do not really correspond with the locations where these people say they are, as anyone can purchase a phone number from an area code where they don't exist. The people victims speak to on the phone can be anywhere in the world, and may even be work-at-home scam victims themselves. Report these to www.ic3.gov, the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center. It doesn't do any good to contact my department to file a report, as there is no Eugene link. Thanks.

Steve A.
Jul 27, 2011

#1 Consumer Comment No link to Eugene Oregon AUTHOR: Steve Williams - Eugene (United States of America)

SUBMITTED: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 I work for the police department here and have fielded a number of complaints about Alliance Title Service, 497 Oakway Rd, suite 360, Eugene OR 97401, in regards to Vacation International in Grand Rapids, Michigan. This is a Nigerian-style fraud scam targeted at people who own time share properties at a specific resort in Mexico, probably due to a customer data breach with that resort. The purpose is to make the victims believe the contact is legitimate and get them to wire money to a bank in Mexico. There is no Alliance Title Service company in the state of Oregon and the Eugene address is fictitious, it does not exist! The websites www.alliancetitleservice.com and www.vacationmanagementinternational.com do not exist. The names, company information and documents given to the victims are all false. Even the phone numbers probably do not really correspond with the locations where these people say they are, as anyone can purchase a phone number from an area code where they don't exist. The people victims speak to on the phone can be anywhere in the world, and may even be work-at-home scam victims themselves. Report these to www.ic3.gov, the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center. It doesn't do any good to contact my department to file a report, as there is no Eugene link. Thanks.

Steve A.
Jul 27, 2011

I wonder if this company is at it again cause I got a call from a place called" the closing company" a title transfer company contacted me to say someone had put a deposit down on my sandos timeshare --i was busy and took the number but have no intention of calling them back.

Cathy N.
Jul 27, 2011

cathyn62 wrote:
I wonder if this company is at it again cause I got a call from a place called" the closing company" a title transfer company contacted me to say someone had put a deposit down on my sandos timeshare --i was busy and took the number but have no intention of calling them back.

Did you even have your timeshare actively listed for sale? If not, how could somebody put a deposit down on it?

This is just one of the latest from these scam artists where they tell owners that someone has just put a 10% deposit down on a timeshare but that you, the owner, need to put money into escrow in order to secure the sale.

Well, let me assure you that the "escrow" holder will be the scam artist and that the escrow holder will (surprise, surprise) rule that the scam artist gets the money.

Lance C.
Jul 28, 2011

Another company called me yesterday. I forgot what the name was, but they went through the same scenario as "Vacation International" on the phone, except they were calling about another timeshare I own now. Actually the one that doesn't exist. I told him that place doesn't even exist, and I was scammed out of a lot of money by them last year. I told him I had been warned of people like him that call, and told him not to call me again. I hung up on him.

Tiana H.
Jul 29, 2011

tiana4 wrote:
Another company called me yesterday. I forgot what the name was, but they went through the same scenario as "Vacation International" on the phone, except they were calling about another timeshare I own now. Actually the one that doesn't exist. I told him that place doesn't even exist, and I was scammed out of a lot of money by them last year. I told him I had been warned of people like him that call, and told him not to call me again. I hung up on him.

Tiana, you really need to get in touch with Profeco (Comsumer Advocacy Agency in Mexico) with details of your socalled ghost transaction .... they may be able to help you. BTW, this is the first time that I have read of a scam such as this .... did you not feel any red flags going up during the presentation and the closing?

You can 'search forums' for contact info for Profeco.

R P.
Jul 29, 2011

I did contact Profeco October 2010. I've heard back from them twice. It took them 6 months before they even contacted me after I filed my claim with them.

I just couldn't believe someone actually had my name and that I owned that property, if it doesn't even exist. How bizarre!!!

Tiana H.
Jul 30, 2011

tiana4 wrote:
I did contact Profeco October 2010. I've heard back from them twice. It took them 6 months before they even contacted me after I filed my claim with them.

I just couldn't believe someone actually had my name and that I owned that property, if it doesn't even exist. How bizarre!!!

I'm sure Profeco is inundated with Mexcian timeshare complaints ... at least they eventually contacted you. What did they say and could they help you?

R P.
Jul 31, 2011

michellek224 wrote:
hi there, i am the orginator of this dialogue...and i am glad i did! i asked them that same question.. "how did you get my info"??? They calmly answered," Have you advertised your timeshare in the pass"? and of course at one time or another we all did.. But i think they have access to some type of owners list. I bought mine on the resale market(playa del sol) for $50. The original owner bought from the developer for $15,000 in 2006. Sooo the list they have is current. Not sure if this is "public record" like real estate is. Maybe someone in Playa del Sol is getting a kick back... they knew too many details including my contact # that was given to the title company when it was transfered to me....

They get your name from everywhere..Everyone's out to make a buck. The lists are very valuable to these companies. You will find people selling them on Craigs list and here's a link to timeshare owners list for sale, just one of many. Check it out! They have computer programs that will tell them what kinds of holidays you go on, how old you are, and how much money you have etc..

http://www.americanprofiles.com/mailinglists/timeshareownerslists.htm

Debbie S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.