Timeshare Companies

Puerto Vallarta area-Joe Potter salesman

Jul 21, 2012

Has anyone dealt with Joe Potter in the Pureto/Nuevo Vallarta region?

Natalie G.
Jul 22, 2012

natalieg64 wrote:

Is he a timeshare salesman? If so, Joe Potter is more than likely not his real name .... they change names like people change underwear. Also, if this Joe is trying to get you to buy a timeshare I'd be very wary. If you're looking to buy a timeshare in that region ...... people are giving them away .... try searching Ebay's timeshare auctions.

R P.
Jul 22, 2012

It's a scam. Don't get involved with these peole or you will lose your money.

Don P.
Jul 22, 2012

natalieg64 wrote:

What is Joe Potter's deal? Is he selling you a motorcycle? Offering to fix your printer? Telling you about a window-cleaning service? What?

Lance C.
Jul 23, 2012

lancec13 wrote:
natalieg64 wrote:

What is Joe Potter's deal? Is he selling you a motorcycle? Offering to fix your printer? Telling you about a window-cleaning service? What?

timeshare salesman

Natalie G.
Jul 24, 2012

natalieg64 wrote:
timeshare salesman

Well, there's that old saying, "How do you know a timeshare salesperson is lying? His lips are moving." Timeshare sales people, especially ones in Mexico, are notorious for lying during their sales presentations.

But, regardless of who the timeshare salesperson is or how honest or truthful he is, never buy a timeshare in Mexico (or anywhere else for that matter) from a timeshare presentation.

Come to think of it, don't even buy one in Mexico for $1. You can probably rent a week there for less than the maintenance fees. Plus, if/when you get tired of it or it no longer suits your travel needs and desires, they are very difficult to unload.

By the way, what did Joe Potter tell you or offer you? Was he the salesman at a timeshare presentation?

Lance C.
Aug 25, 2012

I bought a timeshare at Vallarta Gardens through Joe Potter. They guaranteed to buy my other time share and rent out the place at Vallarta Gardens to recover some money. They used Omnicorp Development as the outside agency. Research Omnicorp and you'll see there is a lot of negative press abou them. As far as Vallarta Gardens there is not much negative press but I did notice there was one other blog on the forum where any reference to Vallarta Gardens was removed. Not sure why it was removed but sounds suspicious.

B A.

Last edited by ba79 on Aug 25, 2012 01:09 PM

Aug 25, 2012

ba79 wrote:
I bought a timeshare at Vallarta Gardens through Joe Potter.

I would rescind the sale if you're still within your rescission period.

Lance C.
Sep 06, 2012

Too late to rescind. Just want to warn everybody to be careful of Joe Potter and Vallarta Gardens. They also sold me an annuity with Swiss Alliance Group. 3 months and not policy number or email or mail from them. Vallarta Gardens said they have a local rep but they still haven't contacted me. Got triple screwed with Vallarata Gardens price, Omni Corp Development re-sale scam with a guarantee price and sale, Swiss Alliance Group annuity scam. Be careful!!! They never seem to stop on new schemes.

B A.
Sep 07, 2012

Have you reported them to PROFECO (the consumer advocacy agency in Mexico). If you can prove you have been scammed then they can help you possibly get your money back.

R P.
Sep 08, 2012

I'll try them. I used to know where they were in PV but I think they moved so have to look them up again. I tried calling a phone number from the states and it didn't work.

B A.
Sep 09, 2012

There's a telephone number on their webpage .... scroll down:

http://www.profeco.gob.mx/english.htm

R P.
Sep 09, 2012

thanks. I'll try it. Have you had any luck calling them on that number?

B A.
Sep 10, 2012

ba79 wrote:
thanks. I'll try it. Have you had any luck calling them on that number?

No, but I never have needed their services.

R P.
Nov 15, 2012

Joe Potter is NOT a "typical" time share salesman -- he's pure slime. While the "typical" time share salesman and/or their presentation may stretch the truth very far (e.g., high resale value, high rental value, "great investment") they don't "guarantee" or "promise" these results in writing, as Joe's scam does. He works with a US partner -- Executive Properties in Laredo TX used to the be one, now it's Omnicorp in Springfield IL -- who makes the guarantee -- then promptly closes up within the next year. The guarantee says they will sell your other timeshares within 300 days, and rent the new one you're buying. This was Joe's scam at Coco Sunset in Costa Rica, and now he's moved on to Vallarta Gardens. If I were Joe, I'd be watching my back -- he's really pissed off a lot of people in a lot of places...

Patrick T.
Nov 16, 2012

I agree. He is not a typical salesman. He will prey on your sentifments and befriend you to think he is looking out for you and care about you. He will out right lie and say everything he's saying is written in the contract. What he's not telling you is the finer points of the contract. He will treat you right to make sure you don't try to rescind the contract.

B A.
Dec 10, 2012

NetManagement Group 535 Griswold Street 1110 Detroit,Michigan 48226

The NetManagement Goup has offered me a fantastic price for my timeshare at the Grand Luxxe Spa in Puerto Vallarta. Has anyone heard of this company or dealt with them. I've been scamed once and that's enough.

Arlene G.
Dec 10, 2012

A few "tells" about scams: 1. if the offer is too good to be true, it is... not true 2. If the offering party does not even have a web site -- and I can't find one for these guys -- it's hard to imagine they're "real." 3. If they do have a web site, but it's only a few weeks or months old (and there are several sites where you can check for domain information -- just plug in the web site name and it will tell you who owns it, where they are located, and when they obtained the name) 4. If they pass these tests, then ask for testimonials -- and verify that these are real people (not friends of the scammers). You can do this by checking for social network sites -- most "real" people today are on FB, LinkedIn, or other similar sties. Also can ask these people for their work email address. If they have none of these, they almost certainly are not real, and it's a scam. 5. Similarly, ask the person from the company who they are -- and check on them. Almost everybody today has a web presence, either through a telephone listing, or similar. Again, if their names don't show up for the location they claim they are calling from, they're not real - they probably are sitting at a pool in Puerto Vallarta sipping rum and cokes and laughing at the stupidity of their marks. 6. Finally, if they "pass" all the above --NEVER AGREE to UP-FRONT MONEY. NEVER!! If they truly are legitimate, the buyer can pay any fees or past-due taxes, or any of the many other claims these guys make to get you to part with your money. 7. (ADDED): just Google-mapped address you provided -- it's in an office building in Detroit -- but it's also a UPS store -- which is one of the favorite methods of working for these scammers. They don't have an office -- they use a UPS store to get a box number that isn't obviously a box number so you think they're real. I will bet that if you called a general information number for that building they would say they never heard of these guys...

Good luck -- and DON'T FALL FOR THIS!!!

Patrick T.

Last edited by patrickt11 on Dec 10, 2012 03:28 PM

Dec 10, 2012

I't a scam..... that simple. Run as fast as you can away from them.

Don P.
Dec 13, 2012

If you buy at Vallarta Gardens you are being SCAMMED, there is no inventory there, they will not sell your other Time Share, and you will not receive any money down the road from this "Marketing Company" they have for a few months and then change to another one. The new units on the "hill" overlooking the ocean will never be built. Ask the WHY they haven't started building, "the rains have stopped" in P.V. If it sounds to good to be true it is.

Ray J.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.