Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Consumer Advocates Services Enterprises Inc....a scam? Anyone please help

Dec 10, 2014

Terim96 take your SCAM somewhere else. NEVER pay anyone money upfront to rent or sell your timeshare. If they demand money upfront they are a SCAM period !!! I reported you to redweek for trying to advertise in here by misleading people. You said in your false post that you had friends that used a service. That was a lie...it's your SCAM operation. Now that you have been exposed take a hike.

Don P.
Dec 11, 2014

"not all companies are scams"

I have yet to see one that isn't.

all are scams, owned and staffed by scum.

David K.
May 09, 2015

Well- we shouldn't have to worry about these guys much longer- The owner was recently found dead, their BBB rating went to an F, they are closing the doors and not completing ANY of the service contracts they promised.

Michele S.
May 09, 2015

Whenever you get an unsolicited call from anyone purporting to be offering to "help" you with your timeshare, remember: no matter how nice or helpful they seem over the phone, they are the lowest form of life walking the earth. These are people who make their living by preying on people who have already been preyed on.

We who have been ripped off by the timeshare industry are like people who have had their legs broken and are lying in the street. The "timeshare help" people are like those, who when seeing someone with broken legs lying in the street see that as an opportunity to take the victims meager change from his pocket, his boots from his feet, and then even kick him for good measure.

Our elected representatives, the legal system, and the news media are all failing us in allowing these kind of businesses to continue to operate. WHY DOES THIS CONTINUE ?

David K.
May 10, 2015

What does the news media have to do with allowing these kind of businesses to continue? If anything, the news media are reporting on and exposing many of these scams, trying hard to make consumers aware.

The elected representatives and the legal system are doing some things to try to curb the scams in the timeshare industry. They might not be doing as much as some of us would like, but they have limited resources to stop these scam operations. There have been numerous reports of resale scam operations getting shut down and their principals being jailed. Unfortunately , the ones who are imprisoned are just a small fraction of the scam people who are still out there going strong.

Lance C.
May 10, 2015

I haven't seen any investigative reporting on this. Timeshares and their offshoots are one of the biggest scams of the late 20th and early 21st century. Where is 60 Minutes on this? Where is the NY Times? Time? Business Week?

Don't know what state you live in, but in AZ, the power brokers have been in bed with the timeshare people since the concept was first actualized.

If you want to read something interesting see: { http://www.roguecolumnist.com/rogue_columnist/2009/09/phoenix-101-underworld.html }. Which draws some connections between the murder of investigative journalist Don Bolles and a business owned by Barry Goldwater's brother Bob and timeshare developer Joe Martori (of the now defunct ILX resorts, sold to Diamond Resorts).

David K.

Last edited by davidk689 on May 10, 2015 05:39 PM

Jul 16, 2015

yes they. said they could help get my money. back. have paid. lots of money. to g hem without. no results

Judith D.
Jul 16, 2015

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can rent sell or get your money back. All they want is your upfront money. Once you give them money they put you on the " sucker list " and you will be contacted again claiming they can recover the money you lost. It doesn't end until you stop sending them money.

Don P.
Jul 16, 2015

Blah Blah Blah --- we've heard it all before. There are NO GOOD GUYS in the timeshare business or anything connected with it. You are all predators victimizing people whose only sin is gullibility. Those who further rip off people who have already been ripped off are the worst.

David K.
Jul 16, 2015

One of the simplest ways to divest yourself of a timeshare is to donate it to a legitimate charity such as Donate For A Cause. I have done this twice. I was able to get rid of two albatrosses, as well as take the closing costs and fees off my taxes. They would only take big guys like Marriott. Check into this throughly but this could be your salvation. Those fees go on forever and my son said he would never forgive me for sticking him with them when I was gone!

Donna P.
Jul 16, 2015

Donate for a Cause might be one of the simplest but it is certainly not the cheapest. It charges in the thousands of dollars to take possession of a timeshare. You said yours was a Marriott. Some Marriotts have resale value so Dontae for a Cause was likely eager and willing to take it from you. With a little bit of work, you probably could have sold it yourself and got a few bucks from it.

I know the units are no longer yours but, as for your children supposedly inheriting your units, one thing to remember is that heirs are never forced to inherit timeshares (or anything else for that matter). They can refuse it if they want.

Lance C.
Jul 16, 2015

Unfortunately,we tried for years to sell our units,one on Hilton Head Island and one in Orlando,Fl., while making two high payments every year on units we could no longer use. When you see the similar units being offered for $1.00 on Red Week and elsewhere,it was a no brainer for us. I don't believe I stated Donate for a Cause was cheap, They were, however a wonderful option for us and because we had a appraisal on units we had owned over 10 years, we actually came out quite well. The bottom line is, there is a way out of never ending payments that continue to go up every year as ours did.

Donna P.
Jul 17, 2015

I got rid of two timeshares in 2011 by contacting the home resorts and getting them to agree to take them back through a " deed back ". I explained to them that I was going to get rid of them with or without their cooperation. I explained to them that it was in their best interest to work with me. I was current in my fees and assessments. I just paid a minimal amount for filing fees and it took just a couple of weeks.

You have to be your own advocate and make it your priority to get rid of your burden. Sometimes you have to be creative. I have a hypothetical solution about transferring it to someone who " has nothing to lose " and would like to have a timeshare. Perhaps be charitable to this person and pay the next years maintenance fees so they can have a free vacation. After that it's their obligation to pay the fees.

I have no sympathy for the resorts that deceive people at high pressure sales presentations. There are large corporations purchasing resorts and raising fees while denying owners the choice bookings by selling those on the open market. If you read your contract you will find that it's pretty much one sided. The owners are at the mercy of the resort if they want to book a week but you are obligated to a lifetime of ever increasing fees and assessments.

I just encourage people to do what is right for them. I have no sympathy for the huge corporations that have taken over this industry for greed.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Jul 17, 2015 07:47 AM

Jul 18, 2015

anytime anyone offers any kind of service pertaining to a time-share offer, presume it is a hustle. timeshare's have no resale value, as the developer sell the same unit many times over. put it into your estate, and use it for what it is "VacationTime" for you and your family.

Charles K.
Jan 06, 2016

I can't believe anyone would fall for his scam. His post is in broken English. It's a SCAM !!! NEVER pay anyone money that claims they can recover the money you lost. It's the same scammers looking to get more money from you. Once you give money to any scammer they put you on the " sucker list " and somewhere down the road they contact you again and claim they can get back they money you were already scammed out of. It's a never ending cycle.

Don P.
Jan 07, 2016

some people milk cows-- dairy farmers. some people milk hope and desperation--timeshare scammers.

David K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.