Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Coastal Timeshare Creations

Jun 15, 2011

I would like feedback from anyone who has experience with buying or selling a timeshare through Coastal Timeshare Creations in Hilton Head or through Timeshared, Inc. in Bluffton, SC. (www.timesharedvacations.com). These companies work together.

Panthea C.
Feb 20, 2012

pantheac wrote:
I would like feedback from anyone who has experience with buying or selling a timeshare through Coastal Timeshare Creations in Hilton Head or through Timeshared, Inc. in Bluffton, SC. (www.timesharedvacations.com). These companies work together.
I bought points based resale from them in November 2011. They tell you upfront that they have A- rating with BBB, but dont tell you that you end up dealing with a company named Sumday Vacations which is not BBB acreditted and has C rating with many complaints against them. They also tell you there is no recission period on resales. I dont know why resales would be exempt from South Carolina laws. If you do please inform me. My recommendation is to stay away from them. I have filed a complaint with BBB myself dont know how things will turn out, hopeing for the best.

Charles G.
Dec 23, 2012

We purchased a "preowned" timeshare last spring with the promise that they would sell our existing timeshare and we were led to believe that they would sell it in aproximately 90 days. Well, it has been over 9 months now and still no sale. We try to call the person who is selling it and she never answers the phone, and seldom returns calls. DON"T DO IT!! I would love to get out of mine but probably can't.

Julie F.
Feb 12, 2013

resolved

Nick D.

Last edited by nickd97 on Apr 29, 2013 06:05 AM

Feb 13, 2013

julief233 wrote:
We purchased a "preowned" timeshare last spring with the promise that they would sell our existing timeshare and we were led to believe that they would sell it in aproximately 90 days. Well, it has been over 9 months now and still no sale. We try to call the person who is selling it and she never answers the phone, and seldom returns calls. DON"T DO IT!! I would love to get out of mine but probably can't.

I would never condone doing business with an outfit like the above .... never answers the phone.

Also, if you are desperate to rid yourself of your timeshare (that they couldn't sell) you can list it in Redweek's Bargain Basement offering to pay closing cost and 2013 maintenance fees ..... or you can just keep it and learn to use it, rent it or exchange it.

R P.
Feb 16, 2013

resolved

Nick D.

Last edited by nickd97 on Apr 29, 2013 06:05 AM

Feb 16, 2013

nickd97 wrote:
I wonder if we can find a sufficient number of clients who were mislead by Coastal and Timeshared to bring a joint action against them. I have just submitted a complaint to the BBB and am also exploring what other legal recourse may be available. Has anyone had luck recovering from such misrepresentations?

About the only thing you can presently do is file a complaint with the attorney general in the state Coastal is located (you can do this online) and just hope they'll investigate them ..... trying to file a class action lawsuit would be more trouble and cost than it would be worth in the long run.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Feb 16, 2013 09:29 AM

Feb 16, 2013

resolved

Nick D.

Last edited by nickd97 on Apr 29, 2013 06:06 AM

Feb 16, 2013

There is more you can do. Contact the South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation in Columbia with your complaints. Also, join Timeshare Users Group (free unless you want to advertise) and do a search for this company. Send me a private message there

Panthea C.
Feb 17, 2013

I bought a resale from Coastal and traded in a timeshare. The trade never happeded so now I am responsible for two timeshare maintenance fee's. I tried the reciession option, but Coastal ignored my request. I then filed a complaint with South Carolina B.B.B. and with the Attorney General with very poor results from either. Coastal threatened me with legal action, so I finaly gave in. I guess I could have hired an attorney, but I would pay more in legal fee's than I paid for the timeshare.

Charles G.
Feb 17, 2013

charles571 wrote:
I bought a resale from Coastal and traded in a timeshare. The trade never happeded so now I am responsible for two timeshare maintenance fee's. I tried the reciession option, but Coastal ignored my request. I then filed a complaint with South Carolina B.B.B. and with the Attorney General with very poor results from either. Coastal threatened me with legal action, so I finaly gave in. I guess I could have hired an attorney, but I would pay more in legal fee's than I paid for the timeshare.

Keep filing your complaint (you can just copy and paste what you posted above) with the SC attorney general until you receive a reply .... file every week if you have to .... Coastal definitely scammed you.

One question, how could Coastal have threatened you with legal action when they were the one's that scammed you?

R P.
Feb 18, 2013

The contract stated that if I didn't fullfil my obligations that I would be held liable. A few weeks after signing the contract I get a letter wanting more money to cover the transfer fee on the resort I traded in. This was never disclosed to me (verbaly). I confronted Coastal about this and they refused to remove the transfer fee. I disputed the credit card charge with my card company for the amount I paid for the resale resort, but they told me they couldn't remove the charge because it was a contractual agreement. Anyway, after many heated conversation with Coastal I just gave in and paid them. It would take me at least and hour or so to give complete details of my experience with them, so I will just say that they did not disclose all infomation to me therefore I could not make a informed deciesion.

jayjay wrote:
charles571 wrote:

Keep filing your complaint (you can just copy and paste what you posted above) with the SC attorney general until you receive a reply .... file every week if you have to .... Coastal definitely scammed you.

One question, how could Coastal have threatened you with legal action when they were the one's that scammed you?

Charles G.
Feb 18, 2013

resolved

Nick D.

Last edited by nickd97 on Apr 29, 2013 06:07 AM

Feb 18, 2013

resolved

Nick D.

Last edited by nickd97 on Apr 29, 2013 06:08 AM

Feb 18, 2013

nickd97 wrote:
Thanks for the advice. I looked at the Timeshare User Group and it appears that there is charge to join. It's minimal but I wanted to ask your opinion as to the benefit of joining.

Yes, the cost is only $15/yr. and that will allow you to place up to 25 ads in the Marketplace (it might actually unlimited ads, you should check).

Also, the administrators there are pretty diligent at keeping the spammers and scam artists out of there.

Lance C.
Feb 19, 2013

nickd97 wrote:
Thanks for the advice. I looked at the Timeshare User Group and it appears that there is charge to join. It's minimal but I wanted to ask your opinion as to the benefit of joining.

The vast majority of members at TUG are seasoned/educated timeshare owners .... as far as possibly listing your timeshare there .... Redweek is the #1 timeshare ad site on the internet because they advertise in different venues .... most timeshare owners have never heard of Tug.

You do not have to join Tug to read and post in the forums, but you do have to join in order to post an ad.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Feb 19, 2013 09:28 AM

Feb 19, 2013

resolved

Nick D.

Last edited by nickd97 on Apr 29, 2013 06:09 AM

Feb 20, 2013

resolved

Nick D.

Last edited by nickd97 on Apr 29, 2013 06:10 AM

Mar 04, 2013

resolved

Nick D.

Last edited by nickd97 on Apr 29, 2013 06:11 AM

Mar 04, 2013

Charles please see the below messages and stay tuned.

Nick D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.