The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Aug 27, 2016

TMC charged my card for 2017 6 months before my 2017 year starts. I tried to get the CC company to stop payment but they wouldn't as long as I continue my relationship with TMC. I would be very interested in attending a meeting in Sept about the AG case. Not sure what to make of it? It seems like the case is not really going to benefit the owners directly! I am changing my CC # so they can't bill me next year automatically.

Jim M.
Aug 27, 2016

I own 2 timeshares at TMC and would like info to sign in to the lawsuit or at least pass my information to the court. CHRIS W

Christopher W.
Aug 27, 2016

The best way to add your name and contact information to the NYAG suit against TMC: case number 451536/2014: Schneiderman vs Eichner, is to write them a letter of complaint stating all pertinent information you have to support your case. I recently wrote a letter of complaint to the NYAG and received a prompt reply from them within 10 days. They would like us to provide them with copies of all documents concerning our dealings with TMC. Their address is: Eric Schneiderman Attorney General 120 Broadway, 23rd. floor New York, NY 10271 Attn: Serwat Farooq, Esq. Assistant Attorney General

Vivien S.
Aug 27, 2016

My CC on file w. TMC was closed. I never thought to change it with them at the time. Within a week of not being able to post a payment they were calling me multiple times a day. Concern is are they reporting to a Credit Bureau, and affecting my Credit Score. And can they put a lien on my home? Not something I wish to see. I am close enough to NY to attend any meeting at any time.

jimm857 wrote:
TMC charged my card for 2017 6 months before my 2017 year starts. I tried to get the CC company to stop payment but they wouldn't as long as I continue my relationship with TMC. I would be very interested in attending a meeting in Sept about the AG case. Not sure what to make of it? It seems like the case is not really going to benefit the owners directly! I am changing my CC # so they can't bill me next year automatically.

Debbie F.
Aug 28, 2016

quick math; (and not considering any fees that would come off the top....), A Seven-Million-Dollar-settlement divided by the figure of 18,000 owners is $388 each. I realize that this is not exactly how class action settlements work, but it's a quick view of how ridiculously laughable, the Low suggested $7 million figure is!

L C.
Aug 28, 2016

debbie,

call your cc company immediately and speak w/a supervisor. explain the situation especially regarding your credit score/ ask if it can be affected by this den of TMC thieves!.

chris

debbief289 wrote:
My CC on file w. TMC was closed. I never thought to change it with them at the time. Within a week of not being able to post a payment they were calling me multiple times a day. Concern is are they reporting to a Credit Bureau, and affecting my Credit Score. And can they put a lien on my home? Not something I wish to see. I am close enough to NY to attend any meeting at any time.

jimm857 wrote:

Chris V.
Aug 28, 2016

ic121,

TIME TO WRITE LETTERS TO JUDGE RAKOWER AND THE NYS ATTORNEY GENERAL.

CHRIS

Chris V.
Aug 28, 2016

To viviens2: did NYAG office contact your over the phone or email? I received a couple phone calls from the number 2001000(or something like that. ) Thought it was a bs and deleted the contact. Now I think it could have been a gov number.

Fibo N.
Aug 29, 2016

I received a letter signed by Serwat Farooq, the Assistant Attorney General. When I sent the letter of complaint initially, I sent it by certified mail so that I could tract the mail.

Vivien S.
Aug 29, 2016

Another issue is owners that are currently paying their dues. It's a known fact that they are paying more in an attempt to cover for those that are not paying. Those individuals should be able to recover some of the excess they are paying in order for the place to keep from losing value or have to shutter. 7 million is just not acceptable.

Boomer
Aug 29, 2016

@ viviens2: Thank you very much. I will send my letter next week.

@carole487:" owners that are currently paying their dues. It's a known fact that they are paying more in an attempt to cover for those that are not paying. Those individuals should be able to recover some of the excess they are paying"...

FLEX owners who had paid their dues and failed to get reservations for several years should be able to recover their losses as well.

After several years of lack of reservations I had sent a letter to MC asking to recover my maintenance fees for these years. No response was received...

It is a known fact that MC, particularly Urban, did not experience financial losses, reservations were used by street-comers, travel sites, or, sorry to mention, by other TMC owner (though it's not their fault).

Fibo N.
Aug 30, 2016

Good day. I have not followed the TMC situation in the past months. I filled in a questionnaire months ago which was sent to me via email and never heard back. I live in Italy but I will be in NY next week. Is there anything else I should do to help the cause? I want out of the MC. I can't afford it anymore and using it has become a job. I have paid my fees because I don't want any problems with my credit history and the lawyer at the meeting last year advised us to pay them otherwise we would loose all rights (which at this point seems the lesser evil). Thank you

viviens2 wrote:
The best way to add your name and contact information to the NYAG suit against TMC: case number 451536/2014: Schneiderman vs Eichner, is to write them a letter of complaint stating all pertinent information you have to support your case. I recently wrote a letter of complaint to the NYAG and received a prompt reply from them within 10 days. They would like us to provide them with copies of all documents concerning our dealings with TMC. Their address is: Eric Schneiderman Attorney General 120 Broadway, 23rd. floor New York, NY 10271 Attn: Serwat Farooq, Esq. Assistant Attorney General

