Timeshare Companies

Best Timeshare companies to sell for

Jan 24, 2012

I'm looking to sell timeshares. What companies offer the best, honest, fair and attractive programs for the BUYER of timeshares? What about aftermarket sales rather than new? There are so many in the Orlando market that I'm hoping I can narrow it down by asking Redweek members - THANKS!

Scott J.
Jan 25, 2012

scottj177 wrote:
I'm looking to sell timeshares. What companies offer the best, honest, fair and attractive programs for the BUYER of timeshares? What about aftermarket sales rather than new? There are so many in the Orlando market that I'm hoping I can narrow it down by asking Redweek members - THANKS!

You said you're looking to sell timeshares (plural)? First and foremost, never ever pay any company a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare.

Are your timeshares in the Orlando area? If so, it's probably worth about $0. Orlando is over-saturated with timeshares and owners wanting to divest themselves of ownership. Your best bet is to use RedWeek's Bargain Basement. You can also try to advertise the price for a few hundred (but no more) and you might get a few inquiries.

As for companies that sell timeshares, legitimate ones charge a minimum commission of $1000. Many timeshares are not worth that much so likely no legitimate resale broker will take on your timeshare sale. At that price, you would be better off just trying to give it away yourself.

Other reputable websites to use to try to sell (or give away) your timeshare are E-Bay, Bidshares, Craigslist, Timeshare Users Group (tugbbs.com), or My Resort Network.

Lance C.
Jan 27, 2012

scottj177 wrote:

Keep in mind that the Orlando area is the largest timeshare marketplace in the world and I can't see a market for current people buying when one can rent and not have the responsibilities for future maintenance fees and possible special assessments.

Many Orlando timeshares are given away for free ... just check out Ebay timeshares under real estate or as Lance stated Redweek's Bargain Basement timeshares and Tug's Bargain Basement.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jan 27, 2012 07:41 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.