Ask RedWeek

Wyndham Buy back Program

Feb 22, 2017

I've got a paid off timeshare in Cypress Palms and my wife and I are trying to sell it Will Wyndham buy it back we paid it off in two years 13g's

William B.
Feb 22, 2017

williamb1120 wrote:
I've got a paid off timeshare in Cypress Palms and my wife and I are trying to sell it Will Wyndham buy it back we paid it off in two years 13g's

Wyndham's Ovation program will only take it back (not buy it back) if it is paid off NOW. And even then, Wyndham will probably only do that if it feels that it can easily turn around and sell it. Contact Wyndham's Ovation program. There is a pinned thread about this in the Timeshare Companies forum.

Lance C.
Feb 22, 2017

I'm not sure that buy back program wasn't fake news. I could not get them to show me the contract or anything in writing to prove it was a legitimate program. I suspected it was one of those deals that salespeople make up to sell more points. So I took a pass.

Lolli S.
Feb 23, 2017

lollis3 wrote:
I'm not sure that buy back program wasn't fake news. I could not get them to show me the contract or anything in writing to prove it was a legitimate program. I suspected it was one of those deals that salespeople make up to sell more points. So I took a pass.

"Pathways" was not "fake news". The short-lived Wyndham "Pathways" program of yesteryear was very real but it is now long gone (and Wyndham only paid pennies on the original purchase dollar anyhow, and ONLY on developer-direct purchases, not on resale ownerships). Wyndham's "Ovation" program of today is alive and well, but no one really knows for how long. Wyndham will accept some (but not all) ownership[s back **IF** there are no unpaid loan balances or unpaid maintenance fees, but otherwise offers and pays NOTHING to accept those "deedbacks". Ovation is real and it's available today, but it offers absolutely no compensation --- just a cost-free exit for owners looking to bail out; no more and no less --- and it's not available for ALL Wyndham ownerships. How Wyndham picks and chooses between "yes" and "no", I personally have no clue at all.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 23, 2017 08:15 AM

Jun 20, 2017

I was able to give back my points with very little effort. I presumably now have the same number of points each year for three years, no maintenance fees. Of course, there are limitations and restrictions, but you should be able to reserve units up to 11 months in advance (my understanding). Here's the problem: when you call the number they give to ask about reservations, there is an exceptionally long hold time -- more than 60 minutes the last time I called. Maybe it has improved. Maybe. I've been told we will be able to reserve units on line again soon, but the last time I tried that (a week ago) they said I didn't have enough points. I have a new use year now, which doesn't start until October, and though they say you can borrow points from the next use year, just how to go about that hadn't been revealed when I last tried. But I'm already enjoying paying NO maintenance fees!!

Jim S.
Jun 22, 2017

They only have Ovation now. Yu do not need to make a purchase for this either so don't let a sales rep tell you that you do

Sara M.
Jun 23, 2017

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/brinkmann-on-business/os-bz-timeshare-cancellation-fraud-20170618-story.html

We fought back and won!

Sara M.
Jun 23, 2017

saram280 wrote:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/brinkmann-on-business/os-bz-timeshare-cancellation-fraud-20170618-story.html

We fought back and won!

I don't see any fighting back or any winning in that story. They were pressured into buying something they didn't understand and now they are being pressured by rescue companies using the same tactics to pay thousands more in up front fees to get out of it and the rescue companies claims and practices are being accused as being just as dishonest as those that got them to buy. They are re-victimizing victims or in other words knew a sucker when they saw one.

Tracey S.
Jun 23, 2017

saram280 wrote:

We fought back and won!

Who's "We"?

Lance C.
Jun 24, 2017

Wyndham Ovation program's phone number is 855/312-9040

Stu M.
Oct 19, 2017

I am interested in what you did with your timeshare. What happens after the 3 years? If I am understanding this, you gave back your points and now you don't have to pay maintainence fees and you can use your points for 3 years then your out. What did you have to do to get this started? What is thisprogram called?

Joan T.
Oct 19, 2017

joant164 wrote:
I am interested in what you did with your timeshare. What happens after the 3 years? If I am understanding this, you gave back your points and now you don't have to pay maintainence fees and you can use your points for 3 years then your out. What did you have to do to get this started? What is thisprogram called?

The program is called Ovation.

The phone number to call is in an entry above this one.

IF they accept your timeshare they MIGHT give you three years worth of points to use without cost. But they might NOT accept your timeshare, and even if they do they might NOT give you three years worth of points.

Call them and find out.

Stu M.
Mar 27, 2019

yes, send me a private message

Ryan V.
Mar 28, 2019

Just look up the Ovation forum here on Redweek. It's now something like 34 pages long.

Stu M.
Mar 28, 2019

I bought into the Pathways program. They are willing to honor it by paying me back 20% of what I paid for each of three contracts . For those of you in the Pathways program, be aware that they "slow walk" the paperwork; that it can take a couple of months between your initiating a request and their returning the necessary papers. In the meantime, you must keep paying your assessments. Start the process early!

Daveybob
Apr 10, 2019

I and my wife bought 205,000 points in the Access program in August 2014. We no longer are able to use the vacations because of health and financial constraints. When we bought this "ownership", we were of the understanding that Wyndham would buy it back after 5 years. A couple of months ago, we called Wyndham and wanted to start the process promised in their Pathways program, hoping that it could be completed at the 5 year anniversary. They wouldn't tell us anything except to call back in August. Can anyone tell us what the correct process for doing this is? How do we deal with Wyndham? The contract is fully paid off and maintenance dues are paid current.

davidp78 wrote:
I bought into the Pathways program. They are willing to honor it by paying me back 20% of what I paid for each of three contracts . For those of you in the Pathways program, be aware that they "slow walk" the paperwork; that it can take a couple of months between your initiating a request and their returning the necessary papers. In the meantime, you must keep paying your assessments. Start the process early!

Owen P.

Last edited by owenp10 on Apr 10, 2019 01:02 AM

Apr 10, 2019

You can't start the process before the time indicated in your contract which in your case is 5 years. I would call again on June 1 which would be about 2 months prior and if they tell you too early try again on July 1 and if they still say too early then you will have to wait until the agreed upon 5 years to start the process.

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.