Marriott's Aruba Surf Club

My reservation is not mine?

Jun 25, 2012

I booked a week at the Surf Club for this week from Thurs to next Thurs so thought I would just confirm again before we leave. The confirmation number I got from the person selling turns out to not have my name on it at all and the seller on that one isnt even the name of the person that sold it to me. Everything seems legit - I got a formal reservation conf from the Marriott. I called them but they told me to contact the seller. Ha ha ... I emailed and called the person but am getting no response. I'm getting the feeling I've been screwed??? any suggestions?

Nancy C.
Aug 09, 2012

Didn't see this till now but am very curious as to how it ended. I rented two weeks at the Ocean Club and was also very leery even with my name on the reservation.

Jane M.
Aug 22, 2012

I would like to know what happen and how this situation turned out before I think about renting through this site.

Janice S.
Sep 02, 2012

I have rented many times there, normaally your name is added to the reservation. if you got a confirmation from Marriott you should be ok just be sure to take that confirmation with you when you do jack

H. Jack H.
Sep 05, 2012

Be very careful who you rent from, I just got screwed by one of these so called brokers....I'll never pay up front again, not until Marriott has confirmed a reservation is IN MY NAME...renter BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!

H. Jack H.
Sep 15, 2012

Hope that everything worked out for all of you! Never send money unless you have a contract protecting you and a confirmation number or confirmation from Marriott. It is fine to be in the owner's name initially - just make sure that you check the reservation with Marriott prior to sending funds. You can either check the confirmation on the Marriott.com website or call their reservation line. It is a good idea to check with Marriott again about a week or so prior to travel just to be assured that that the reservation is still in your name, etc. That way, you can rest assured that there will not be any surprises when you arrive.

Lynne
Oct 09, 2012

I HAD DELT WITH THIS INDIVIDUAL BEFORE, THOUGHT ALL WAS WELL, BUT NEVER AGAIN, I'M GIVING HIM 1 WEEK TO SETTLE UP OR I'LL POST HIS NAME ALL OVER THE INTERNET AS A MAN not TO DEAL WITH

H. Jack H.
Oct 27, 2012

Use red weeks escrow acct. or you could be in for a very bad experience, just like I just had and it will never get settled from this bum. If you use the escrow your fairly safe from these preditors.

H. Jack H.
Apr 01, 2013

I had a contract as well with a confirmation # all the way up to checking in. Unfortunately, the broker took my money, had the seller put my name on the reservation, and then never forwarded my money to the seller. The seller left my name on the confirmation all the way until check in before he called the property and told them not to let me in the room. Cost me a lot of money and aggravation. If you ever come across a broker by the name of Rohan McClure, RUN THE OTHER WAY!

Jeff G.
Apr 20, 2013

Just thought I would venture into this conversation as I am here to say that no matter what you do to protect yourself there is never any guarantee. Even if the person puts your name on it when you arrive if the owner has taken you off the reservation, you won't be able to do anything about it. Unfortunately, there is nothing Marriott can do about it as it has nothing to do with them. One suggestion is NOT to deal with a broker. As stated before the broker mentioned above I have heard other issues with but he has a company name so do your homework. You might be better off dealing with the actual owner of the week. Another issue to think about, if you sign a contract but live in different countries you might have a hard time getting any legal recourse.

Mark M.

Last edited by randig11 on Apr 20, 2013 04:27 PM

Apr 23, 2013

Rohan McClure (also uses the name Samuel Foster) was a nightmare and caused me HUGE amounts of stress about a vacation that I should have been so excited about. He's a FRAUD! He pretends to be a middle man - he books you a reservation, gets you a confirmation under your name but then doesn't pay the owner of the unit (who doesn't have your information) so they have no choice but to back out and find someone on their own. He has had 3 different companies/websites since last July. His most current www.resortdestinations.com is a fraud just like his others (mcclurerealty.com and travelpartnersclub.com). He stole $4,000 from us but I was fortunate enough to get it back from our credit card companies who then went after him/his bank. We found out we were being scammed 5 days before my family and I were scheduled to go to Aruba. We were also fortunate to find a unit of the same size with just days to go. It was a nightmare! You should ask the owner for several references but I've learned nothing is a guarentee!

Courtney S.
May 06, 2013

I also have dealt with Rohan McClure. I got a confirmation but called the Marriott and my name is not on the reservation. I did some research and he is a lisence realtor in Florida.

His phone is not accepting messages because it is full and he will not return emails or calls.

Sharon W.
May 06, 2013

How did you go about getting your money back from Rohan McClure. Our reservation is not until the end of July but he is not responsive and Marriott has the confirmation number, but not with our name. It appears that it does not matter if he gets you on the reservation, we could still have problems.

I booked our trip only a few days before the first post regarding him appeared. I thought I had done my homework.

Thank you,

Sharon

Sharon W.
May 06, 2013

Unfortunately I've been unable to get my money back. Still owes me 3,800. If you do a deep enough check, you'll see his house was taken back by the bank in December. He's a crook. If anyone gets a good address for Rohan I'd be interested so I can have him served. Please post.

Jeff G.
May 06, 2013

I am wondering if we were all renting from the same owner at Marriott (0r should have rented from them) . I have been working with Marriott today and if you do not mind sharing your confirmation number, I will see if it was the same owner. They may have been in on the scam together. Worth checking to see if they may have any contact information.

I have been working with Diana at Marriott and she has been extremely helpful. I can also provide her contact information to call her directly.

He took $2500 from me so he may be over $10,000 in fraud. Might get the authorities attention if we all went together and filed a complaint.

Sharon W.
May 06, 2013

I am trying to get to the bottom of the fruad from Rohan Mcclure. I am working with Diana at Marriott and was wondering if you minded sharing the confirmation number given to you by Rohan? My thought is that it is possible the owner is in on the scam and we may have a chance to catch them through Marriott.

If you do not feel comfortable providing the reservation number he gave you, I can give you Diana's number at Marriott.

I would like to see him caught, so others do not have this experinece. According to my calculation he is over $10,000 in fraud.

Sharon

Sharon W.
May 07, 2013

I just got off the phone with Marriott and guess what, the number Rohan McClure provided was not my rental, it belonged to someone else. Since his Florida real estate license seems to be active, I filed a complaint with them regarding him and viloation of Florida statute 832.05(3)(a), Cashing or depositing item with intent to defraud. Below is the link to his license information with a link on the left to file a complaint. One of the reasons I trusted that he was on the up and up was that he was a licensed broker in Florida.

https://www.myfloridalicense.com/licenseRelation.asp?SID=&licid=4149436

Sharon W.
May 07, 2013

You may also file a report with your local police department as this is also considered internet fraud.

Sharon W.
May 07, 2013

Please check my post as I have updated information.

Sharon W.
May 08, 2013

I also had initiated complaints with the Florida Attorney General - it is absolutely worth it. Rohan McClure is scum. You can also find him on Facebook - of course he hasn't responded to my friend request. I got my money back from my credit card companies because it is considered non-delivery of services paid for (I had to wait until after we got back from our trip because you have to wait until the "delivery" date has passed). I also had kept the paper trail of lies he was sending me. I also went after him through the Kellher Williams office he worked for on Florida - he has since been fired from there. For what it's worth this guy also had a criminal record in 2002 for child abandonment??? You can google his mug shot.

Courtney S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.