Sep 26, 2011

Has anyone sold their Manhattan Club penthouse timeshare recently? How was the process and did you use a resale broker,or title company. Were there any Right To First Refusal problems? What is the turnaround time usually? Thank you

Joseph F.
Jun 05, 2012

We are looking to sell our Manhattan club week and was wondering if you were successful. Just like you stated in your message we have same concerns. Thanks

Barbara M.
Mar 05, 2013

josephf213 wrote:
Has anyone sold their Manhattan Club penthouse timeshare recently? How was the process and did you use a resale broker,or title company. Were there any Right To First Refusal problems? What is the turnaround time usually? Thank you

I am also interested in the answers to your questions. I do not see any responses. Did you go to a different venue to get your questions answered?

Francine D.
Nov 03, 2013

Good luck dealing with them. I finally had to hire an attorney to get me out of my timeshare at The Manhattan Club. jockwood@hotmail.com

John B.
Nov 03, 2013

Johnb2353 is running a SCAM !!!!

Don P.
Nov 03, 2013

Don does not know me, does not know my attorney, and is not an attorney. I just referred another unhappy owner to my attorney. Glad to assist.

John B.
Nov 08, 2013

johnb2353 wrote:
Don does not know me, does not know my attorney, and is not an attorney. I just referred another unhappy owner to my attorney. Glad to assist.

One more time .... no attorney can get anyone out of a legally binding contract, period, unless fraud was involved or unless the resort takes it back.

You stated that you owned at the Manhattan Club in NYC and that you could never reserve time there .... the Manhattan Club is very popular (although fees are very high) and if they took it back it was because they could turn around and resale it easily. All resorts are not the Manhattan Club, but you state that across the board that your socalled attorney can get anyone out of their timeshare contract .... that's an out and out lie.

R P.
Nov 08, 2013

jayjay -- Have you ever gotten anyone out of a timeshare like The Manhattan Club? The answer can only be "No," because you are not an attorney. My attorney has. STOP discrediting my attorney. Thank you. I will soon be posting messages from owners my attorney has successfully helped.

John B.
Nov 09, 2013

johnb2353 wrote:
jayjay -- Have you ever gotten anyone out of a timeshare like The Manhattan Club? The answer can only be "No," because you are not an attorney. My attorney has. STOP discrediting my attorney. Thank you. I will soon be posting messages from owners my attorney has successfully helped.

Let me ask you this .... did your socalled attorney get you back the money that you initially paid for your Manhattan Club timeshare?

R P.
Nov 09, 2013

johnb2353 wrote:
Yes, I've bought and sold 10 timeshare weeks on the resale market.

BTW, you are advertising your socalled attorney on Redweek's forums .... that's not allowed. Have you ever tried googling 'jock wood'?

R P.
Nov 09, 2013

jayjay -- I answered this is another forum. I googled Jock Wood and a lot of different things came up. But it's a name I made up regardless. It is not my real name. I am not advertising anything here. I am just happy to share my attorney's name with anyone who wants it. I was impressed with the results my attorney got. This is a forum for timeshare owners. There are a lot of frustrated owners here. I am happy to assist as I know how difficult it can be.

John B.
Nov 10, 2013

One more time .... If your attorney did get you out of your MC timeshare's ongoing maintenance fees it's BECAUSE it was paid off free and clear .... they can turn around and easily sell it to someone else. But you state (across the board) that your attorney can get anyone out of their timeshare contract ... this is simply not true.

R P.
Nov 10, 2013

JayJay -- Of course it has to be paid off. I paid cash for mine. I don't believe there are loans available at reasonable rates for timeshares.

John B.
Jun 11, 2015

I am a Manhattan Club timeshare owner. As such, I own nothing but debt and ongoing "maintenance" fees which do not correlate with this property. Eichner's assertion that he "has lost tens of millions of dollars" in sales since the AG's filing of an injunction in 2014 is testament to the unbelievable degree of fraud we are victims of. Our timeshares have already been oversold 3x-4x and are continuing to be sold as "hotel stays" every day on Orbit, Travelocity, etc. while we cannot get reservations for ourselves! Eichner's admission that he intended to take in "tens of millions of dollars" more in sales further substantiates his scheme to continue to re-sell our ownerships beyond their usefulness, the unit shares having been sold out long ago.

Charles M.
Jul 07, 2015

Hello Sir,

There is an injunction from July 2014 that prevents ANY SALE OR TRANSFER of ownership if TMC is needed to be involved (eg, SECONDARY market is different because TMC is not needed for legal documents to be filed - transfer of deeds and such).

Perhaps you might provide clarification regarding this as I've Personally be involved with Timeshare Attorneys who could not legally terminate my ownership. Also, another owner had a Timeshare company who would have "switched" ownerships, if you will, but because of the injunction, TMC could not cooperate.

(p.s. Many have mortgages - they do/did not have cash to purchase outright).

Thanks, Corinne

Corinne S.
Jul 08, 2015

I have your same concerns....and I have listed my timeshare with a real estate company ...to no avail

Maria A.
Mar 20, 2016

SCAM !!! Clay Long is only interested in your upfront money. He's full of hot air. NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your timeshare. I am reporting you to Redweek for posting your contact information in the forum. You sound like a real bottom feeder with your long winded sales pitch.

Don P.
Mar 20, 2016

Lol, man you guys are tough. Say what you wish. I guess it does seem hard to find someone who can actually do what everyone wishes they could do. Or contracts are 100% guarantee. Own law firm. A real law firm this isn't smoke and mirror type stuff. And A rating on the BBB and a list a mile line of references that anyone is welcome to call. Like I said it's not a scam. We send people with all their state documents, there 100% guarantee papers or money back. Everything they need we have. I don't think I'd be posting about something like this if what I say isn't the truth. That's a lot of time in prison for stuff like that. I've been in this industry for a long time so I know everyone on here is tired of getting burned. I get it. But if anyone wants me to send them our paper work and documents and what we do is be more then happy to before any type of payment :) cheers

Clayton G.
Mar 21, 2016

You're a low life scammer. What state is your business registered. What is your business license number. Who are the officers of the business. Do you have an office that someone can actually walk into or just a mail drop box. Until you answer any of those questions you're just another scammer that is after people's upfront money .

I spent over twenty five years in law enforcement putting people like you behind bars. I have never asked anyone in here for a penny and I never will. I enjoy exposing scammers and saving people from becoming victims. I have the honor of going toe to toe with many scammers and will not allow you to use the forums to lure victims.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Mar 21, 2016 07:46 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.