Timeshare Companies

Dream Vacation Sales and Rentals

Jul 19, 2011

Has anyone done business with Dream Vacation Sales and Rentals? We've been told that they have buyers for Belaire in Puerto Vallarta owners where there's no upfront money involved but a 8% commission after sale. They claim an owner would get 75% of our investment. Paul and Karen

Paul A.
Jul 19, 2011

paul2121 wrote:
Has anyone done business with Dream Vacation Sales and Rentals? We've been told that they have buyers for Belaire in Puerto Vallarta owners where there's no upfront money involved but a 8% commission after sale. They claim an owner would get 75% of our investment. Paul and Karen

And, I bet they gave you an unrealistic high price that the buyers will pay for your timeshare ..... what they will do is demand a huge fee for closing before the supposed transaction is complete then you'll never hear from them again.

R P.
Jul 19, 2011

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151558

R P.
Jul 19, 2011

thanks for the advice. We asked for a copy of their sales agreement out of curiosity. We certainly wouldn't send them a nickel before closing.

Paul A.
Jul 22, 2011

WHY DID YOU MAKE THE COMMENT YOU DID, REGARDING BELAIRE RESORT & SPA/HOTEL "U"? THANKS! MEL

Mel H.
Aug 02, 2011

They called us too...I said that I would happily sell if they would put the escrow at Chicago Title in my hometown...they said no problem...now they won,t return my call!! I will keep you posted! Jim and Judy Fox

Judy F.
Aug 09, 2011

I, too, received a call about our Belaire property from Dream Vacations. This is the 4th "company" that has called us with similar programs. All have proven to be scams and claim there's no upfront fee until the very end... Be very careful. I told them I would not pay a dime of upfront fees. Hmmm...she hasn't called back like she said she would!

Polly M.
Aug 14, 2011

I don't know if anyone has read the contract, but I just got mine and there is so much legal talk that it made my head spin. There is also some talk about monies that will not be returned if you do not complete the transaction. Also they are not responsible for any situation that will not allow you to complete the transaction.. I still have more questions than answers. Any one have any good results with them?

George C.
Aug 15, 2011

WE GOT THE CALL FROM DREAM VACATIONS ON 7-21-11. THEY ASKED WITH ESCROW AGENT WE WANTED TO GO WITH. I SAID "CHICAGO TITLE" BUT THE PUT ME WITH "GUARDIAN FEDERAL TITLE"....AND THE DAY BEFORE THE SCHEDULED CLOSING, THEY NEEDED THE 8% COMMISSION UP-FRONT. I WENT TO THEIR ADDRESS LISTED ON THE ESCROW STATEMENT. THEY WERE NOT THERE AND THE BUILDING MANAGER SAID HE NEVER HEARD OF THEM. CAUTION!!! ....EVEN THO THE ORIGINAL CONTACT SAID NO UP-FRONT MONEY.

Mel H.
Aug 16, 2011

melh36 wrote:
WE GOT THE CALL FROM DREAM VACATIONS ON 7-21-11. THEY ASKED WITH ESCROW AGENT WE WANTED TO GO WITH. I SAID "CHICAGO TITLE" BUT THE PUT ME WITH "GUARDIAN FEDERAL TITLE"....AND THE DAY BEFORE THE SCHEDULED CLOSING, THEY NEEDED THE 8% COMMISSION UP-FRONT. I WENT TO THEIR ADDRESS LISTED ON THE ESCROW STATEMENT. THEY WERE NOT THERE AND THE BUILDING MANAGER SAID HE NEVER HEARD OF THEM. CAUTION!!! ....EVEN THO THE ORIGINAL CONTACT SAID NO UP-FRONT MONEY.

This is how some of the scammers operate .... even though they don't ask for an upfront fee when making the deal with you they will ask for a large upfront fee before closing.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.