Ask RedWeek

timeshare transfer companies

Apr 11, 2012

Are there any REPUTABLE timeshare transfer companies out there?

Nancy M.
Apr 12, 2012

JRA (timeshareresaleclosings.com); timesharetransfer.com; legaltimesharetransfers.com will do it for about $160 if no escrow is involved.

Also, First American Title is RedWeek recommended. Just follow the links on this site about how to sell your timeshare.

Lance C.
Jul 10, 2012

has anyone used lei holdings inc. if so please share info,i am alittle skeptical about using them.

Pellegrino C.
Jul 11, 2012

pellegrinoc wrote:
has anyone used lei holdings inc. if so please share info,i am alittle skeptical about using them.

Never heard of them.

R P.
Jul 17, 2012

Has anyone had any experience with Vale Professionals? We've had mail from them for about a year now and now they've called. I googled them and still am finding nothing solid except they are currently accredited A- by the Better Business Bureau. But that is of Feb.2012 and an accreditation is something the company pays for from the BBB. They use an independent third party title company for the transfer. Their reviews on Merchantcircle.com have 2 being entered on May 7 minutes apart and 5 being entered on May 8th. This, to me, indicates they may have entered these themselves. One description of their services is posted as: They claimed ownership of the property and flipped it to a third party “acceptance corporation,” or “disposal company,” which put it back into real estate circulation. I'd appreciate any feedback if anyone has had experience using this company. Thank you

Sharon P.
Jul 17, 2012

sharonp210 wrote:
Has anyone had any experience with Vale Professionals? We've had mail from them for about a year now and now they've called. I googled them and still am finding nothing solid except they are currently accredited A- by the Better Business Bureau. But that is of Feb.2012 and an accreditation is something the company pays for from the BBB. They use an independent third party title company for the transfer. Their reviews on Merchantcircle.com have 2 being entered on May 7 minutes apart and 5 being entered on May 8th. This, to me, indicates they may have entered these themselves. One description of their services is posted as: They claimed ownership of the property and flipped it to a third party “acceptance corporation,” or “disposal company,” which put it back into real estate circulation. I'd appreciate any feedback if anyone has had experience using this company. Thank you

I personally have never heard of this company.

First off, why are they continually contacting you whether it's snail mail or phone? Did you initiate contact with them or did they contact you out of the blue?

Secondly, what are you looking to do about a timeshare? Sell yours? Rent it out? Buy one? Rent one for a week?

One rule that bears repeated emphasis is that no matter who the company is or what the company or party labels itself, never ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare. Any fees that a company might charge to do this would be paid afterwards with money coming out of the proceeds.

Lance C.
Jul 17, 2012

sharonp210 wrote:
One description of their services is posted as: They claimed ownership of the property and flipped it to a third party “acceptance corporation,” or “disposal company,” which put it back into real estate circulation.

To me, this is just a fancy-dancy way of saying "We take possession of your timeshare, transfer it to our shell company, let the shell company go bankrupt, then the timeshare goes into foreclosure."

There have been many discussions about how legal and ethical such procedures are. Whether it means anything to you personally or not, just remember that such procedures place a burden on the owners at that resort because they now have to absorb the cost of the foreclosure and the foreclosed unit's share of the maintenance fees.

Lance C.
Jul 17, 2012

lancec13 wrote:
sharonp210 wrote:
One description of their services is posted as: They claimed ownership of the property and flipped it to a third party “acceptance corporation,” or “disposal company,” which put it back into real estate circulation.

To me, this is just a fancy-dancy way of saying "We take possession of your timeshare, transfer it to our shell company, let the shell company go bankrupt, then the timeshare goes into foreclosure."

There have been many discussions about how legal and ethical such procedures are. Whether it means anything to you personally or not, just remember that such procedures place a burden on the owners at that resort because they now have to absorb the cost of the foreclosure and the foreclosed unit's share of the maintenance fees.

Nancy M.
Jul 18, 2012

sharonp210 wrote:

Corporations don't buy timeshares .... more than likely if you do business with these scammers the timeshare will still be in your name and you're still responsible for all future fees involved.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.