Timeshare Companies

Has anyone dealt with Pacific Transfer inc. or selltimeshare.org ?

Apr 16, 2012

I purchase a timeshare on e-bay from selltimeshare.org and they are using Pacific Transfer inc. for escrow and title here in calif. I'm having a hard time with them we have e-mail some but they are not returning my phone calls. Its been to months and I still don't know when I will get the timeshare. Please tell me what you all think. if I don't hear from them soon I'm going to file papers with the Att. gen. in both states i guess fla and calif. and small claim court i guess. I,m in calif.

Ruger K.
Jun 28, 2012

I recently purchased a week in FL from them and I was very pleased with the communications and speed of the transfer. Make sure you check your junk mail and spam folders as they did do alll the transaction using email and a service called Docusign

Charles H.
Oct 09, 2012

Yes, They coaxed us into signing an agreement to transfer our timeshares to a non profit organization and we were to get a tax deduction for it. They too 9 months to close the third property with all kind of excuses. When alll was said and done it was a hoax. They sold it to individuals. THe appraiser that was to appraise must not have been a real appraiser because he would not sign the forms needed to send with my taxes, the foundation said they did not receive the timeshare and they wouldn't sign.. We would not be able to claim it on our taxes and lost several thousand dollars. Is there any other place to put this info out to help others aaginst these people?

Nicia C.
Nov 07, 2012

Yes!!

We have signed a so call contact with idiots. When we were in the seminar, they had stated that we as long as you are paid up for the year in Maintainance fee that there should be no problem. Guess what! Now they want us to pay our 2013 maintainanance fee before they can do any transferring to title.

I receive a comment from some lady today and I am so mad. I ask her if she was part of the BBB and she said "Yes" Look at our reviews, which has left a bad taste in my mouth.

So now that you paid them your money what is our recourse if any.

Debbie B.

Last edited by phyl21 on Nov 08, 2012 08:24 AM

Nov 08, 2012

debbieb565 wrote:
Yes!!

We have signed a so call contact with idiots. When we were in the seminar, they had stated that we as long as you are paid up for the year in Maintainance fee that there should be no problem. Guess what! Now they want us to pay our 2013 maintainanance fee before they can do any transferring to title.

I receive a comment, from some stupid ***** today and I am so mad. I ask her if she was part of the BBB and she said "Yes" Look at our reviews, which has left a bad taste in my mouth.

So now that you paid them your money what is our recourse if any.

If it's within 6 months that you paid with a credit card then you can dispute that charge with the credit card company ..... if it's after 6 months then, as of now, there's no recourse.

One question, who are they supposedly transferring title to? The mantra here, and on all timeshare forums, is to NEVER EVER pay an upfront fee to any timeshare entity saying they'll sell, rent or transfer title for your timeshare .... they are all scams.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Nov 08, 2012 07:31 AM

Nov 08, 2012

I have filed a complaint with the BBB.

Debbie B.
Nov 09, 2012

debbieb565 wrote:
I have filed a complaint with the BBB.

It would be better if you filed a complaint with the attorney general in the state Pacific Transfer Inc is located. Google for contact info ..... you can file your complaint online.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Nov 09, 2012 06:54 AM

Dec 18, 2012

I am currently dealing with Pacific Transfer over the same issue (they want me to pay 2013 mainenance fee before completed the purchase/transfer of my timeshare). Could you share the results of your problem with them on this issue?

Martha J.
Dec 19, 2012

marthaj49 wrote:
I am currently dealing with Pacific Transfer over the same issue (they want me to pay 2013 mainenance fee before completed the purchase/transfer of my timeshare). Could you share the results of your problem with them on this issue?

Mantra from Redweek forum members is to never, ever pay a large upfront fee, which I assume your 2013 maintenance fee is a large fee, Why don't you try giving it away at Redweek's Bargain Basement.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Dec 20, 2012 08:23 AM

Jan 12, 2013

I've been caught up with the non-profit donation. It is okay that they transfer it to an individual, as my resort, Raintree, will not transfer to anything else right now. However, they want the 2013 maintenance dues to be paid. No way. They are not due until May. I think we have all received this letter from them wanting dues to be paid with no care in this world about when they are actually due. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and will next go to the California Attorney General and Consumer Affairs. I did get a signed appraisal for taxes, but I may get audited over it. It amounted to a very small amount for the deduction. Someone tried to call me today, but all I could get in returning the call was voice mail-which is typical with this company. To those who did transfer...was it ever actually transferred out of your name?

