The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Sep 02, 2016

I want to thank everyone who is getting all this information for us. I am sending a letter to the AG right away

Debra A.
Sep 02, 2016

There are 2 registered in NYC PARK CENTRAL HOTEL (s): PARK CENTRAL HOTEL L.L.C. (with periods) and PARK CENTRAL HOTEL LLC (no periods). Status of both in INACTIVE Though there is PARK CENTRAL HOTEL (DE) LLC, Foreign Limited, that affiliated with MC transactions.

Current Entity Name: PARK CENTRAL HOTEL L.L.C. DOS ID #: 1938170 Initial DOS Filing Date: JULY 11, 1995 County: NEW YORK Jurisdiction: NEW YORK Entity Type: DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY Current Entity Status: INACTIVE - Merged Out (Dec 12, 1997)

Selected Entity Address Information DOS Process (Address to which DOS will mail process if accepted on behalf of the entity) C/O BICHNER ENTERPRISES 156 WEST 56TH STREETSelected Entity Name: PARK CENTRAL HOTEL LLC Selected Entity Status Information Current Entity Name: PARK CENTRAL HOTEL LLC DOS ID #: 2628065 Initial DOS Filing Date: APRIL 13, 2001 County: NEW YORK Jurisdiction: NEW YORK Entity Type: DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY Current Entity Status: INACTIVE - Dissolution (Dec 02, 2004)

Current Entity Name: PARK CENTRAL HOTEL LLC DOS ID #: 2628065 Initial DOS Filing Date: APRIL 13, 2001 County: NEW YORK Jurisdiction: NEW YORK Entity Type: DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY Current Entity Status: INACTIVE - Dissolution (Dec 02, 2004)

C/O CORPORATION SERVICE COMPANY 80 STATE STREET ALBANY, NEW YORK, 12207-2543 **************************************

Current Entity Name: PARK CENTRAL HOTEL (DE) LLC DOS ID #: 3133005 Initial DOS Filing Date: DECEMBER 02, 2004 County: NEW YORK Jurisdiction: DELAWARE Entity Type: FOREIGN LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY Current Entity Status: ACTIVE

Selected Entity Address Information DOS Process (Address to which DOS will mail process if accepted on behalf of the entity) C/O CORPORATION SERVICE COMPANY 80 STATE STREET ALBANY, NEW YORK, 12207-2543

Fibo N.
Sep 02, 2016

hi diane,

i have been asking jeff weir and/or greg crist to request a presentation and q&a session with the NYSAG, to be given at an owners' meeting such as the one we had last august. on the NYSAG'S weekly information website, there is a form especially for the purpose of requesting such a presentation. in response to an email i sent to jeff , he told me that another meeting was ill-advised at this time. (jeff weir is a reporter/correspondent for redweek.com, and greg crist is director of a national organization of timeshare owners.) they very aptly arranged a fine meeting last august in chelsea, nyc. perhaps you and other owners can appeal to them again requesting a meeting sometime in the near future hopefully with the NYSAG or his designate present to discuss this way-to-lengthy lawsuit: NYSAG VS THE MANHATTAN CLUB (IAN BRUCE EICHNER, ET AL.)

keep in touch.

chris

dianel400 wrote:
As the majority of TMC owners live outside NYC, if we as a group were able to convince the NYAG's office to meet with us, is it not possible for the meeting to be broadcast over the internet so that those of us unable to travel to a meeting in the city would at least be able to view/listen to the meeting? Perhaps we might be able to submit specific questions to the organizers (either the Forum or the NYAG) ahead of the meeting?

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Sep 02, 2016 04:17 PM

Sep 02, 2016

I am an owner at MC. I am interested in joining lawsuit. Lynette Coulter

Lynette C.
Sep 03, 2016

hi lynette,

............if you're referring to the current lawsuit: the NYS ATTORNEY GENERAL VS THE MANHATTAN CLUB (EICHER AND GANG), there's no need to "join." the AG is working on behalf of new york state as the plaintiff and eichner as the defendant. this is not a private class action suit which you can join. however, i'm hoping that mr schneiderman, the nysag, is ultimately trying to win this case on behalf of all owners in the manhattan club timeshare as well as ny state.

should you desire to help your fellow owners' cause, i.e., working to assist the ag in winning his case against the manhattan club, write to mr schneiderman and to the current judge (judge eileen rakower) with ALL OF YOUR DISAPPOINTMENTS AND COMPLAINTS, especially those pointing to being scammed, lied to, defrauded and paying exorbitant escalations of our maintenance fees....currently over 300% from the time of original purchase......in addition to not being able to obtain desirable reservations (if you're a victim of this issue as well.)

keep in touch.

chris

lynettec36 wrote:

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Sep 03, 2016 04:33 PM

Sep 04, 2016

Off topic.. I only see a fraud here.. Different one than you guys.. I see business frauds etc. Etc.. I might be wrong. Sorry disturbing, but it seems a huge hob to investigate properly the whole business scenario, doesn't it? Well..

