preview the new redweek.com!

Where do you buy RCI points from?

Forum: Point Systems

page 1 of 1

«prev page    next page»

Message Author

Looking into purchasing some RCI points so I can use them at various locations, but after reading online ads, and brochures for an hour I can't get a simply answer.

Who and where do I buy points from? Is RCI a company that I just call and buy points, or do I have to go through a points broker? Can I buy points from members looking to sell?

I don't want to get stuck in 1 specific location so i'm not looking to buy a timeshare at a specific location. I just want to purchase a couple hundred thousand points and travel to various places yearly.

Is this possible?

3 years ago
Aug 12, 2011

Message deleted.

Avatar for michaelp749 michaelp749

2 years ago
Nov 04, 2011

I have several points left over this year.

2 years ago
Jan 11, 2012

Message deleted.

2 years ago
Jan 14, 2012

lghtm wrote:
Looking into purchasing some RCI points so I can use them at various locations, but after reading online ads, and brochures for an hour I can't get a simply answer.

Who and where do I buy points from? Is RCI a company that I just call and buy points, or do I have to go through a points broker? Can I buy points from members looking to sell?

I don't want to get stuck in 1 specific location so i'm not looking to buy a timeshare at a specific location. I just want to purchase a couple hundred thousand points and travel to various places yearly.

Is this possible?

On RedWeek you can purchase RCI points directly from the owners. Please copy and paste this link into your browser http://www.redweek.com/timeshare-companies/?partner=rci&submit=Go. If you aren't able to get this link to work please try this link http://www.redweek.com/timeshare-points/ then under the right side where it says "Buy Timeshare Points" select RCI points in the drop down box. Then click "Go".

Thank you,
Marty

RedWeek.com Staff

2 years ago
Jan 15, 2012

Sure you can buy points from other members, I have sold excess points once in awhile as I sometimes have more than I need. I have excess this year.

Last edit by attilan on Jan 15, 2012 09:12 AM.

2 years ago
Jan 15, 2012

Message deleted.

2 years ago
Mar 24, 2012

Just a heads up. Posting your phone number in a forum like this stating your intention to sell timeshare interests will generate a lot of unwanted calls from all sorts of operations (usually scams) claiming they can miraculously sell, rent, or get you out of your timeshare. All you need to do is pay a large, upfront fee.

The other thing you're opening yourself up to is a barrage of phone calls from travel clubs (sometimes posing as large, legitimate timeshare or exchange companies).

2 years ago
Mar 24, 2012

Are you an RCI points member?

2 years ago
Mar 30, 2012

O.K. So the original post by lghtm was trying to find out how to buy "just" points without having to "buy" a timeshare. One of the reasons I'm here right now is to find out about the buying or selling of points. I own at an RCI points resort. I don't want to sell my timeshare but I would like to sell my points this year. Some of the posts I've read here seem to say that you can't sell RCI points for some contractual/legal reasons. I don't know, is this true? I look on RedWeek here at the area for selling or buying points and it seems that most of those postings are for the sale of the underlying resort with the accompanying points. Others have stated that they've sold leftover points. Can someone clarify this for me? I'd just like to find out if I can sell my RCI points for this year and what the process is to accomplish that.
One additional question I would have is if I sold points to someone who was not an RCI member would I have to book something and then supply a guest certificate for them? The whole thing is really confusing and it seems like it should be more simple.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

2 years ago
Apr 01, 2012

Where do you own? please reply to junkmail@kalda.ca and I will share what I have learned with you.

thanks,
Linda

2 years ago
Apr 01, 2012

I own in the U.S. in the state of Pennsylvania. While I appreciate your quick reply to my query I find it quite odd to reply back to an email address titled "junkmail@". Would it be at all possible to share your education right here on this forum? I'm sure other people could learn from it too.

Thank You,
Roberto

2 years ago
Apr 02, 2012

Message deleted.

2 years ago
Aug 05, 2012

I hope you found your answer to this question. If not I would be happy to assist. I know this post is from 5 months ago but I just came across it today. I currently own a timeshare and utilize RCI points quite a lot. Would be happy to assist.

1 year ago
Sep 14, 2012

I'm not the original poster, but I was wondering whether/how I could sell my additional points. I'm also considering selling the underlying timeshare, as I'm continually fretting over what to do with my excess points (I own 2 units at Vacation Village at Parkway).

laurenj42 wrote:
I hope you found your answer to this question. If not I would be happy to assist. I know this post is from 5 months ago but I just came across it today. I currently own a timeshare and utilize RCI points quite a lot. Would be happy to assist.

1 year ago
Sep 17, 2012

Hello laurenj42. You're assistance would be greatly appreciated. Please tell me more about how I might be able to sell some of my points because I still haven't gotten an answer. I am an RCI points member and don't use it as much as I used to but don't really want to sell my timeshare outright at this time. I'm hoping to sell enough points to cover my yearly maintenence fees.

Thank You.

1 year ago
Sep 17, 2012

I have owned a timeshare in Vermont since 2005.

regards,
Linda

Last edit by marty8084 on Sep 20, 2012 11:30 PM.

1 year ago
Sep 17, 2012

Marty, above, has articulated where to find timeshare points on Redweek:

On RedWeek you can purchase RCI points directly from the owners. Please copy and paste this link into your browser http://www.redweek.com/timeshare-companies/?partner=rci&submit=Go. If you aren't able to get this link to work please try this link http://www.redweek.com/timeshare-points/ then under the right side where it says "Buy Timeshare Points" select RCI points in the drop down box. Then click "Go".

Thank you,
Marty

1 year ago
Sep 18, 2012

Message deleted.

1 month ago
Jul 25, 2014

page 1 of 1

«prev page    next page»

Reply to Topic

Available only to RedWeek.com Guests

I Want To…

Attention Gmail Users

Google Phishing Scam »

Casting Call

Get free, professional photos of your next timeshare vacation!

Learn more »