Sandos Caracol Beach Resort & Spa

First Option Property Management

May 15, 2012

Any one sell timeshare using First Option Property Management located in Albuquerque NM 87110

Boris K.
May 22, 2012

borisk12 wrote:
Any one sell timeshare using First Option Property Management located in Albuquerque NM 87110

I haven't yet but am talking to them now. Somewhat skeptical - what's happening with you?

Charles D.
May 22, 2012

They contacted us with an offer that frankly ot registerseems to good to be true. We tried to investigate the company but can find very little. This is what the New Mexico Better Business Bureau says about them:

"This business is not BBB Accredited.

BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business. BBB made at least two requests for background information from business. BBB has not received a response from business and/or has not been able to verify information received from business.

As of our last verification on May 11, 2012, this company is not registered with the City of Albuquerque to do business, and no record of Incorporation can be found. "

Joel F.
May 23, 2012

They contacted me also with a "very good" offer. I was originally skeptical because I have been contacted by about 3 other companies prior to this with similar offers and procedures. Not ONE of them has followed through once I made it very clear that I was not paying any front money (which they said was ok) or paying for any fees prior to a closing. They said I would be reimbursed and I said no, they would have to take the funds out at closing. Never heard from them again. Talking to First Options now in the contract stage. I told them that I would not pay any commissions until my payment was released by my bank and I was not paying any fees prior for reimbursement. I know that killed one deal earlier.

Charles D.
May 23, 2012

Same here. Awaiting details. Please let me know if they ask for money at any point during the negotiations.

Livingstone K.
May 29, 2012

I had a cold call from them a few days ago and they said they would send me a proposal,but I haven't received anything yet! What has happened with you! Richard

Richard D.
May 29, 2012

I've been contacted by First Option too and received a contract, but very skeptical. Would like to hear from others who received contracts

Nadia D.
May 29, 2012

I have a share of an undeveloped property. They cold called me with an offer. I made it clear I was skeptical and would not release banking of personal info. Today I got a call from Greenleaf Escrow claiming thaty had funds in escrow waiting for distribution once I signed First Option Contract . I received contact and am consulting my attorney. I am very doubtful this is legit. The contract says I agree to pay fees and taxes but no one wil list what amounts are. Its bogus until proved otherwise to me. I contacted NM attoney general consuer protection office in Albuqerque but no reply yet.

Steven R.
May 29, 2012

I have also been approached by this company a few weeks ago and since we were scammed by another company for $3000 last September, I have been firm with this company that they will not see a cent until the funds are clearly in my account. It does sound too good to be true but we all have hope that there are still some decent people out there!

Doreen G.
May 30, 2012

charlesd151 wrote:
borisk12 wrote:

I haven't yet but am talking to them now. Somewhat skeptical - what's happening with you?

Mary ellen M.
May 31, 2012

Beware. The contract I received does not include any specific description of the property what so ever. There are a lot of strange provisions, including some stating that transfer fees should be paid within 5 days after signing the contract, but will be reimbursed after closing. Failure to comply with this provision would terminate the contract in which case a commission would be due. I requested changes to the contract and mentioned the need for my attorney to review it and since then haven’t heard back from them.

Nadia D.
May 31, 2012

I have talked to Greg Foster "contract agent' after I received the contract to sign. He said I have to pay 'transfer fee' , about 10% of sale price to Green Leaf Escrow upfront. When I told him that I am not paying a dime beforehand and that BBB put the warning on both First Option and Green Leaf he HUNG UP. This is a scam!

Iga C.
Jun 01, 2012

After recieving several calls from several different companies with an offer that sounded to good to be true I decided that I wanted to know what the scam is. So I followed through and my account at green leaf escrow showed a credit in the amount of the offer plus a credit for 10% of that amount. The two items totalled far more than I paid. So the light came on and I assumed that they would try to get me to pay the 10% up front. The sales guy from first option kept calling me so I asked him why the extra credit in the green leaf account and he said that's the transfer fee and all I need to do is send the escrow company that amount and I will recieve the full amount that is in the escrow account.

Sound too good to be true? Don't send the money and don't send them your documents. I sure won't be, wasted enough $$ on time shares......

Craiglynn M.
Jun 02, 2012

They told me i had to pay the almost $4000 in fees upfront because the property is im mexico and mexican law requires it. it was to be wired toi mexico also. thats when our banker suggested we look more into the first options and green leaf. found nothing legit about them when googled.

Mary ellen M.
Jun 02, 2012

run away...fast!!!

Mary ellen M.
Jun 02, 2012

how do they get our phone numbers and know where the property is!!??!! my vacation club said they are not affiliated with any real estate agency and there is alot of paperwork to do and sign before anything can transfer. neither the first options or green leaf mentioned anything about doing that. anyone know how to get in touch with geraldo rivera?

Mary ellen M.
Jun 06, 2012

This is a scam, I just finished taking to Rebbeca, at first she was very nice and polite but as soon as I told her that I did not have the 4000 dlls to send to the escrow company her tone of voice changed. she called me so that she could explain all the clauses in the contract but when I specifically asked her about clause #5 where it says that I have to pay the fee to the escrow company out of my pocket and told her that I did not have the money to pay it and that I would pay their 5% commission and fees once we did the closing her attitude change and she just hang up the phone

Manuel C.
Jun 15, 2012

i have received a contract to purchase my timeshare. they have appointed greenleaf escrow co.,which is asking us to pay the transfer fee to their beneficiary. what should i do.

Jagadish G.
Jun 20, 2012

I have also been dealing with First Option. Have refused to send any miney and they still keep calling. How have you come out . Margo

Margo M.
Jun 26, 2012

Hi. Did you ever complete your sale? They want to send me a contract too and the escrow company Greenleaf represents that they are at an address in Rapid City that they are not actually at. I called the realter who leases the commercial space and they told me that they have NEVER leased to Greenleaf.

Steve N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.