Sari P.
Sep 04, 2016

sarip, if you see only "fraud" in the lawsuit, so be it. however, as sub definitions of "fraud" re the issues of the manhattan club, you should add ........being lied to, exorbitant raising of maintenance fees, inability to obtain desirable reservation time, as well as "business frauds" as you aptly noted. WE OWNERS HAVE BEEN DEFRAUDED, SCAMMED, AND LIED TO BY IAN BRUCE EICHNER. THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE. the NYSAG seems to be doing his best in his investigatory and court presentation efforts, bringing these issues to light which the court will hopefully see as proof that eichner and company has committed major fraud against purchasers of the manhattan club timeshare.

keep in touch.

chris

sarip2 wrote:
Off topic.. I only see a fraud here.. Different one than you guys.. I see business frauds etc. Etc.. I might be wrong. Sorry disturbing, but it seems a huge hob to investigate properly the whole business scenario, doesn't it? Well..

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Sep 04, 2016 05:26 PM

Sep 05, 2016

The bottom line is "who was the fraud perpetrated against" - it is not as if Eichner and his scammers were committing fraud against the government by not paying taxes. They were committing fraud against the purchasers so the time share owners are adversely affected. I continue to believe that if enough wrongdoing is uncovered, that in lieu of jail sentences, a plea deal may be offered up whereby the disgruntled owners can sell their "great investment" back to Eichner. After all, it was his team that touted our purchases as being the "great investment". If he is still of that persuasion, then he can buy our shares back, mark them up, and re sell them at a large profit to himself.

Gail J.
Sep 05, 2016

What we are hoping after all is said and done is a determination is made by Appraiser chosen by the courts makes an evaluation of property and various size units sold and that value is devide By 52 weeks and Eichner, etc. is made to pay us that amount in penalty and also forced to buy back units from those who are interested in selling it back at today's market value which was the promise that was made to us. The location of the MC has incredible value and we all as owners should benefit not be penalized. It may be a pipe dream but we keep feeling positive that will in some form happen.

Cookie L.
Sep 05, 2016

cookie7,

" It may be a pipe dream but we keep feeling positive that will in some form happen," your quote, and it has respectable value. however, pipe dreams and positive feelings may offer some consolation, but ONLY ACTION ON OUR PART will ultimately help us. we must keep up our dialog with judge rakower and eric schneiderman, the nysag. that will be done only by continued written (and otherwise) communication to each of them. attempts at communication with the media (newspapers, tv, radio, et al) telling them our stories of deceit piled on us by eichner would also be helpful. so, keep dreaming and feeling positive, but TAKE A PROACTIVE STAND AND DO SOMETHING TANGIBLE AS WELL.

keep in touch.

chris

cookiel7 wrote:
What we are hoping after all is said and done is a determination is made by Appraiser chosen by the courts makes an evaluation of property and various size units sold and that value is devide By 52 weeks and Eichner, etc. is made to pay us that amount in penalty and also forced to buy back units from those who are interested in selling it back at today's market value which was the promise that was made to us. The location of the MC has incredible value and we all as owners should benefit not be penalized. It may be a pipe dream but we keep feeling positive that will in some form happen.

Chris V.
Sep 05, 2016

You seem to be a day late and a dollar short, concerning any part you think that you have in this endless lawsuit. This thing has been been going on forever. Of course]if it is ever settled,what would redneck talk about.?

Charles K.
Sep 06, 2016

I have to thank RedWeek for being a place where owners can voice what they have learned and make suggestions on what they can do to help benefit our cause with AG. As we live out of state, as many owners do, we can't always run to NYC for meetings that may or may not happen and this is our only source of communication. Thank you Red Week for providing this Forum. We also thank owners who are more easily able to get to these meetings for relaying info. As for something else to talk about, they have an endless number of things to talk about in the Timeshare industry, for sure...

Cookie L.
Sep 06, 2016

For you newcomers to this site, I'm reposting the link to the NY AG's 2015 court filing that really lays out the magnitude of Eichner's fraud against us. This filing is a MUST READ for any Manhattan Club owner. Here is the link to that 2015 AG court filing: You may have to paste it into your browser.

