Timeshare Companies

Timeshare Adventure Cancellation Program

Dec 29, 2011

I am being contacted by this company offering to provide legal assistance to cancel my Diamond Resorts International membership. They say this is through some sort of owners advocacy group. The premise is that they probably broke state real estate laws when they sold it to me. There is an up front fee, I am sure. See http://www.timeshareadventures.com/cancel.php.

I see many negative comments about this company for their resale program is this just the latest shark attack? Has anybody been successful with this?

Bob

Robert R.
Dec 30, 2011

robertr558 wrote:
I am being contacted by this company offering to provide legal assistance to cancel my Diamond Resorts International membership. They say this is through some sort of owners advocacy group. The premise is that they probably broke state real estate laws when they sold it to me. There is an up front fee, I am sure. See http://www.timeshareadventures.com/cancel.php.

I see many negative comments about this company for their resale program is this just the latest shark attack? Has anybody been successful with this?

Bob

This is one of many scams out there preying on desperate timeshare owners. The only way to cancel is to rescind within your allotted time. That's anywhere from 3-10 days depending on the state.

If you want to get rid of your ownership, try selling it or giving it away.

Lance C.
Dec 30, 2011

Anytime they ask for an upfront fee it's a SCAM. If they contacted you then it's another indicator that it's a SCAM. I was able to get rid of two timeshares this year by just simply contacting my home resort and making arrangements for them to take them back with a quit calim deed. It was quick and easy and only a minimal expense. Try that first and if that doesn't work try listing them at this site or another for a bargain basement price. You might also offer to pay all closing costs as an incentive. Good luck.

Don P.
Dec 30, 2011

Actually I saw a Google ad on this site and contacted them. Some weeks later they followed up with this offer. Bill Kelso said no up front fees but then sent an email that said it would cost $2995. I am not desperate but I can see where this is going with DRI. Fees will keep going up and it is already costing me more in maintenance fees than it is worth.

I think these timeshare companies have pretty much figured out how to screw you legally and the chance of breaking the deal based on coercion or whatever is based on your testimony while they have all the documents in order. For example, one clause I found says that you can't rely on anything they told you if it is not in the documents. That's a license to lie.

I think this is looking like a shark attack. But if they are so confident of success I will offer to give them any amount they recover but no up front fees!

Robert R.
Jan 12, 2012

website down. lol

Steve P.
Jan 13, 2012

stevep376 wrote:
website down. lol

I find the site working.

Robert R.
Jan 18, 2012

For customer service issues. Chargebacks started rolling in and they put the site back up.

Steve P.
Jan 25, 2012

lancec13 wrote:
robertr558 wrote:

Bob

This is one of many scams out there preying on desperate timeshare owners. The only way to cancel is to rescind within your allotted time. That's anywhere from 3-10 days depending on the state.

Robert-These people are not telling you the truth. I believed all the things they said for too long.....there is a way out. I got one cancelled and had another deed transferred on one I inherited. These people that run this site work for the timeshare companies. Doesn't it make sense that they would want you to believe there is nothing you can do? GIVE IT AWAY? SERIOUSLY? Robert, buying a TS was a stupid act on my part. To get out you have to pay a "stupid tax". Do your homework and find a company you can trust. If you listen to these "Timeshare Professionals" you will still have your problem years from now and the TS company will have more and more of your money.

James B.
Jan 27, 2012

jamesb1029 wrote:
lancec13 wrote:
robertr558 wrote:

Bob

Robert-These people are not telling you the truth. I believed all the things they said for too long.....there is a way out. I got one cancelled and had another deed transferred on one I inherited. These people that run this site work for the timeshare companies. Doesn't it make sense that they would want you to believe there is nothing you can do? GIVE IT AWAY? SERIOUSLY? Robert, buying a TS was a stupid act on my part. To get out you have to pay a "stupid tax". Do your homework and find a company you can trust. If you listen to these "Timeshare Professionals" you will still have your problem years from now and the TS company will have more and more of your money.

The people that run Redweek do not work for timeshare companies .... Redweek is a privately owned timeshare ad site (buying, selling and renting), period, nothing more nothing less.

We forum members are in no way involved with timeshare companies nor are we employed by Redweek .... we are merely timeshare owners or former timeshare owners.

