Timeshare Companies

Anyone have experience with Exchange Travel International

Mar 19, 2012

This company reached me about listing my property. the company is based at 11034 shady trail, dallas, tx. owned by a dan weiler. They are not listed with dallas BBB nor did I find anything with this name at rippedoff.com. has anyone done business with them, or know dan weiler?

Roger R.
Mar 19, 2012

Most companies that contact you (via phone or e-mail) unexpectedly are usually up to no good. How much are they charging to list?

Anything over $60 for listing is not worth it.

That's about the price to list it here on RedWeek. Craigslist and Bidshares are free. I think E-bay is about $70 but your ad may get buried in an avalanche of other similar timeshares. My Resort Network charges about $30.

Since you can't find anything else out about this company, it likely means that it's not very reputable.

Lance C.
Mar 25, 2012

Don't do it ! They contacted me a few weeks ago and gave me the same spill. They offered me an outrageous price for my timeshare and I told them I needed more money. They simply put in "a new bid" and I quickly received an email with an even more outrageous price. They then thought they had me, but I didn't respond like I said I would. I tried to call back because I had "more" questions and the first guy I spoke too never returned my calls or answered the phone. This is a scam. I googled their address and quickly realized the place of business is not there. I couldn't find any news on Dan Weller, their website is very cheap, ip address is from somewhere out of the country, and most importantly their is no pictures, credentials, or anything posted. Don't do it!!!! Just out of curiosity what were the names they used?

Thomas B.
Mar 26, 2012

my point of contact is eric watson. his story, which he delivered smoothly, is a large mexican conglomerate, it may be grupo cemex, is buying timeshare properties for corporate use (uh, huh). the price "eric watson" offered was nearly 20% more than what I said I paid for it. Life should be so good, huh readers? a google search shows an office building located at the shady trail address. I asked if Exchange Travel International is registered with the Calif Dept of RE as timeshare resale companies are supposed to be and eric said they are not and don't have to be because they are not selling property? BEWARE. I will post again when I learn more

Roger R.
Mar 26, 2012

rogerr69 wrote:
my point of contact is eric watson. his story, which he delivered smoothly, is a large mexican conglomerate, it may be grupo cemex, is buying timeshare properties for corporate use (uh, huh). the price "eric watson" offered was nearly 20% more than what I said I paid for it. Life should be so good, huh readers? a google search shows an office building located at the shady trail address. I asked if Exchange Travel International is registered with the Calif Dept of RE as timeshare resale companies are supposed to be and eric said they are not and don't have to be because they are not selling property? BEWARE. I will post again when I learn more

Word of caution ..... corporations don't use timeshares.

R P.
Apr 09, 2012

The President, Daniel Weller, called me three weeks ago and asked if we were interested in selling our timeshare. I told him "maybe". He wanted to know what we had and where. He sent me an offer letter for more than twice what we paid for it. It would be nice! Anyway, it sounded too good to be true. I did an internet search for the guy and for the company and came to the same conclusions as others have listed. My suspicion is that their "buyer" with fall through and then they will offer to list the property for sale. I think they are just trying to get listings and charge for them. I went to my time share's resale website and they are still selling for what we paid ten years ago.

Darlena P.
Apr 10, 2012

Good for you for not falling for this age-old scam.

Lance C.
Apr 10, 2012

darlenap wrote:
I went to my time share's resale website and they are still selling for what we paid ten years ago.

What the asking price is on your timeshare's resale website has nothing to do with reality .... the reality is only what someone is willing to pay for any timeshare. I doubt seriously that you could get anywhere near what you paid initially via the resale market .... many are being given away in this sad economy due to ever increasing yearly maintenance fees .... it's definitely a buyer's market.

R P.
Apr 27, 2012

I had justanswer.com do a check on Exchange Travel International & here is the website that the investigatory person sent me to. "nuff said"

http://www.vacation-times.org/1/post/2011/02/potential-timeshare-scam-warning-dallas-resale-group.html

Mary C.
Jun 04, 2012

rogerr69 wrote:
SURPRISE SURPRISE...I too got a phone call recently along with a very nice proposal of a buyer...the same "grupo cemex" name was given as the interested party...very very skeptical of this...as here i am sitting as a time share owner and why me...can i be this lucky to just have this large sum of $$$ come to me in time of need...it all sounds wonderful....BUT...can not find enough info anywhere to sign their agreement of offer...the financial person was rude and pushy as well...nothing is ever too good to be true !!!

Jay C.
Jun 05, 2012

Kudos to you for using your gut instinct ..... there's more scammers than ever in this economy.

R P.
Jul 15, 2012

No. But I am sure they are 1 in the same as exchange resort network and exchange vacation network? Same story- high sales price, Grupo Cemex buying. Sad part is I wasn't as savvy as you Guys I got hooked. So did at least 4 others. ERN is posting a Phoneix address- not there. EVN San Diego. Any advice on avenues to find this Scum?

Patrick C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.