Harborside Resort at Atlantis

FoodStore2Go.com the trend for Harborside

Sep 28, 2011

Firstly, pack your own food. Cheapest that way. Second, you could have your taxi driver stop at the grocery on way in. Prices are about 15-25% higher than you are used to item to item in USA (give or take). Water and orange juice and milk (not from can) and other liquid items about 50-100% moree than used to in USA. I supposed cost to import heavy liquid passed on. Third, it seems like tons of people having their groceries deliverd to Harborside via foodstore2go.com. I did not use yet, but on last trip the truck was there daily unloading for guests. You meet truck at the time they give at check-in building. They do NOT take to room for you. I did see the luggage stewards for Harborside helping (and expecting a tip). A few wise folks brought their empty wheeled luggage to fill with food nd take back to room. The luggage carts get hogged when the truck arrives and if you having cases of water and soda and beer brought, it can be heavy to transport.

John C.
Oct 03, 2011

Hi John,

Your suggestions for dealing with groceries when visiting The Bahamas are great! If you have space in your bag, try to bring items that are imported to The Bahamas with you. You can ask your taxi to stop off at a grocery store on your way to the hotel from the airport. They do charge for stopping and waiting. Negotiate ahead of time to avoid being overcharged. There is also a shuttle from Harborside that will take you to the grocery store for $7 per person. You can shop online at FoodStore2Go.com before you arrive, and delivery is right to your room and unpacked as part of the service if your room is ready.

Jason S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.