What we do here is to try to educate people on the subject of timeshare and all the scams out there involving such.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jan 27, 2012 07:34 AM

Jan 31, 2012

jayjay wrote:
jamesb1029 wrote:
lancec13 wrote:
robertr558 wrote:

Bob

The people that run Redweek do not work for timeshare companies .... Redweek is a privately owned timeshare ad site (buying, selling and renting), period, nothing more nothing less.

We forum members are in no way involved with timeshare companies nor are we employed by Redweek .... we are merely timeshare owners or former timeshare owners.

What we do here is to try to educate people on the subject of timeshare and all the scams out there involving such.

BLAH BLAH BLAH....has anyone noticed if you take RedWeeks advice you will keep your timeshare...or give it away? Most Timeshare companies have first right of refusal. You can't give it away if they will not let you.

Are you telling me you do all this for the good of humanity? That is a good one JJ.

SHILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

James B.

Last edited by jamesb1029 on Jan 31, 2012 04:11 PM

Feb 01, 2012

jamesb1029 wrote:
BLAH BLAH BLAH....has anyone noticed if you take RedWeeks advice you will keep your timeshare...or give it away? Most Timeshare companies have first right of refusal. You can't give it away if they will not let you.

Are you aware of how Right of First Refusal (ROFR) works? It means that if an owner comes to an agreement, including selling price, with someone to sell it to him, then the resort, if it feels the price is to low, can choose to exercise ROFR and buy it back from the owner for a heftier price.

Some resorts do have this right but not often do they exercise this right. There's a big difference between having the right and exercising it. Even if the resort exercises that right, the owner is free from ownership because the resort just bought it back from him.

So the resort can not stop an owner from giving his timeshare away. The one problem that is surfacing as of late is when owners pay these LLC companies or charities to take over ownership and then the new owner (the LLC or charity) deliberately defaults on the maintenance fees so as to send the timeshare into foreclosure. If/When that happens, the resort (or its HOA) can't stop the transfer but it can sue for fraudulent conveyance. Regardless, a resort can not stop an owner from giving his property to another willing taker ROFR notwithstanding.

Lance C.
Feb 01, 2012

jamesb1029 wrote:

Are you telling me you do all this for the good of humanity? That is a good one JJ.

SHILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As lance stated above there were very few timeshare brands that exercise ROFR (I don't know of any currently). Marriott formerly exercised ROFR but discontinued when the economy went sour.

James, you evidently know absolutely nothing about the subject of timeshares ... that's quite obvious by your ignorant posts .... you are completely clueless.

R P.
Feb 02, 2012

jayjay wrote:
jamesb1029 wrote:

SHILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As lance stated above there were very few timeshare brands that exercise ROFR (I don't know of any currently). Marriott formerly exercised ROFR but discontinued when the economy went sour.

James, you evidently know absolutely nothing about the subject of timeshares ... that's quite obvious by your ignorant posts .... you are completely clueless.

You seem to "know" too much about the TS industry. Just another reason I and others know you are a

SHILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

James B.
Feb 02, 2012

Jayjay I think Jamesb is DRK in disguise.

Don P.
Feb 03, 2012

donp196 wrote:
Jayjay I think Jamesb is DRK in disguise.

I've thought the very same thing ..... same old spiel.

R P.
Oct 31, 2013

I have used this service, however they hired another company to do the cancellation which took 8 months. There is however a lot of paperwork but my timeshare was cancelled. I have a bad report on my credit and am trying to get this resolved with this company which is part of the service. All in all It was worth the money I paid, which was substantial, to get rid of it.

Char M.
Nov 01, 2013

charm19 wrote:
There is however a lot of paperwork but my timeshare was cancelled.

Make sure you don't confuse terminology here. The company did not "cancel" your timeshare. You owned a piece of real estate. It's like owning a condo. If you no longer want to own it, you have to sell it or give it away.

What this company did was likely one of three things:

1) It listed the timeshare on E-bay or other timeshare sales outlets for a dollar (and probably even paid closing costs) and found someone to buy it from you essentially.

2 ) it is running that ever-hated Viking Ship scheme where it transferred the deed into a shell corporation, bankrupted the corporation, and let all of its "assets" be seized and distributed. Since no one wanted it, the resort had no recourse but to foreclose and repossess it.

3) It simply asked the resort to take the deed back and the resort accepted, albeit likely very reluctantly.

But no, this company did not "cancel" your timeshare. It may look that way to you but the company simply found a new owner for it.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.