Timeshare Companies

Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

Mar 13, 2013

My issue has been satisfactorily resolved.

Robin K.

Last edited by robink129 on Mar 13, 2013 09:46 AM

Mar 13, 2013

danak and robink .... for future reference, could you please tell how your issues with Vida Vacations were resolved????

R P.
Mar 13, 2013

Hi,, I was wondering how they resolved your issue! Also how much did you end up paying for HSI? Did you find out if you have a membership with the Myan resorts? This happened to us, as well! I have to tell you, you will really like the HSI,,, depending on how much you had to pay in the beginning!

danak91 wrote:
They have resolved my issues.

Lin B.
Mar 20, 2013

As a long time owner with Mayan resorts, almost 25 years, I feel qualified in expressing the positive things about this company and my membership. Mayan has built many wonderful resorts just as they said they would, and most resorts in the exchange networks cannot even come close to their amenities and services. They keep adding more options so now our choices are unlimited if we want to trade. Our children were young when we bought and our grandchildren now travel with us. We have used t heir rental program for weeks we didn't use, and the money received was a nice plus. We followed the steps given to us, deposited our weeks early just like we do with RCI and have never had a problem. As long term members we have upgraded our membership twice and always received our full equity towards the upgrade. There are many happy members but it seems like the few unhappy ones post comments. I felt it was time for you to hear from the silent majority. I challenge you to google any major company and take a look.... If you want to find something negative you will.

Elaine A.
Mar 30, 2013

I think that they're victims of the bodysnatchers (salespeople). Their brains were eaten, one consequence being that they are programmed to post that their issues have been resolved.

My husband and I were victims, as well, of the high-pressure sales pitches. It took forever--about 3.5 hours (promised 1 1/2 hrs w/ breakfast). We'd also been promised a voucher for $150 off car rental--which we got, but not before being put through the wringer. We were forced to listen to about 5-6 pitches before they finally let us go. After having been released, we ran to the car as fast as we could, for fear that they'd try again to part us from our money. I felt like a wolf caught in a trap. I wanted to gnaw my foot off so that I could escape. I'm just so happy we didn't give in to the scam.

jayjay wrote:
danak and robink .... for future reference, could you please tell how your issues with Vida Vacations were resolved????

Christina P.
Mar 30, 2013

The company was very cooperative and our issues and everything was explained to our satisfaction. We have no complaints with this company now or in the future.

Dana K.
Mar 31, 2013

danak91 wrote:
The company was very cooperative and our issues and everything was explained to our satisfaction. We have no complaints with this company now or in the future.

Sorry, you didn't say HOW your issues were resolved .... until you do I'd say you're a shill.

R P.
Mar 31, 2013

elainea76 wrote:
As a long time owner with Mayan resorts, almost 25 years, I feel qualified in expressing the positive things about this company and my membership. Mayan has built many wonderful resorts just as they said they would, and most resorts in the exchange networks cannot even come close to their amenities and services. They keep adding more options so now our choices are unlimited if we want to trade.

Well, I'm glad you're happy with your ownership. I'm sure there are many nice things about the resort and area.

The complaint many people have, however, is with the sales people and presentations. Since the salespeople are the first things or people they see at the resort, that's what usually gives the bad impression about the resort.

It's been suggested many times that the timeshare industry could clean up its act and reputation by drastically altering its typical sales methods.

Lance C.
Mar 31, 2013

Apparently you can't speak much english or you would post the issues they resolved and how they did it. I agree that you are a shill for the company. There are so many scams involving Mexican timeshares. Anyone getting involved with these people deserves to lose their money after reading all the negative stories. You have a better chance of winning the Nigerian lottery than getting any assistance from these scammers.

Don P.
Mar 31, 2013

"Awesome Lady", and I, are so-called "owners" at PV Grand Bliss.

We just returned from a trip to PV and the requisite breakfast "update" meeting.

After a couple of hours the Salesperson just said, "We should just part as friends." and we left. They would definitely have liked us more if we had purchased more.

