The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Jan 01, 2017

Found this page online where over 400 Manhattan Club units are FOR SALE! http://www.sellmytimesharenow.com/timeshare/Manhattan+Club/resort/buy-timeshare/ Doesn't make me feel like my unit is worth much when some of these are selling for $1. I think the current owners are 'screwed' by this 'greed' and 'mismanagement' and not sure what we can do. I am not sure if the AG case will really help any of the owners at this point?

Jim M.

Last edited by jimm857 on Jan 01, 2017 10:23 PM

Jan 02, 2017

Laura136 Attorney Douglass Wasser can be reached by searching:

http://wasserruss.com/attorneys/douglas-f-wasser

Mr. Wasser is representing now 30 Manhattan Club victims when I last communicated with him November 15 and is up to date with New York AG Eric Schneiderman's investigation.

There may be other lawyers, but I know Mr. Wasser is active. Something he mentioned was adjourned until January 5, 2017.

Irene P.
Jan 02, 2017

Hi Jeff, Thank you for updates and information of ongoing case. My one comment is on the suggestion that people Should Pay OR Not to Pay our exorbitant fees. Owners who have chosen Not to Pay; Should Know, there was always a, "RESERVE FOR BAD DEBT", One million dollar line in the yearly budget. In 2016 that line was doubled to Two Million Reserved. NOW, THE 2017 BUDGETED "RESERVE FOR BAD DEBT" is 5.3 MILLION and is PART OF OUR FEE INCREASE! Just to repeat, TMC, simply covers your fees, by everyone else having to pay them. Repeate: the 2017 BUDGETED "RESERVE FOR BAD DEBT" IS 5.3 MILLION, THAT CURRENT OWNERS WILL PAY / NOT BUILDERS. I do use my time, so although it truly hurts my family's finances, I do pay the fees and will as long as possible. Owners who have chosen Not to Pay should Know that it IS hurting more then themselves and Not helping to fight the problems. (Note - You all did sign the same contracts as everyone else.)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

L C.
Jan 02, 2017

Our interests are worth nothing. ACRIS property address indicates our "ownership" as 870 7-th avenue. Our deeds demonstrate we bought interest at 260 w 56 street, aka explanation is not included. That's why MC insists on the right of first refusal when closing documentation have to go through their management. Twist to gain full power.

Fibo N.
Jan 02, 2017

Until the AG case(s) are settled, you are correct that our shares are worth near nothing. However, if all cases are someday out of the court system; it's still very prime NYC property. Property is sold on the same street by the square footage, at very exorbitant cost. It will never be worth nothing. However, at this time in OUR lives, it's a sad condition. Time flies and I pray that with time, our shares will be sellable again. One can hope, especially when it's logical.

L C.
Jan 02, 2017

Bad debt was increased to 5.3 mill but the budget is still aligning expenses with gains. Isn't that amazing? Where were money coming into when bad debt was planned at 2 mill? As a matter or fact MC did not pay taxes since Jan 2016. I am not going to share MC penalties, I stopped payments and NOT going to restore it. My family was refused to continue losses for something that worse nothing due to MC fraud. I am taking care of my beneficiaries who will be forced to participate in the fraud.

Fibo N.
Jan 03, 2017

Thank you

Kevin O.

Last edited by kevin631 on Dec 18, 2018 05:27 AM

Jan 03, 2017

concerning maintenance fees: i do what is beneficial and expedient for my situation (JUST WHAT TMC DOES TO SUIT ITS GREEDY FRAUDULENT CORPORATION). if it will benefit my particular current situation i will do what is necessary to satisfy that issue.

summarizing:

if it will be to my benefit at a certain time, i pay the exorbitant fees only if i am sure reservations are available; if not, let them go to hell, i.e., no maintenance payment. the non-payment position is more common suiting my situations. i own two units: a one-bedroom and a foolishly-upgraded penthouse suite. needless-to-say, i haven't paid penthouse maintenance for some time.\

there comes a time when one must do what he/she needs to do because it benefits that person........SO SCREW ALL TMC PRINCIPALS.

Chris V.
Jan 06, 2017

Good news for the Case : BARNETT, GLENN E vs. EICHNER, IAN BRUCE, attorney Lowell. The case was re-scheduled to 03.16.2017 (instead of dismissal). I had a conversation with judge assistant. Is anyone who joined that case participating at the forum? Please contact me at ninasalny@gmail.com. Thank you

Nina S.
Jan 06, 2017

Wishing you all good luck-the Harmons

Nancy A.
Jan 06, 2017

HAPPY NEW YEAR fellow TMC victims,

you might want to view the following website and voice your many and varied complaints to this organization............... from my dealings with the site, it appears to be spam free. keep me posted, and let me know what you think. GO TO ..................http://www.fraud.org.

good luck. keep me posted and, again..............HNY

PAX

chris

Chris V.
Jan 06, 2017

Hello Nina: I tried to copy your email from the RedWeek page but Gmail said it was an invalid address. You posted it as ninasalny@gmail.com So here is my question.

