Timeshare Companies

Event Savvy

May 12, 2012

Has anyone had any dealings with Event Savvy of Washington State? They are offering to act as intermediary in the sale of my time share. Given how difficult it is to offload a timeshare, I wonder if the offer is genuine.

Mel J.
May 13, 2012

melj21 wrote:
Has anyone had any dealings with Event Savvy of Washington State? They are offering to act as intermediary in the sale of my time share. Given how difficult it is to offload a timeshare, I wonder if the offer is genuine.

If they ask for any sort of upfront fee then they're a scam ..... they many say they don't ask for an upfront fee, but somewhere along the line they WILL.

R P.
May 21, 2012

We were also contacted. Had an attorney look at the emailed contract, researched on internet. Thought it was for real. It is definately a scam. They said i needed to pay the change of ownership fee through them, then they said we had to pay for foreign investor registration. Timeshare are not real estate ownership, they are only the use of a property. I called my timeshare and they filled me in on the tricks these scammers are doing. I am out $2000!!

Maria N.
May 23, 2012

melj21 wrote:

We sold one of our timeshares through Event Savvy this past December. We are completely satisfied with the results. Our only complaint is that it took a little bit longer than they said and so our closing date was postponed. Other than that, we are very happy with this company.

Erika K.
May 24, 2012

erikak19 wrote:
We sold one of our timeshares through Event Savvy this past December. We are completely satisfied with the results. Our only complaint is that it took a little bit longer than they said and so our closing date was postponed. Other than that, we are very happy with this company.

I smell a shill !!!!!

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on May 24, 2012 07:14 AM

May 24, 2012

What do you mean, you smell a shill?

Erika K.
Jul 02, 2012

erikak19 wrote:
What do you mean, you smell a shill?
Could you elaborate on the experience you had with Event Savvy selling your timeshare. We are currently looking at working with them, but are fearful of being scammed.

Yasmin T.
Jul 02, 2012

If they ask for any money up front for anything it's a SCAM !!!! They usually lead you on saying that they don't want any money and then they come up with some sort of fees they call docking fees or appraisal fees but it's all up front money. Don't pay them a penny. Any fees should come out of the sale and nothing ever before the sale is final. Stop the scams and don't become another victim. Erikak19 is a phony person that they use to make it look real.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Jul 02, 2012 03:32 PM

Jul 03, 2012

Who are you, donp196, to say that I am a phoney person??? It seems you can only say something negative, but if something or someone is good, you try to bury it by saying it is phoney! We had great success with this company. The only problems we encountered were inflicted by our timeshare company. They had hidden costs buried in our timeshare contract that we had to pay huge transfer fee in order to sell our timeshare. But this was in our timeshare contract and had nothing to do with the company selling it. They did not ask us for any money upfront. In fact their contract clearly said they would not get paid until closing! So what do you have to say for yourself now??!!

Erika K.
Jul 03, 2012

It's a Scam !!!!!!! You notice they get nasty when they get exposed.

Don P.
Jul 03, 2012

Which timeshare were you selling? Was it Mayan? Did you have to pay a foreign investor fee and IVA tax?

Yasmin T.
Jul 04, 2012

Do not believe event saavy on anything. Scam...

Maria N.
Jul 05, 2012

I cannot believe your attitude! And your accusation that I am getting nasty??!! You are the one that is nasty saying I am a phoney person and that this company is a scam. We have dealt with scams before and we checked out this company very well before working with them. They have valid real estate and valid business license since 2001. If a company is a scam and has been around since 2001, certainly there would be complaints witht he BBB, etc. The only negative thing is you stating that it is a scam - so what is your proof that they are a scam??? I suppose that it will just be your "hunch" - no real basis! Just another negative person trying to ruin things for other people. This company did a great job for us so unless you have some FACTS on which to base your accusations, I suggest you keep your negative "hunches" to yourself and stop claiming them as FACTS. Just because you think something doesn't make it true. You must have had a terrible experience or have had a terrible life to be so negative about everything! Poor thing!

