Sheraton Broadway Resort Villas

High maintenance fees at Broadway Plantation

Jan 11, 2012

The maintenance fees have skyrocketed in the last 2 years at Sheraton Broadway Plantation. I do not understand why because we have another comparable 2 bedroom unit at Sheraton Vistana Resort in Florida and the fees are about $300 less. Does anyone know why? I love the resort but there needs to be better management of the funds as an increase of over 15% a year is outrageous. No wonder so many people are unable to keep up with the fees...

Patricia S.
Feb 16, 2012

I was told it is because of the renovations and enough funds were not allocated. It should be nearing the end.

Joanne B.
Feb 17, 2012

Did you hear this from management and did they tell you they would lower fees once the renovations are complete? At Vistana, they would add a separate fee for renovations for a period of 2 or 3 years but when SBP sends the bill, it is all one fee with no mention of renovations.... Thanks for your reply... You give me hope for some relief!

Patricia S.
Feb 17, 2012

I did hear it from management. They did not budget sufficient funds for renovation. I upgraded to Orlando to get more staroptions, but am now considering buying another unit in SC to use the facilities as we bought a house there.

Joanne B.
Feb 18, 2012

Thanks for answering..I may be selling one of our 2 bedrooms--both even years-- at SBP as I bought a second one resale Jan 2011 with the idea my whole family could go and use 2 units the same week...No one can ever get away the same time plus the maintenance fees are high...Adding in distance and gas prices makes it more difficult for my children. So I have the other week for rent right now and we are using one unit in March...

Patricia S.
Feb 19, 2012

I am now considering a property there on resale. Then I could use the facilities as an owner, with a residence in Surfside Beach.

Joanne B.
Feb 24, 2012

Just bought one for $100, much better than the Sheraton Sales person.

Joanne B.
Feb 24, 2012

Congratulations! That is a great buy... We bought our three timeshares on ebay at good prices but the prices are really low now...

Patricia S.
Jul 04, 2012

thats what we want to do buy atsbp an move to mb an use the amenites jim

Jim B.
Jul 05, 2012

Great idea if your home will be close enough to simply "hop over" to use the amenities. Then, the maintenance fee is like a membership in the Y. Are there any restrictions on use of amenities at times when you do not have a reservation?

Judi M.
Jul 21, 2012

Agree.

Desarie T.

Last edited by desariet on Nov 16, 2012 06:50 PM

Jul 22, 2012

We were there in March and I believe all the units were being refurbished and should be done by now.. Our unit's furnishings were fine and we had no problem with them.. Unit had a table that seats 6 (2 br unit). Our main complaint is the lack of a deli or restaurant on premises... When you don't want to go off premises and are hanging at the pool or property, it would help to have the pool snack bar open year round or have a deli or restaurant to be able to get a bite to eat...

I agree that the game room needs to be larger.. There is a dvd player in the room and I think SBP has movies available for rent....

We love going there and always enjoy our stay....Am waiting to see what happens with the maintenance fees now that the refurbishment is done...

Patricia S.
Oct 19, 2012

joanneb252 wrote:
I did hear it from management. They did not budget sufficient funds for renovation. I upgraded to Orlando to get more staroptions, but am now considering buying another unit in SC to use the facilities as we bought a house there.

Don't buy one you can have mine!! have an odd year with weeks 1, 7,8, 44-46,48, 51-53 available to choose from. maintenance fees here are ridiculous.

Charles G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.