Timeshare Companies

Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

May 15, 2015

Well, that's good that you are happy with your purchase. Did you know that you probably could have bought the same thing (less a few very insignificant perks) for a fraction of the cost on the resale market?

The problem that other owners have is that they were lied to at the sales presentations. They were told things that never transpired along the lines of "Great investment", "Great exchange opportunities", "Great potential for rental income", etc. On top of that, they realize later that they don't have the means and liberty to travel frequently enough to make owning a timeshare worthwhile.

But anyway, I'm glad you are enjoying your ownership.

Lance C.
May 17, 2015

I recently posted some questions regarding a timeshare purchase made at the Mayan in P.V.. Very shortly after I was contacted by Mark. He was VERY helpful, and in our conversation we discovered that what my husband and I felt to be true about our purchase was really not. He said they are committed to making the presentations on the up and up and doing away with the sales people who exaggerate the product. I believe they truly want to turn this around, as he has agreed to refund our money. It is a beautiful resort and I wish them luck with revamping the process. I am very satisfied with the response. Thank you Mark.

Susan N.

Last edited by susann187 on May 28, 2015 08:18 AM

May 23, 2015

take a look at Value Traders,Playa Del Carmen. they seem to act as an agent for Vida and Grand Mayan. i.e. they take your existing timeshare properties in trade. They put a deadline on the paperwork, i.e. deeds,titles etc. Securing these from distant locations is very time consuming,costly. they know this,so when an individual finally secures all the necessary papers and forwards them. You get a reply that the papers are either not in order,notarized correctly, or to late in filing. these people are very well organized, coached,in making you feel that you have done something wrong. G-d forbid,that you just got screwed without a kiss

Charles K.
May 26, 2015

We were misled as well. My biggest issue is the lie that was told regarding "no maintenance fees". This was a complete misrepresentation.

Maria M.

Last edited by phyl21 on May 29, 2015 10:35 PM

May 27, 2015

Did you get a refund? I just sent an email. Thanks.

Maria

Maria G.
May 27, 2015

Was this resolved? Did you get your money back? Thanks. Maria

Maria G.
May 27, 2015

So true

Maria G.
May 28, 2015

My issue was resolved.

Maria G.
May 28, 2015

Shill alert !!

Don P.
May 28, 2015

No Shill......very helpful...... I't's amazing that everyone on this site hasn't tried the mariam email.??????

Diane W.
May 28, 2015

This is how the shills work. One comes in claiming to have a solution and the other one confirms the scam. They won't say what they did. They want to isolate the next victim so they lure you to their email. NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can help you and don't fall for being sucked into an upgrade. If they ask for money run the other way. Make them state their claims in the open forum. I challenge Maria and Diane to state what they claim they can do for you right here in the forum. If they refuse then it's a SCAM !!!!!

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on May 28, 2015 02:01 PM

May 29, 2015

Ok Donp196.... I have followed your blogs for a while now and they all seem very negative. I understand your skepticism, anger, fear and frustration, as everyone on this blog has suffered a loss of some type. Perhaps you work for the company because this forum is not for us to attack each other. I challenge you to turn your bitterness into action and stop discouraging others to act. I also challenge you and others to send your email without fear of being lured into anything. No one will ask you or anyone else for upfront money or any upgrades. Whereas you feel that you have to give the other bloggers a lesson on scams, which we are all too familiar with, I have faith in the intellect of the bloggers that continue to reach out. Find out right this second for yourself or you are planted by the company!!!!

Diane W.
May 29, 2015

Blah Blah Blah. You haven't said a word about what your scam is. Take your scam somewhere else. People in here are too smart to fall for it. Of course you won't tell anyone what your scam is. You want to isolate them and gain their confidence before you tell them how much you are going to rip them off for. We've seen you scammers come in here to rip people off. Time to notify redweek of your scam. I warn people about you scammers. I have never tried to take someone's money like you do.

Don P.
May 30, 2015

I got lost in these posts but I did want to say that Vida will deal with unhappy relatively new owners who post negative online comments. Part of the "deal" is they can't disclose the deal. The other part of the deal is to remove as many of the negative posts as possible and in the end just say that it has been resolved to their satisfaction and to not post anything else. This is legitimate. Did they get back everything they paid to Vida, probably not. Did they have to pay any upfront fees to work this deal absolutely not. If you take a settlement with them and decide you don't like it later will the offer another deal, I doubt it. If you have owned for years and now realize you bought based on lies can you get out of it, probably not without a heck of a lot of concrete evidence beyond, he said, she said.

PROFECTO and dealing with the resort are the only know legitimate ways to settle or solve problems with Vida without being scammed again.

Tracey S.
May 30, 2015

it is becoming increasingly impossible to unscramble all the different messages posted concerning this very sad subject, as there is no way of FACT CHECKING. As l have stated before,go into any sales presentation expecting to get screwed in ways that are unimaginable. With that in mind, make them sweat,wet their pants, promise you Pie in the Sky and 1000 Virgins. Then walk away with your wallet and dignity.

Charles K.
May 30, 2015

I don't buy it Tracey. I'm sure nobody knew about the non disclosure closure clause that was in the contract until they had a problem. This is even more reason not to do business with a company that has a one sided contract . Even redweek agreed that it looked like a scam posting the email address and making it look like the company wasn't involved with the posts. If a company can't be transparent then run away as fast as you can.

Don P.
Jun 02, 2015

We were able to book But told Comments need to be deleted

Karen P.

Last edited by karenp498 on Oct 12, 2015 11:14 AM

Jun 19, 2015

Still trying to get my refund from these folks. They are quick to take your money but very slow to refund it. I was in my three day window to change my mind about this time share and they still haven't processed my refund!!!

This has been going on since April. Absolutely ridiculous

I would not recommend doing business with this company

Steven H.
Jul 08, 2015

Deleted

Sheryl R.

Last edited by sherylr59 on Jul 31, 2015 10:14 AM

Jul 22, 2015

My husband and I were also defrauded by Vita Vacations with worthless promises of travel to other locations besides Vida properties. Please let me know if there is a Class Action Lawsuit involving Vida Vacations.

Anita B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.