But, we have already been "sold" more than we should have "bought" already.

One other couple told us that their Salesperson just scrumpled up the papers, threw them in the garbage (the papers!), and left them sitting at the table!!!

Min I.
Apr 02, 2013

My issues were many but after six months and the help of Lance Dobbs Vita Sales , I have a better outcome than I expected after I realized I was very much lead astray at a Vida Sales presentation. Please understand the written document is the only truth and can be recinded in a five day period only. The place is nice, get it if you want but only buy what you will use. There were no magic golfers.

Katherine M.

Last edited by katherinem161 on Oct 14, 2013 01:55 PM

Apr 03, 2013

katherinem161 wrote:
VIDA SCAM, GRAND MAYAN RIVIERA 1/14/2013 TIMESHARE PURCHASE

We were in a bait and switch, also: "we will mail you these copies of contract, too heavy to carry on airplane." was the exact phrase last spoken to us from the VIDA sales staff. We are high end elite premier status with Hilton Timeshare. We explained we did not have means to purchase more. Well , they supposedly bought back the Hilton and would rent our enormous purchase with them to golfers for 10 years, essentially paying the note for $56,000 off :then profit for us for 5 years! In return they would provide 4 annual weeks for this deal for 10 years. All without fees or taxes. Dalia Venckauskas from Vida ( Grand Mayan Riveria) was so nice she got us into the LUXE for the remainder of our stay as the "BACK TO THE CARRIBIAN' time share "come on people' lead us to accommodations fit only for cattle without the need for morning coffee or even a coffee pot . When I awaken at 4 AM I really need the coffee. Dalia even bought us coffee cups and a pound of nice ground coffee! Well to summarize:

$795.00 BACK TO THE CARRIBEA $ 28,837.0O DOWN PAYMENT ON 8 MASTER SUITS. $ 1839.00 FEB AND MARCH PAYMENT ON 8 MASTER SUITS WITH $ 86,514 BALANCE DUE. HILTON ??? NO RETURN OF PROPERTY, I AM THE OWNER OF THIS TOO!

We were naturally credited for the value of our Hilton and continue to pay on it. ( 2 -2 BDR Kings Land HI, and 2- 1 BDR Myrtle Beach SC ) Looks like the company acquires the property does a write off for devaluation, uses the credits and pays sales people a lot of money to lie through their teeth. We even had to practice for the recording: when asked could you afford this property; I said NO not unless you buy Hilton and give us the $1800.00 a month as the golfers will be using this. We were told only to say YES. We were compliant. We are simple people from Oklahoma and could appreciate a resort vacation in a nice location. I don't know how to proceed. Is there anything that can be done. I still have no contract and have no numbers to get in contact with VIDA at the Grand Mayan. Riviera. I also don't understand the telephone number system to dial to Mexico from Oklahoma. You have my permission to post this as a notice to other people who may be inflicted with deception in Mexico. Perhaps the VIDA groupo Mayan people will see fit to make this right. I will indeed advertise and may be provided with 16 weeks a year in which I can personally speak to prospective clients of VIDA while enjoying a nice resort. I wake up early; except not in the case of bait and switch as presented by GrupoMayan and its affiliates.

P:S: Did receive email from Grand Myan, we still own Hilton, bought big in Mayan, and nope... no golfers. If anyone on earth has the same misfortune and is so stupid, please get ahold of us, we have 6 month a year to time share now and would like to be entertained by others like us.

You need to file a complaint with PROFECO (the consumer advocacy agency in Mexico) ..... you can google for contact info.

R P.
Apr 16, 2013

Vidal/Grand Mayan is a fraudulent group who will tell you anything just to get you to buy.nwe were told both of our other time shares could ge sold through one of several brokers they gave us to contact. That connection and company is also fraudulent. Do not believe anything the sales people tell you. We are looking into suing.

Ernest A.
Apr 16, 2013

ernesta28 wrote:
We are looking into suing.