I just saw your posting on RedWeek.com. I am not aware of any forum like you mentioned and I am not yet part of the suit you mentioned. But I am interested in learning more about both. I look forward to getting some of these details from you.

Sincerely,

George Cody

George M.
Jan 06, 2017

Please send me information about this lawsuit. I am an owner

Shirley D.
Jan 06, 2017

Hi all, My email is available, try again.

To learn about the case please see the case public documentation via the link: https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/webcivil/FCASSearch then enter the INDEX number: 654023-2015

Not a lot of documentation there, easy to reading, I am sure you'll find details, descriptions, motivations, etc that are close to your complaints and that have not been addressed at the court as of now.

I received a question from one of the owners on my email address: How does one know if they are included in the case? - Plaintiffs are those owners who signed a retainer with attorney Lowell and paid $300 somewhere at the beginning of 2016. Currently the case was not approved as a Class Action; name of the main Plaintiff shows at the title of the case, approximately, eight or more other owners joined the case.

Nina S.
Jan 08, 2017

I e been an owner for several years I've always called a year in advance to reserve 1bedroom 2 bath unit at the same time each week So I never had a problem When I received a letter to switch to RCI for ease in making reservations and trading I allowed the RCI rep to visit me My daughter thought it was a good idea That was 2years ago and the price was $4000 What did I buy? I call RCI to make my annual reservations Also to reserve a standard room at the Hilton in Nov its $415 plus tax That means $400 x7 is $2800 for 1br suite at MC vs $500 for standard room at Hilton So I'm out the $4000 and don't know what I bought Harriet

irenep59 wrote:
Laura136 Attorney Douglass Wasser can be reached by searching:

http://wasserruss.com/attorneys/douglas-f-wasser

Mr. Wasser is representing now 30 Manhattan Club victims when I last communicated with him November 15 and is up to date with New York AG Eric Schneiderman's investigation.

There may be other lawyers, but I know Mr. Wasser is active. Something he mentioned was adjourned until January 5, 2017.

Harriet R.
Jan 08, 2017

A contract is legally binding only if the terms agreed too were kept in good faith. TMC did not uphold their agreement- so terms of the contract were legally breeched & broken.....unenforceable. Also a frauded document for "mortgages " on a time share.....not Real real estate. This is a business fiasco on paper thru LLC's shielded & tax laws broken but now exposed . NYS AG Office represents US Jurisdictional Constitutional Law & the Plaintiffs Case has merit. So if your saying Owners should realize the cost are being passed to others & insurance also a factor - it doesn't change the initial agreement Owners had. TMC has no other option but to eventually admit to their defaults. The Court will see this as all the discovery was done. They will have to settle or file bankruptcy.......they falsely stated their Time Share reservation policy for Owners & that they would buy back after the Mortgage was paid. I bought for 15k & financed to pay off 60k. I'm not concerned about TMC & have no worries-it's over.......2017!!!! Not their sucker for their $$$.....get lost .......it's cheaper to just go to the place or any other NYC area competing Hotel.

Debbie B.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jan 08, 2017 05:14 PM

Jan 30, 2017

Oral argument on Respondents' motion (Dkt. no 368), shall be heard on March 31, 2017 at 12pm, a time that is convenient for the Court.

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fbem/DocumentDisplayServlet?documentId=NaO91E04Sf6TGE2PrGTy/w==&system=prod

Tony A.
Jan 30, 2017

I try to rent my weeks and these messages are not helping me. I'd prefer some privacy. Mary Ellen Colombo

Mary Ellen Colombo
Jan 30, 2017

We agree with Kevin on the maintenance fees. We can't afford to pay these outrageous maintenance fees. Therefore have chose to not pay them for the past three years. When we did pay we could not use the nights we had already paid for. Giving back to them nights we couldn't use in two consecutive years. No more... I want out of this mess as soon as possible.

Vanessa S.
Jan 30, 2017

marye480 wrote:
I try to rent my weeks and these messages are not helping me. I'd prefer some privacy. Mary Ellen Colombo

your privacy will be honored if you choose not to list your (rightfully) negative issues in this forum.

Chris V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.