R M.
Jan 12, 2013

rm229 wrote:
It is okay that they transfer it to an individual, as my resort, Raintree, will not transfer to anything else right now. However, they want the 2013 maintenance dues to be paid.

If Raintree will not transfer to a bogus LLC or bogus charity then you're out of luck .... it seems that Raintree has caught on to the bogus donation scam

R P.
Jan 12, 2013

Givebacktimeshare.com charges a hefty fee, but other companies have recommended them to get out of Mexican timeshares...especially Raintree. Any comments?

R M.
Jan 12, 2013

NEVER pay anyone an upfront fee.

Don P.
Jan 12, 2013

rm229 wrote:
Givebacktimeshare.com charges a hefty fee, but other companies have recommended them to get out of Mexican timeshares...especially Raintree. Any comments?

Give Back Timeshare is one of those outfits we like to call postcard companies (or PCC). Their usual method is you pay them thousands of dollars. They will get you to sign a Power of Attorney that will allow them to do what they want with your timeshare. They will then list it on E-bay and auction it starting at $1 which may also include, as an incentive for the new buyer, closing costs and the next maintenance fees.

If someone buys it, then the PCC has accomplished what the owner paid it to do. However, if no one has bought it, then the owner is still on the hook for maintenance fees because he still legally owns it.

If you want to sell or give your timeshare away, you can do it yourself for a lot less money.

Lance C.
Jan 16, 2013

Hi Martha;

Call the county in were you timeshare is and find out if they have completed the transfer. I found out that our timeshare no longer belongs to my husband and I and legally how can they make you pay something that no longer belongs to you. I am filing my second complaint to the BBB as I feel this is extortion. They keeping telling me that this will be put on hold if we don't pay. But the titles have been transfer. Email me.

debbiebernie@cox.net.

Debbie B.
Jan 17, 2013

debbieb565 wrote:
Hi Martha;

Call the county in were you timeshare is and find out if they have completed the transfer. I found out that our timeshare no longer belongs to my husband and I and legally how can they make you pay something that no longer belongs to you. I am filing my second complaint to the BBB as I feel this is extortion. They keeping telling me that this will be put on hold if we don't pay. But the titles have been transfer. Email me.

debbiebernie@cox.net.

If the titles have been transferred out of your name then you have nothing to worry about .... btw, who is they?

R P.
Jan 18, 2013

Ohh yeah! They're a real piece of work for an organization. I'm having the same problems with that organization. In direct response to your posting--ditto.

Howard S.
Jan 18, 2013

They're a real piece of work for a business. I've been dealing with them for, going on 2 years and I'm still having issues with them. I had 2 timeshares I was working with them to get rid of and to my surprize when it came time for the final step to be proccessed I was told it was to late and that they couldn't take control of the property. When I asked to speak with someone is management they were always unavailable, and they never called me back. I guess I should've expected such "shoddy" management considering the quality of service I got from the rep who was working my file. Or should I say "lack" of service. Anyway, here it is almost 1.5 yrs later and they actually had the nerve to send me a letter saing I had to pay fees in excess of $6k before they could take the property.

There's got to be some legal way to deal with these folks, any ideas??

Howard S.
Jan 18, 2013

I tell you what, if you get results thru the Calif. AG, let me know and I'll go there with ya. This is total BS for a business being run like that.

I've read all of the other post, and with very few exceptions it seems like we all have had a bad experience with Pac Transfer, maybe we should get a petition going and send it to the AG's office stating our .....experience with this company....... it couldn't hurt. Anyone got ideas? At the very least we could alert other buyers/sellers to the trap we fell into.

Howard S.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jan 19, 2013 02:14 PM

Jan 29, 2013

SAME THING IS HAPPENING TO ME. I EMAIL A COMPLAINT WITH BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU IN CALIFORNIA ON PACIFIC TRANSFER.

marthaj49 wrote:

Alice M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.