Timeshare Companies

El Cid a complete scam

Jan 12, 2012

we were scam by El Cid Resorts, they sold us a membership with false promises and lies. they promise us we could trouble anywhere in the world, however when I went online to check the places we could go to its really limited and that is where I realize everything they told us was a complete lie. the sales man promises us to help us rent out our unit for profit and paid off our membership, we never hear from him ever again. I have try several times to contact the resort via email or phone and got no answer from them. we are tired out of our minds with this so call membership, we want out and we want our money back!

Rosa L.
Oct 23, 2012

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that, i've stayed at el CID before and it's not a good company. You should read this article:

http://www.timesharescam.com/blog/97-timeshare-out/

It was really helpful to my sister, who was also scammed by el CID. Hope you can get your money back as my sister did.

Charles B.
May 28, 2013

I'm trying to cancel my membership & get a refund but not having much luck. They said they'll cancel but keep my $7,000 down payment. Can you tell me how your sister was successful in cancelling?

Melissa P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.