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fbem/DocumentDisplayServlet?documentId=arMAhc2Z8epneiTXUbb_PLUS_yQ==&system=prod

We all have the same complaint, for years, despite paying our fees, we have been routinely cheated out of the use of our timeshare while the Eichner family and a small circle of TMC insiders have enriched themselves at our expense. The icing on the cake for me and my wife, and what finally convinced us to stop paying TMC, was when we read the NY Attorney General's July, 2015 court filing, which itemizes a remarkable list of allegations of civil and criminal conduct on the part of The Manhattan Club. This includes the charge that for years, Eichner has been personally skimming over 6 million dollars a year from TMC through a shell management company called Urban. This company had no employees and provided no services to the operation of the timeshare property, yet our timeshare corporation was paying them $6 million a year! In reading through the filing, I got sick as I learned how badly we have been cheated and how unscrupulous and devious the principals at TMC were as they perpetrated their fraud against us. In my case, it went on for over 10 years. The enormity of the fraud and the magnitude of the numbers is staggering... at least 14,000 owners, 250 rooms, 52 weeks a year ( in some cases they actually sold more than 52 weeks!) at $2500-$4000 annual maintenance payments each.

By simply withholding two years' maintenance payments on the 2 weeks we own, and stopping the mortgage payments, I'm nearly $8,000 ahead. Knowing what we now know, I'm amazed that anyone would continue to send these crooks money. Revoke your credit card authorization, and stop sending them checks. I urge you all to stop funding TMC's fight against us and the Attorney General. Bob Biello rbiello2@gmail.com

Robert B.
Sep 06, 2016

Has there been any impact on your credit rating by not paying the fees?

Mary B.
Sep 06, 2016

maryb1644 wrote:
Has there been any impact on your credit rating by not paying the fees?

I haven't heard of anyone taking a credit hit for stopping the payment of the outrageous annual maintenance fees. TMC did try to ding our credit initially when I stopped paying the mortgage loan. I was successful in getting the negative report removed by showing TransUnion that they were posting negative comments submitted by a company that is under CRIMINAL FRAUD investigation by the NY Attorney General.

Robert B.
Sep 06, 2016

From a TMC owner who is also an Attorney. Read this to understand the difference between T Park Central and O Park Central

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/ViewDocument?docIndex=Ag4ZsYmNaNKvhUL8MdFSmQ==

Irene S.
Sep 07, 2016

So, not only have Eichner and crew been screwing us timeshare owners for years, they've been screwing their original timeshare investing partners along the way. More fodder for the AG to sink his teeth into.

Robert B.
Sep 07, 2016

Just an update for everyone. I contacted Mr. Wasser this am and he already knew about this lawsuit and will be forwarding it to the AG office in his next letter to the AG. He believes that the AG already knows about it but wanted to be sure.

Jonathan P.
Sep 07, 2016

Can someone provide the judge's formal title and address (US mail or email) so that I can submit a current issue Re: booking TMC reservation? I had to cancel my week reservation today and was hasseled by rep. since 24 hrs until reservation. Fortunately, I had kept my emails clearly showing I had contacted 2 of their personnel 9/4 and 9/6, which supposedly grants them permission to cancel. I then asked what weeks were still available through end of 2016. I got the usual song and dance routine about it being a busy time of year and only had a few nights here and there. He did actually come up with 5 days in Oct. I told him that I could go online and book a full week and as an owner, I should be able to book that with my week. He stated that I would be surprised that there were apparently no weeks online either. After hanging up, I did go online and low and behond, found a full week in Nov in my suite type. I did send a copy via email of screen back to him as well as 2 other reps. Are they not supposed to let us owners have these weeks if available. This is so wrong as we all know. Wonder why people are so unhappy, which I did again tell the rep.

chrisv126 wrote:
hi lynette,

............if you're referring to the current lawsuit: the NYS ATTORNEY GENERAL VS THE MANHATTAN CLUB (EICHER AND GANG), there's no need to "join." the AG is working on behalf of new york state as the plaintiff and eichner as the defendant. this is not a private class action suit which you can join. however, i'm hoping that mr schneiderman, the nysag, is ultimately trying to win this case on behalf of all owners in the manhattan club timeshare as well as ny state.

should you desire to help your fellow owners' cause, i.e., working to assist the ag in winning his case against the manhattan club, write to mr schneiderman and to the current judge (judge eileen rakower) with ALL OF YOUR DISAPPOINTMENTS AND COMPLAINTS, especially those pointing to being scammed, lied to, defrauded and paying exorbitant escalations of our maintenance fees....currently over 300% from the time of original purchase......in addition to not being able to obtain desirable reservations (if you're a victim of this issue as well.)

keep in touch.

chris

lynettec36 wrote:

Joan S.
Sep 07, 2016

Another question for someone out there. Why don't these timeshare companies have to come up with an opt out for owners after a period of time? You would think the natural attrition from one generation to the next would be incorporated into their programs. The fact that people are locked into these for life is wrong!!

Joan S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.