Just be careful not to invest too much money into this venture. I don't believe I have heard any stories of successfully suing timeshare companies.

That being said, watch out for so-called law firms who have a field day with people like you who are eager to sue and then they collect hefty upfront fees saying that these are needed for legal expenses.

Lance C.
Apr 27, 2013

Just got back from PV and Vida's Grand Luxx. Beautiful resort. Ended up really enjoying our 5 days there. Stunning properties and rooms. Kept telling my wife, "spared no expense." Loved the Santuario. BUT, we also fell for the sales presentation. I'm in advertising and run a business, and am a pretty seasoned biz guy and negotiator. But after 4 hours, my mind was addled. Pricing started at $200k plus $1500 maintenance per week and you had to pay for 4. But then ONLY if you actually stayed there. And then they would buy my Hyatt timeshare for 2X what I paid and apply that. Then (after saying no, no, no), "Hey, we happen to have a foreclosure!" Wow, price cut in half. Then they proposed buying my Hyatt timeshare (for $60k), giving me the cash, then giving me my timeshare back for $1 because they wanted to take a tax loss. At this point I'm just wearing this big ole grin because I've never seen so many sales gyrations in my life. And well, that's just a huge red flag that everything they're saying is crapola. At five hours our refrain: "We just want to leave." Yes, we went thru four rounds of checking out. "We just want to leave." I seriously thought we were going to be physically assaulted at the end by bouncers or worse. Hey, I'm 46 and still in the Marine Reserve. Just sayin. Vida is seriously aggressive, shape shifters, and I highly recommend avoiding them. Also, as an ad guy, they are in the process of overbuilding at their complex in PV while the demographics suggest a drop in buyers sometime soon, so someone is going to get stuck without a chair when the hoopla music ends and prices crash. When we were there, it was maybe 20% full. We'd go back to the resort. Service was phenomenal. Food was phenomenal. Delivers on the experience. Know that food/bev prices are higher than in the states. We went out to town to avoid $150+ USD dinners. And Vida should seriously be ashamed of their behavior and lack of ethics. But then again, a sucker is born everyday, si?

Mike S.
Apr 28, 2013

mikes1268 wrote:
Just got back from PV and Vida's Grand Luxx. Beautiful resort. Ended up really enjoying our 5 days there. Stunning properties and rooms. Kept telling my wife, "spared no expense." Loved the Santuario. BUT, we also fell for the sales presentation. I'm in advertising and run a business, and am a pretty seasoned biz guy and negotiator. But after 4 hours, my mind was addled. Pricing started at $200k plus $1500 maintenance per week and you had to pay for 4.

Nobody in their right mind would pay $200K initially for any timeshare plus $1500 X 4 (4 weeks of maintenance fees). I would have said 'no thanks' right off the bat and I would have immediately stood up and left.

No trinkets, tickets to shows/entertainment venues or cash is worth 5 or more hours of hell = a timeshare presentation.

R P.
May 03, 2013

our contract #'s 890425---890426 dated 04/17/2013 agreement # NGGT0151

cancelled in person 04/18/2013

Charles K.
May 09, 2013

l would advise the next poor soul that goes to a grand mayan sales presentation, bring a DEA "sniffer dog". They sure put something in the air to lull normal intelligent people into their deal. PT Barnum is alive and well in Puerto vallarta. Charlie the sucker- schmuck-gringo tourista- bird brain and generally pissed off old white guy.

Charles K.
Jun 05, 2013

Well: today we received notification from Visa that our dispute had been settled, and our account had been credited. So be advised pay only by credit card, it will be your only safeguard againest certain sales practices. It is certainly a very beautiful and worthwhile place to vacation, with absolutly the best of everything. The only drawback are the Greatwhite Sharks dressed as sales representatives.

Charles K.
Jun 12, 2013

I made a terrible mistake by allowing myself to be conned into purchasing membership in Mayan Palace. The saleman told us many things that turned out to be untrue. We should do something against those crooks.

Becca P.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jun 12, 2013 08:30 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.