Erika K.
Jul 05, 2012

erikak19 wrote:
I cannot believe your attitude! And your accusation that I am getting nasty??!! You are the one that is nasty saying I am a phoney person and that this company is a scam. We have dealt with scams before and we checked out this company very well before working with them. They have valid real estate and valid business license since 2001. If a company is a scam and has been around since 2001, certainly there would be complaints witht he BBB, etc. The only negative thing is you stating that it is a scam - so what is your proof that they are a scam??? I suppose that it will just be your "hunch" - no real basis! Just another negative person trying to ruin things for other people. This company did a great job for us so unless you have some FACTS on which to base your accusations, I suggest you keep your negative "hunches" to yourself and stop claiming them as FACTS. Just because you think something doesn't make it true. You must have had a terrible experience or have had a terrible life to be so negative about everything! Poor thing!

All right. Here's a chance to back up your claim. Please answer these questions:

1) How did you come to learn of Event Savvy? (i.e. TV ad? Word of mouth?)?

2) How much did they sell your unit for?

3) How much commission did they charge?

4) Who put up the money for their commission?

5) Can you give at least a few details (Even if they are vague) about your unit that was sold?

Lance C.
Jul 05, 2012

erikak19 wrote:

Bottom line, if this company charges any type of upfront fee then they are NOT licensed real estate brokers ..... licensed real estate brokers are NOT allowed to charge an upfront fee .... they take their fees at closing.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jul 05, 2012 08:39 AM

Jul 05, 2012

Looks like she's getting nasty again just like all the scammers do when they get exposed. Let's see if she can answer some of Lance's questions. I was just about to ask the same questions. Looks like she has an " interest " in promoting this comapny

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Jul 05, 2012 03:40 PM

Jul 06, 2012

In answer to your questions, they contacted me by telephone.

They sold my timeshare for $74,500 USD.

They charged 5% which they deducted from my proceeds and sent me the difference.

The money for their commission came out of my proceeds, so no one "put up" the money????

I had multiple weeks in the 2 Bedroom Grand Mayan Condo in high red season each year, plus several bonus weeks each year which were available for just the maintenance fees in the Mayan Palace and Sea Garden resorts. I owned it for several years, and did make a slight profit on the resale. I would have been happy with even a lower sale price, just to get out of the maintenance fees since we rarely used it! And Yes, I am very protective of this company because they did a great job and were very attentive. I am hoping they can sell our other timeshares, but they don't have any buyers for them at this time. My sales rep will contact me if anyone is interested in the 2 we still own.

We did have to pay a large transfer fee which was requried by Grand Mayan-not by Event Savvy. We deposited it into escrow for safekeeping until the sale closed.

Erika K.
Jul 06, 2012

It's an absolute scam. Nobody is going to pay $ 74,000.00 for a timeshare. Anyone getting involved with this scam deserves to lose their money. Only a fool would believe that post. Notice the " transfer Fee " mentioned. That's the scam. These scam starts out with the offer of a huge selling price. They claim there is no up front fees but then comes the catch. They tell you that you must pay a " transfer fee " before the property can be sold. As soon as they get their money you lose contact with them and your money. They claim that the " transfer fee " is paid to someone else. It's the same scammers. It is almost impossible to catch these people especially if they are in Mexico. The best way to defeat them is not to get involved with them. They use a name like Ericka thinking people will believe it's really an innocent female. Go peddle your scam somewhere else Ericka.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Jul 06, 2012 03:22 PM

Jul 06, 2012

So, it seems that the person having an actual experience with Event Savvy is positive. Donp196 is very negative. Don, do you have a story to tell of your own? Ericka has told hers, even if you don't believe it, so what is yours?

Yasmin T.
Jul 07, 2012

yasmint2 wrote:
So, it seems that the person having an actual experience with Event Savvy is positive.

Uh, did you read Marian213's responses? In case you missed them (they came just before Ericka's first post)? (S)he is out about $2000.

How can someone be out $2000 if Event Savvy operates the way Ericka claims it does?

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.