Flavia T.
Aug 30, 2016

Good day. I have not followed the TMC situation in the past months. I filled in a questionnaire months ago which was sent to me via email and never heard back. I live in Italy but I will be in NY next week. Is there anything else I should do to help the cause? I want out of the MC. I can't afford it anymore and using it has become a job. I have paid my fees because I don't want any problems with my credit history and the lawyer at the meeting last year advised us to pay them otherwise we would loose all rights (which at this point seems the lesser evil). Thank you

Flavia T.
Aug 30, 2016

From Analyst Nina Barchap

I looked carefully into MC public records...Surprise, surprise. There is list of companies at the address 200 W 56 Str/ aka 870 7th Ave who are running MC records. As we learned previously, there are mirrored entities titles such as “O. {period} PARK CENTRAL ” / “O {no period} PARK CENTRAL”, “T.{period} PARK CENTRAL” “T {no period} PARK CENTRAL” , H and R {period} / {no period} PARK CENTRAL

On the top, each of the entities posses “sub- entities” having different abbreviation via commas and / or periods/ and or word extension. “Sub- entities”, as it seems, affiliate to their correspondent data: it could be transactions for MC individual buyer, or buy backs, or BlueGreen, Vacation Trust, Textron, Capital Source Bank, mortgages, loans, rents , etc. Search for one of such entity abbreviation in many cases does not return other entities/sub-entities records. Therefore full spectrum of the MC activities is not reachable for owners and public viewers.

Here is the first list :

“O. {period} PARK CENTRAL LLC ”

“O. PARK CENTRAL LLC ” (O. {period} PARK CENTRAL LLC ) “O. PARK CENTRAL, LLC” (O.{period} PARK CENTRAL, {comma }LLC ) “O. PARK CENTRAL L.L.C” (O.{period} PARK CENTRAL L{period} L{period} C ) “O. PARK CENTRAL, L.L.C. ” (O.{period} CENTRAL L.{period}L.{period}C.{period} ) “O. PARK CENTRAL L.L.C., ” (O. {period} PARK CENTRAL L.{period}L.{period}C(period).,{comma} “O. PARK CENTRAL HOTEL LLC. ” (O. {period} PARK CENTRAL HOTEL LLC) 3432 ALL RECORDS “O. PARK CENTRAL” (O. {period} PARK CENTRAL) “O {no period} PARK CENTRAL LLC” : “O PARK CENTRAL LLC ” (no periods or commas) - 598 DEEDS, mostly buy backs “O PARK CENTRAL L.L.C.” (O PARK CENTRAL L.{period}L.{period}C.{period}) - 66 ALL RECORDS (MORTGAGES, RELEASES)

“O PARK CENTRAL, LLC” ” (O PARK CENTRAL, {period} LLC)

Irene S.
Aug 30, 2016

As the majority of TMC owners live outside NYC, if we as a group were able to convince the NYAG's office to meet with us, is it not possible for the meeting to be broadcast over the internet so that those of us unable to travel to a meeting in the city would at least be able to view/listen to the meeting? Perhaps we might be able to submit specific questions to the organizers (either the Forum or the NYAG) ahead of the meeting?

Diane L.
Aug 31, 2016

Hi Irene,

Does the NYAG have the above information? If not can we share this information with the NYAG? The TMC is committing fraud big time! Thank you for sharing .

Vivien

Vivien S.

Last edited by viviens2 on Aug 31, 2016 05:54 AM

Aug 31, 2016

Someone would need to check with the Secretary of State's office for New York State to see if those entities do exist. It may simply be an oversight on the part of the person who prepared the documents as to whether a period is shown or carelessly overlooked.

Gail J.
Aug 31, 2016

It's easy to check business registration via NYC Bus. Corp. gov, here is the link: http://www.dos.ny.gov/corps/bus_entity_search.html

Only MC entities where a period in the title are registered, such as T. Park Central , O. Park Central , H. Park Central , R. Park Central L.L.C.s: ***********************************

NYS Department of State Division of Corporations Search Results The information contained in this database is current through August 30, 2016. Only one entity was found. Entity Name T. PARK CENTRAL L.L.C. ---------------------------------------------------------- Only T. PARK CENTRAL L.L.C. is a registered in Manhattan. Others are registrants of Kings County. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Entity Name: H. PARK CENTRAL L.L.C. DOS ID #: 1907155 Initial DOS Filing Date: MARCH 27, 1995 County: KINGS Jurisdiction: NEW YORK Entity Type: DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY Current Entity Status: ACTIVE

Selected Entity Address Information DOS Process (Address to which DOS will mail process if accepted on behalf of the entity) % IAN BRUCE EICHNER 222 COLUMBIA HEIGHTS BROOKLYN HEIGHTS, NEW YORK, 11201 Registered Agent NONE

Fibo N.
Sep 01, 2016

So then are the registered companies with Park Central in the name actually companies set up in conjunction with the Park Central Hotel?

Gail J.
Sep 01, 2016

tulipblossom,

there is sooooooo much underhanded and criminal actions going on with TMC principals that i would not be surprised if other nyc properties are deeply involved. our 'LEADER" is a genius; if not, he has surrounded himself with many who have genius capabilities and knowledge. it's a shame that judge rakower doesn't seem to see right through this fraud; hopefuly, she's awaiting the right moment to offer this "leader" a bed in a facility that handles people like this.

tulipblossom wrote:
So then are the registered companies with Park Central in the name actually companies set up in conjunction with the Park Central Hotel?

Chris V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.