Galleon Bay Club

Board and Mgt company trying to pull a scam on timeshare owners

Jan 10, 2012

GBCCA and ICS management are conspiring to take over ownership of all remaining timeshare ownership and sell the whole units with the profit made going into their pocket. DO NOT sign over your ownership for NOTHING!!!!

Donald G.
Jan 17, 2012

donaldg43 wrote:
GBCCA and ICS management are conspiring to take over ownership of all remaining timeshare ownership and sell the whole units with the profit made going into their pocket. DO NOT sign over your ownership for NOTHING!!!!

Donald, I received a deedback request as well. is there anything we can do to stop this? do you have any advice?

Carlos B.
Jan 17, 2012

I'm suing them in small claims court in Cameron County for loss of the use of my week.

Donald G.
Feb 03, 2012

We just spoke with an officer in the Police Department on South Padre Island. She was not aware of what has happened at the Galleon Bay. We are working with the Investigating Officer in the process of determining if there are any criminal charges that should be forwarded to the Cameron County DA Office for criminal investigation. Have you requested the Tax statements for your unit from the Port Isabel Tax Office? The ICS Management Corporation collected funds from us for our unit EVERY year, but ONLY paid taxes on our unit every THIRD year for over a decade. You may want to contact the South Padre Island Police Department at (956) 761-5454 with your information.

Bryan F.
Feb 03, 2012

We have owned a Timeshare at Galleon Bay Club for ten years which is managed by ICS Management. This year we received our owners invoice which had several new charges. One particular was a Property Tax Debt for $1095.31. This caused us to call the Cameron County tax office and found out that ICS management had not been paying the property taxes for several years. Due to this delinquent tax debt Cameron county was putting the property up for auction. Now ICS management is trying to force owners to pay their taxes from the past years AGAIN or face foreclosure. Also they have nearly doubled the 2012 maintenance fee compared to past years. This year our owner invoice is for $3095.31 which usually runs around $800. They are however in lieu of paying these fraudulent charges offering owners the chance to deed back their timeshare to ICS. Our deed is paid in full and we have always paid our taxes as billed. Now ICS management is tiring to scam owners into paying their taxes twice. They pocketed or mismanaged the money we had paid prior. This is embezzlement someone should go to jail ! Also make complaints to the BBB.

Ron W.
Jun 19, 2012

donaldg43 wrote:
Please contact me on this situation vasservices@hotmail.com . I feel we have been misrepresented in this matter and would like to talk to as many people as possible.

Ian S.
Jan 29, 2013

Is anyone actively trying to sue asssociation or directors? if so please contact me at 956 761 1222 I am not a lawyer. I am a property manager at Galleon Bay for last year. Brent

Brent L.
Jan 29, 2013

call me if you are serious about suiing them. i am the property manager that has been there the last year. Brent 956 761 1222

Brent L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.