Timeshare Companies

Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

Aug 18, 2014

Issues resolved.

Page B.

Last edited by pageb2 on Sep 07, 2014 06:12 PM

Aug 20, 2014

I just signed up Vida Vacations and glad I read this. I am still in my rescind period. I dont see any instructions on how to rescind in my docs that they gave me but I have sent an email already and will send snail mail with receipt tomorrow.

Jerome W.
Aug 21, 2014

I have been a "timeshare voyeur" for the last 10 months, as friends have gone through different episodes with different timeshare companies. Yesterday, I saw this video www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0KXGFzb5dA for the first time and I was stunned. It was released in July, but already has 2000 views. It details the tactics used by Vida, when selling their product. I can start to understand why they are chasing down critics, and trying to keep them quiet. They are trying to put their fingers in the proverbial "dike" of public opinion. If you have done business with Vida, this is pretty interesting stuff.

John I.
Aug 21, 2014

jeromew29 wrote:
I dont see any instructions on how to rescind in my docs that they gave me..

Look very thoroughly. Sometimes the instructions are on a disk. Sometimes they are hidden very carefully. It will be well worth your while to search high and low for these and then follow them very carefully and precisely.

Lance C.
Aug 22, 2014

@ johni116, and anyone that is interested, I watched the first fifteen minutes of that video, laughed out loud - really, when I recognized the guy from Nuevo V.

The process is exactly the way it shows in the vid. I specially like the term "trick-f**k" They make no excuses about their actions.

I think he was even wearing the same shirt!!!

Gordon E.
Aug 22, 2014

Gordon, if you can stand to go further, you will see explanations of "rent for profit," bonus weeks, and 25 vs. 10 year contracts. These people are ingenious - but not in a nice way.

John I.
Aug 26, 2014

obviously juliem 757, got the same message that we received. We will make a better/best/greatest deal, just take down your negative post.

Charles K.
Aug 29, 2014

No issues

Mike K.

Last edited by mikee007 on Sep 05, 2014 09:45 AM

Sep 03, 2014

The 'squeaky wheel' gets the grease .... kudos to you for not giving up.

R P.
Sep 03, 2014

Chances are he accepted a phoney upgrade to the NEXT level!!

Ex-Employee Dave

Dave P.
Sep 03, 2014

I am willing to `cut some slack` about this one.

We will never really know how these episodes actually play out. I cannot envision an agreement such as this ever becoming public knowledge. And, why should it?

The shame of it is that there should be no need to make these types of agreements.

Gordon E.
Sep 05, 2014

I have worked with several people at Vida the last month and they have resolved my issues.

Jim M.
Sep 05, 2014

It looks like the internet is working. Posting on sites like this one is getting results. The more we let the public know what the resorts are doing the more they are willing to settle disputes. Keep up the good work.

Don P.
Sep 18, 2014

I'm glad to see many of you came to a good resolution when it came to your issues with this company! I so wish I had done more research before falling into the trap! I will say, as a timeshare owner, I enjoyed my stay at the Grand Mayan resort in PV and had all intentions of staying again until I was not only duped out of an entire day of timeshare badgering, a few thousand dollars for a stupid vacation package scam! After a tiring 6 hour day of presentation and offer and offer, the only way to get released was to finalize my day with a few more questions on how my day had been and to apologize if the presenter became rude when I said no for the final time. At that time, once he gained my compassion, I was presented one last opportunity to get in on a foreclosure deal-at such a great price and they were throwing in all 5 years worth of weeks upfront for me to use at any time, who could turn this down? With this "vacation package", ( I later found out that's what it was!) I and my 3 other guests were told that we could merely scour Expedia, find a 4 star hotel we wanted to stay, call the concierge and for just my week and $399 it was guaranteed!! Not the case at all! After I got home and started reading the reviews, and none were positive, so I called myself. Everything was a lie-they took my money and others and nobody is benefitting from the package. The resort you "buy into" never has rooms available for the time you want to go, the weeks they give you have to be booked no more than 90 days out and the "unlimited hotels and resorts" is a bunch of bull!! You must choose from a very small list of resorts they have on hand. I will NEVER vacation at a VIDA resort again-they are a bunch of crooks who prey on good people!

Dee W.
Sep 25, 2014

I am VERY interested in your settlement terms with this company as I am having the same issues/headaches/loss of hard earned money. Please let me know if you can or are willing to share this info. Hope it worked out.

Sharon

judyl254 wrote:
I am currently retracting my statement of Grand Mayan due a resolution between the the company and I. I will let you guys know if this turns out well.

Sharon V.
Oct 22, 2014

Sharon, just keep pounding away, find every complaint site you can and let the Mayan know its you. God forbid they let the truth about their scam spread.

John W.
Oct 23, 2014

Any issues with this resort have been resolved.

Jay N.

Last edited by jayn51 on Oct 24, 2014 12:42 PM

Oct 24, 2014

How long ago was this? You still have time to rescend the contract within 7 days i believe.

Jerome W.
Oct 24, 2014

The above matter has been fully and satisfactorily resolved. I would like to retract my previous post.

Jay N.
Oct 27, 2014

I am bringing my complaint here too raise awareness about whats going on at Vida Vacation. I made the mistake of believing what my sales rep told me. I told them we had 2 week with Shell Vacations that we rarely used. They told me of a plan that many of their memebers use – it was we could sell our Shell through a broker they recommended and get money for those. Then whatever weeks we didn’t use from Vida could be rented out through the same broker. A year and a half later nothing has happened i feel like fool because I believed them, I couldn’t imagine how the developer Sr. Daniel Chavez would allow his sales people to do such things. But after reviewing the internet, sadly I’m not alone- I have just seen the Youtube video “The Philanthropist and his Mayan Empire”- I’m originally from Guadalajara and its sad for me as a Mexican to see how a man capable of such greatness has allowed this.

Elvira F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.