Timeshare Companies

Stay PC Rentals question

Mar 29, 2017

Just wondering if anyone has had a problem renting their Hawaii timeshare thru them. They have contacted me for my Hilton property. Stay PC Rentals is not a BBB accredited business so I'm a little hesitant. Any help would be appreciated.

Gp C.
Mar 29, 2017

Navid D.

Last edited by navidd on Mar 29, 2017 11:50 AM

Mar 29, 2017

Everything went fine and I was happy to use them.

The only downside was that I had lowered my rental amount since I wasn't getting any interest, and they came in at the lower amount and asked if it was available and I rented it to them. I'd use them again and everything was perfect.

They paid me through PayPal, like I asked. I even called them to verify they were legit.

navidd wrote:
I was just contacted yesterday for my Aruba Surf Club that I posted on Redweek. I was suspicious too, which is how I came across this discussion forum.

I did some investigating and found them to be legitimate. They sent over a contract which I reviewed thoroughly and found to be reasonable. They paid me in full via PayPal. I told them I will have to wait 3-5 days before the funds clear and are transferred and available in my bank account, and they were perfectly ok with that and thanked me for keeping them in the loop.

They've sent me the guest's contact information for me to add to the registration once that's done. So, so far so good. I'll update once the transaction is complete. But they've paid me as promised.

Smooth sailing so far.

toml151 wrote:
I was contacted by a representative from Stay PC , a timeshare rental middleman, about renting my unit that is listed on Redweek. He is contacting me on behalf of another client he has. Are these third party transactions safe in general and does anyone have experience as an owner renting to Stay PC specifically?

Navid D.
Mar 29, 2017

Yes. See my note below.

I would use them again and I was happy with the transaction. I was not charged any fees. They paid what I had posted my timeshare rental for, for their customer.

I do not know what they charged that customer, or how they made their money, because what I was asking was about $200-$300 under the rest of the average rentals ask prices for my Aruba Marriott Timeshare for that timeframe.

gitac2 wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has had a problem renting their Hawaii timeshare thru them. They have contacted me for my Hilton property. Stay PC Rentals is not a BBB accredited business so I'm a little hesitant. Any help would be appreciated.

Navid D.
Mar 29, 2017

thank you for your immediate response and sharing your experience with them. I will follow your suit and wait for payment to clear before adding the guest and confirming. Appreciate it!

Gp C.
Feb 12, 2018

StayPC just rented my Maui Ocean Club week from me. They saw the add on Redweek.com. The transaction was professional, prompt and simple. I selected the PayPal method and had my money within 24 hours. Several years ago, I rented my week through a different travel agent and it was not a pleasant experience. I eventually received my money but it took almost 3 weeks. If StayPC contacts me in the future about a week I have listed, I will gladly do business with them.

Daniel G.
May 12, 2018

I am a Marriott owner and listed my week on Redweek. I had traded for Newport Villas, but 6 weeks out determined could not make the vacation so I posted at the lowest price for the same week in that resort. Someone posted over me for $50 less, so I droped my price $150. The next day I was contacted by StayPC with a buyer for my week. They provided a simple 3 page contract and handled all of the financing. The buyer paid using an ACH / bank direct deposit. Of note, a line in their contract reads: "StayPC also agrees to be responsible for any incidentals and/or damages for which the resort is unable to collect from the guest’s authorized credit card." Also, there is a spot stating that if one uses PayPal for the transaction, a 1099 will be issued to the seller from StayPC. However in speaking with them, a 1099 is issued only if someone does $20,000 in business with them in a year.

Overall I am very happy with their service. if I ever list a week again on Redweek, I think I will also call them and sell to the "highest bidder". In my opinion, they fill a unique niche... they serve non-tech people that want human interaction to rent timeshare weeks. So for them it is easy to surf Redweek or other sites to find deals and be the middleman, while providing a secure contract / payment source for the transaction. I found the folks at StayPC to be extremely friendly, knowledgable, and easy to deal with—a great experience!

Gary M.
May 12, 2018

The only thing I disagree with is the reporting the income . I have always reported the income and usually I am issued a 1099 . You can off set that with your expenses including maintenance fees . At most your only talking a nominal tax and that isn't worth worrying about the IRS inquiring about it down the road .

Don P.
May 12, 2018

Yes. They are legitimate and I had a good experience with them renting my Aruba Aurf Club Property.

anna76 wrote:
Hi I just saw your message. They contacted me tonight regarding my timeshare at the Atlantis. So they are a legitimate company.

Anna

Navid D.
Aug 22, 2018

I've used Stay PC a few times rent my Newport Coast Marriott time share. It was a positive experience. I would use them again.

Susan F.
Oct 19, 2018

They have rented my unit for me several times. They are very easy to work with and I got paid promtly by them each time.

Fred B.
Nov 06, 2018

Just to follow up on Stay PC as I have replied in the past. They are TOTALLY legit. I have rented with them many times with great results. Their web site Vacation Candy will rent your unit with one of their clients and charge a mark up for their fee. I don't care what they charge because they rented my unit for my price good for them. Everyone wins, I do, they do , and their renter wins renting a unit far below what they could get from the developer.

Mark B

Mark B.
Mar 17, 2019

I was contacted by Vacation Crew to rent my unit. Then, I received an email that had the name StayPC on it. The next one had Vacation Candy on it. And, each email had a different representative's name on it. I came here to search if they were legitimate and saw positive feedback. I had a very good experience, beside for a miscommunication, which caused a little issue but they made it right. They have excellent customer service and you can tell they really try to make you happy (very professional). I'd originally thought it sounded like it was too good to be true but it all worked out and they even told me, after this transaction was complete, that they had another transaction with me back in 2013, which I didn't recall. I just wanted to let anyone know, who's looking for information about them, they're legit and good. I have some strange hours I keep and they basically replied to me around the clock and every day, including weekends (late at night, too).

Barrie W.
Dec 22, 2019

How long ago did you work with stay pc I had a positive experience in 2015 and am thinking about listing my timeshare again

Nancy B.
Dec 23, 2019

Hi Nancy, I worked with them last year and several years before. They are totally legit and a great company to work for. Everything, and I mean everything turned out great and everything they said was true. I'd work with them in a second. Only reason I did not use them this year is that I used more of my weeks this year and I rented the others very quickly and so there were no weeks available. Good luck.

Mark

Mark B.
Dec 23, 2019

Thank you!

Nancy B.

Last edited by phyl21 on Dec 23, 2019 08:37 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.