Sailfish Yacht Club

Sailfish yacht club timeshare resort

Nov 25, 2011

I recently visited this timeshare. I was appalled at the condition of the place. The place has rusting appliances in the kitchen, yellowing lanolium floors, and only 1 small bathroom that opens to the livingroom and dining room. There was no washing machine in the room so you must pay $.50 cents to wash and $1 to dry.

Evelyn B.
Mar 21, 2012

While it may be true that the furnishings are not replaced until they are worn (rather than replaced for style), that's the sort of place it is. Everything works (even if some of the applicances are scheduled to be replaced soon). Exchangers who are "appalled" by the fact that the bathroom is off the living area should probably not stay here. At the very least they should stay in one of the one-bedroom units (of which there are only two).

Personally, I appreciate the cost-conscious approach to replacement of furnishings, and have more difficulty with resorts which replace the furniture, drapes and carpeting all at the same time. (At home, most of us replace the carpeting more often than the dining room set, and we replace the draperies more frequently than the carpeting.)

For those of us, who appreciate the fact that every unit has a balcony overlooking the harbor, the fact that we can watch dolphins from the balcony, enjoy a pool that is never overcrowded, and appreciate the friendliness of the owners, managers and guests, this is the place. Paying 50 cents for a load of laundry is a bargain, and to add to that, other guests often leave the remainder of a box of laundry detergent for general use, as well as charcoal for the grill, rather than take it back with them. Now THAT'S downright neighborly!

This is not a gold-crown resort, and does not attempt to be. We have stayed in many gold-crown resorts, and nevertheless my sons consider this one of their top favorite resorts. Being given the use of a crab trap and being taught how to trap crab off the dock by the assistant manager was more important to them than having a second bathroom. It all depends on what's important to you.

Susan B.

Last edited by susanc327 on Mar 21, 2012 05:09 AM

Aug 08, 2013

I am a bit nervous going there I own week 45. is it clean I don't mind old but clean yes, mattress lumpy? stained? etc. thank you Pam

Pam B.
Aug 08, 2013

I have not heard anyone complain about cleanliness. Rust, yes; dirt, no.

I'm going to paste in a review here by someone else in another forum:

"We came to fish and left disappointed, but this was not the fault of the resort, but rather the very cold weather. On the contrary the reception at the resort could not have been warmer. My car broke down 3 miles from the resort on our way there making it necessary to have my car towed to a dealer for repair. The new managers came and picked up those with me and most of our stuff and took them to their rooms. After the tow truck had left with my car, they returned and picked me up, with the rest of our stuff. Being the weekend my car could not be serviced until Monday, at which time they drove me 11 miles to pick up my car, and all this at no charge. Service doesn't get any better than that. The 2BR unit itself seemed small, but adequate. The kitchenette is tiny, but has everything you need. The unit was clean, but definately shows its age. It was in need of new furniture and carpets. The managers indicated that they were going to start upgrading units shortly as resorces permitted. The Monday morning welcome hour is one thing new guests should try to make. All the guest/owners get together for coffee and friendly conversation. Many own multible weeks and so are very familiar with the area. They can point you to the best places to eat and all the attractions. If you are looking for a resort with plenty of space and all the newest furnishings, this is not the place for you, but if you want a place thats reasonable, comfortable, convenient and that makes you feel welcome, this is the place. I'll be back." End Quote.

I never found the beds uncomfortable (there are twin beds in the second bedroom), or dishes dirty. However, with all the truly luxurious timeshares out there, I'm not terribly surprised that some people are disappointed. But if you read the comments carefully, some people are upset that the bathroom opens onto the end of the living room, that there's only one bathroom, etc. My advice: Try it. Just don't expect Disney, and you'll love it.

Susan B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.